Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Who sees 6x Champion HOF Coach Pat Riley coming back to Coaching?

Go down 
+2
Nick C
EM:)
6 posters
AuthorMessage
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Male Posts : 6319

Who sees 6x Champion HOF Coach Pat Riley coming back to Coaching? Empty
PostSubject: Who sees 6x Champion HOF Coach Pat Riley coming back to Coaching?   Who sees 6x Champion HOF Coach Pat Riley coming back to Coaching? EmptyTue May 04, 2010 12:08 am

I think Riley and Sloan are the greatest living basketball coaching minds to date. Riley is very egomaniacal and is always looking to expand on his legacy. I think he is the greatest Lakers coach of all-time, 1 of the greatest Knick coaches of all-time, and of course the greatest Heat Coach of all-time. After Dolan that jackass was foolish enough not to let Riley takeover NY's President position he betrayed us and went on to an expansion team in Miami to not only become President, but Coach as well. Over the years he's had a lot of highs and a lot of lows in MIA. And this season he's keeping his coaching options open. Not only that but his franchise player who is close to him in D-Wade's time in MIA is running up.

Meanwhile, VDN is out of his head coaching position in CHI and Paxon may be reprimanded for his actions as well. Who else sees Pat Riley going to MIA as Head Coach and eventually team President. To expand his legacy in CHI, a team that had his number in the 90's. Phil Jackson and Pat Riley have shared LA and I think now they'll share CHI. Not only that but D-WADE will follow Riley to the CHI.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Who sees 6x Champion HOF Coach Pat Riley coming back to Coaching?   Who sees 6x Champion HOF Coach Pat Riley coming back to Coaching? EmptyTue May 04, 2010 12:11 am

Add on Pop to that list of greatest living coaches basketball minds also Hubie Brown. Chucky D was on the list but sadly he passed on.
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: Who sees 6x Champion HOF Coach Pat Riley coming back to Coaching?   Who sees 6x Champion HOF Coach Pat Riley coming back to Coaching? EmptyTue May 04, 2010 12:18 am

Yeah I do. Especially if it keeps Wade in Miami.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Who sees 6x Champion HOF Coach Pat Riley coming back to Coaching?   Who sees 6x Champion HOF Coach Pat Riley coming back to Coaching? EmptyTue May 04, 2010 12:26 am

I see him either coaching MIA again or going to CHI hahaha... 1 thing I don't like about him is that it looked as if he tried to get SVG out of the job because he didn't like the way he was coaching MIA. And then Riley in the blink of an eye comes back and wins a Championship with a team SVG didn't do such a bad job on. Then after his ring and a couple of porous seasons, especially that 15 win 1 he leaves coaching again not to put a blemish on his legacy and then puts in Spolestra a guy with no head coaching exp. who overachieved with them these last 2 years if you asked me. And now he may fire him again if he does get his contract as President renewed to once again coach.
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

PostSubject: Re: Who sees 6x Champion HOF Coach Pat Riley coming back to Coaching?   Who sees 6x Champion HOF Coach Pat Riley coming back to Coaching? EmptyTue May 04, 2010 12:42 am

TonyEM: It's Giggles wrote:
Add on Pop to that list of greatest living coaches basketball minds also Hubie Brown. Chucky D was on the list but sadly he passed on.

God I miss Chuck Daly. He didn't win as much as Pat and Phil, but the man was an amazing coach and friend to his players. His teams loved playing for Chuck Daly. In 14 years as a head coach he only had one losing season, his first gig in Cleveland. He could get any type of player to push themselves and mesh with the team. He is still my all-time favorite coach. Over Pop... over Phil... over Pat... Over anyone.

Hubie Brown is probably my favorite ex-coach/color commentator to listen to. I feel like it's story time with my grandpa when he talks and all I wanna do is sit back and listen to every word out of his mouth. SO many people don;t like listening to him, but you will learn so much about basketball and how the game works when you listen to Hubie.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Who sees 6x Champion HOF Coach Pat Riley coming back to Coaching?   Who sees 6x Champion HOF Coach Pat Riley coming back to Coaching? EmptyTue May 04, 2010 12:49 am

TonyEM: It's Giggles wrote:
I see him either coaching MIA again or going to CHI hahaha... 1 thing I don't like about him is that it looked as if he tried to get SVG out of the job because he didn't like the way he was coaching MIA. And then Riley in the blink of an eye comes back and wins a Championship with a team SVG didn't do such a bad job on. Then after his ring and a couple of porous seasons, especially that 15 win 1 he leaves coaching again not to put a blemish on his legacy and then puts in Spolestra a guy with no head coaching exp. who overachieved with them these last 2 years if you asked me. And now he may fire him again if he does get his contract as President renewed to once again coach.

