Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Anybody who watches NCAA BBall here give my your 5 reasons why you think its better than the NBA

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

Male Posts : 8873

Anybody who watches NCAA BBall here give my your 5 reasons why you think its better than the NBA Empty
PostSubject: Anybody who watches NCAA BBall here give my your 5 reasons why you think its better than the NBA   Anybody who watches NCAA BBall here give my your 5 reasons why you think its better than the NBA EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 1:48 pm

I didnt say you have to think it's better but just want 5 points that you like better about the NCAA than NBA

for me

1. The Tournament, so unpredictable and much crazier unseen matchups and down to the fire games. Destroys the NBA Playoffs imo

2.Intensity, the intensity is their far more than it is in the NBA

3.Pride, players play with school pride and always put it on the line

4.Money, players love to play the game and play for that reason and not just a paycheck

5.Hustle, alot more hustle in the College Game

6.Pace, refs call too many fouls and blow the whistle too much in the NBA, I like the play-on style in College way more
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

Male Posts : 5845

Anybody who watches NCAA BBall here give my your 5 reasons why you think its better than the NBA Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody who watches NCAA BBall here give my your 5 reasons why you think its better than the NBA   Anybody who watches NCAA BBall here give my your 5 reasons why you think its better than the NBA EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 2:24 pm

1. There is no better time in sports for me than March Madness.

2. They play for the name on the front instead of the back (alright, I'll wait for you to finish vomiting at my use of that cliche).

3. They aren't playing for the bottom line.

4. Just a lot more heart in the college game. I dunno. Maybe it has to do with reasons 2 and 3?

5. The greatest highlights of the NCAA tourney (for me) are much more exciting than the NBA ones.
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: Anybody who watches NCAA BBall here give my your 5 reasons why you think its better than the NBA   Anybody who watches NCAA BBall here give my your 5 reasons why you think its better than the NBA EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 2:26 pm

I like the reasoning and the cliche never dies out because it's always true lol
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

Male Posts : 5845

PostSubject: Re: Anybody who watches NCAA BBall here give my your 5 reasons why you think its better than the NBA   Anybody who watches NCAA BBall here give my your 5 reasons why you think its better than the NBA EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 2:34 pm

King Of NJ wrote:
I like the reasoning and the cliche never dies out because it's always true lol

Lol...just making sure. 👅
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Anybody who watches NCAA BBall here give my your 5 reasons why you think its better than the NBA   Anybody who watches NCAA BBall here give my your 5 reasons why you think its better than the NBA EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 3:13 pm

I watched NCAA basketball since January,i might never watch again if that chanell is removed but i was impressed.Damn,i saw many great individual and team greatness.I watched Syracues once,they have dangerious shooters from outside.I also liked Butler,they have nice team,Kansas State too etc

From the players i loved the games of Gordon Hayward,silky smooth,great passer,good defender,decision make and clutcher.Then,i watched one Johnson guy he was chasing a record of 39 points and dominated the game,he had a great move on 1 defender,it might be the move of the year.

Then,my favoruite player out of college who declare for the NBA draft is Greg Monroe.Fantastic combination of skills,size,versality,defense and leadership,his 17 points/12 rebounds/7 assists and 3 blocks vs Marquette are impressive.Evan Turner is a beast,his all around game is superb,great on both ends.Cole Aldridge's/Aldrich's(idk his correct last name) proved why he's the best defensive player coming out of college and rebounder as well....

Btw,Butler's coach is genious,shame he couldn't win a National Title,i hope he wins it next year

Here are my 5 reasons

1.March Madness,a fantastic tournament where the best potential NBA talents are displayed,where the 'Magic' happens

2.Pride:They play like 2 times less games then the NBA but they play it with pride,