Agreed....

Coaches I don't like:

Flip Saunders
Don Cheaney
Sam Mitchell
Isiah Thomas
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Who sees 6x Champion HOF Coach Pat Riley coming back to Coaching?   Who sees 6x Champion HOF Coach Pat Riley coming back to Coaching? EmptyTue May 04, 2010 12:56 am

Nick C wrote:

Hubie Brown is probably my favorite ex-coach/color commentator to listen to. I feel like it's story time with my grandpa when he talks and all I wanna do is sit back and listen to every word out of his mouth. SO many people don;t like listening to him, but you will learn so much about basketball and how the game works when you listen to Hubie.

Wow, you really hit it on the nail about Hubie.
I agree; I enjoy listening to his commentary because he well-versed when it comes to basketball as you stated.
One can really learn a lot from what he says in his commentary.
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

PostSubject: Re: Who sees 6x Champion HOF Coach Pat Riley coming back to Coaching?   Who sees 6x Champion HOF Coach Pat Riley coming back to Coaching? EmptyTue May 04, 2010 1:22 am

SRF: Spurs Fever! wrote:
Nick C wrote:

I agree; I enjoy listening to his commentary because he well-versed when it comes to basketball as you stated.

I was listening to Ryen Russillo of NBA Today.... he as big of a fan of Hubie as you, Tony and I am. I thought it was awesome that a guy who interviews everybody in the NBA was practically giddy and geeked up the whole interview except for a couple of question here and there... At one point Hubie goes "Am I talking too long?"... Ryen responds "No no no... Trust me we can go all day"....

It's still on iTunes if you want to listen to a great Hubie interview. Look for the NBA Today on iTunes 4/7/10 date, that should be it. He broke so much stuff down, and I love that unlike a lot of former players and coaches he isn't bitter or resentful (usually its about money or the BS about fundementals) of todays players or how the game is played. He is so respectful of the game and is a true observer of basketball. Which is what I strive to be.

Oh! As a bonus George Gervin is also interviewed after Hubie and it's a fun interview too.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Who sees 6x Champion HOF Coach Pat Riley coming back to Coaching?   Who sees 6x Champion HOF Coach Pat Riley coming back to Coaching? EmptyTue May 04, 2010 7:29 am

Yeah,Pat Riley is my all time favourite coach so i would love to see him back at coaching the Heat!
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

PostSubject: Re: Who sees 6x Champion HOF Coach Pat Riley coming back to Coaching?   Who sees 6x Champion HOF Coach Pat Riley coming back to Coaching? EmptyTue May 04, 2010 11:36 am

Nick C wrote:
Nick C wrote:

I was listening to Ryen Russillo of NBA Today.... he as big of a fan of Hubie as you, Tony and I am. I thought it was awesome that a guy who interviews everybody in the NBA was practically giddy and geeked up the whole interview except for a couple of question here and there... At one point Hubie goes "Am I talking too long?"... Ryen responds "No no no... Trust me we can go all day"....

It's still on iTunes if you want to listen to a great Hubie interview. Look for the NBA Today on iTunes 4/7/10 date, that should be it. He broke so much stuff down, and I love that unlike a lot of former players and coaches he isn't bitter or resentful (usually its about money or the BS about fundementals) of todays players or how the game is played. He is so respectful of the game and is a true observer of basketball. Which is what I strive to be.

Oh! As a bonus George Gervin is also interviewed after Hubie and it's a fun interview too.

Sweet thanks!
I don't have iTunes so I will look for this interview on youtube!
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Who sees 6x Champion HOF Coach Pat Riley coming back to Coaching?   Who sees 6x Champion HOF Coach Pat Riley coming back to Coaching? EmptyTue May 04, 2010 12:24 pm

Like seriously it's time for you to board the ITunes train there homie? It's a crazy train that takes you on a musical journey through life.
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

PostSubject: Re: Who sees 6x Champion HOF Coach Pat Riley coming back to Coaching?   Who sees 6x Champion HOF Coach Pat Riley coming back to Coaching? EmptyTue May 04, 2010 12:25 pm

What does it do anyway? Do you have to own an ipod to use it?
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

PostSubject: Re: Who sees 6x Champion HOF Coach Pat Riley coming back to Coaching?   Who sees 6x Champion HOF Coach Pat Riley coming back to Coaching? EmptyTue May 04, 2010 12:40 pm

Nope. You don't need an iPod. As long as you have windows 2000 and higher or a somewhat current mac you can download it. Always download from the http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_mac?afid=p219%7CGOUS&cid=OAS-US-KWG-CPUBrandTerms-US site... its safe and you'll get the most current version of iTunes.

It catalogs the music on you computer and it has every hobby/interest that you could ever want on the podcasts. NBA podcast, film reviews, "What you missed in history class" (one of my favorites). It also has a dedicated music/talk station satellite... so like non-stop hiphop, stand up comedy, NPR world news.

If you get it I'll recommend to you some cool podcast and satellite channels if you'd like.

Unfortunately that interview with Hubie is only on the NBA Today podcast.

Last edited by Nick C on Tue May 04, 2010 1:04 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Who sees 6x Champion HOF Coach Pat Riley coming back to Coaching?   Who sees 6x Champion HOF Coach Pat Riley coming back to Coaching? EmptyTue May 04, 2010 12:50 pm

Hubie Brown is amazing he really knows the game and I do love just listening to him you do learn a lot. I wish I could have been born when he was coaching the Knicks. But, no worries I saw him coach in Memphis and he did a fantastic job with that bunch. Memphis was a good team.
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

PostSubject: Re: Who sees 6x Champion HOF Coach Pat Riley coming back to Coaching?   Who sees 6x Champion HOF Coach Pat Riley coming back to Coaching? EmptyTue May 04, 2010 1:04 pm

Nick C wrote:

Nope. You don't need and ipod. As long as you have windows 2000 and higher or a somewhat current mac you can download it. Always download from the Mac.com site... its safe and you'll get the most current version of iTunes.

It catalogs the music on you computer and it has every hobby/interest that you could ever want on the podcasts. NBA podcast, film reviews, "What you missed in history class" (one of my favorites). It also has a dedicated music/talk station satellite... so like non-stop hiphop, stand up comedy, NPR world news.

If you get it I'll recommend to you some cool podcast and satellite channels if you'd like.

Ah, okay.
I have heard of iTunes but I just assumed you needed an ipod or something to use it. I was not aware of what it did tbh. Embarassed
Alrighty then, I shall download this bad boy soon and test it out.
Thanks!!! And once I download it...I will prolly hit you up Nick for some recommendations on podcasts and stuff :p
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

PostSubject: Re: Who sees 6x Champion HOF Coach Pat Riley coming back to Coaching?   Who sees 6x Champion HOF Coach Pat Riley coming back to Coaching? EmptyTue May 04, 2010 1:06 pm

Nick C wrote:

Nope. You don't need and ipod. As long as you have windows 2000 and higher or a somewhat current mac you can download it. Always download from the Mac.com site... its safe and you'll get the most current version of iTunes.

Ah, okay.
I have heard of iTunes but I just assumed you needed an ipod or something to use it. I was not aware of what it did tbh. Embarassed
Alrighty then, I shall download this bad boy soon and test it out.
Thanks!!! And once I download it...I will prolly hit you up Nick for some recommendations on podcasts and stuff :p

Cool.

Here is the actual site http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_mac?afid=p219%7CGOUS&cid=OAS-US-KWG-CPUBrandTerms-US.
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

PostSubject: Re: Who sees 6x Champion HOF Coach Pat Riley coming back to Coaching?   Who sees 6x Champion HOF Coach Pat Riley coming back to Coaching? EmptyTue May 04, 2010 1:55 pm

Thanks!!!

I just finished downloading it...lemme see how this thing works now.
Back to top Go down
Saeed
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Saeed

Male Posts : 8780

PostSubject: Re: Who sees 6x Champion HOF Coach Pat Riley coming back to Coaching?   Who sees 6x Champion HOF Coach Pat Riley coming back to Coaching? EmptyTue May 04, 2010 5:47 pm

how many people explain how great a guy daly was, i guess i really wanna see him coach. even my teachers who know almost nothing about the nba talk about how he was such an amazing man.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: Who sees 6x Champion HOF Coach Pat Riley coming back to Coaching?   Who sees 6x Champion HOF Coach Pat Riley coming back to Coaching? EmptyTue May 04, 2010 8:48 pm

hope he doesn't. spoelstra has done a pretty good job. but it definitely might happen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who sees 6x Champion HOF Coach Pat Riley coming back to Coaching?   Who sees 6x Champion HOF Coach Pat Riley coming back to Coaching? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who sees 6x Champion HOF Coach Pat Riley coming back to Coaching?
Page 1 of 1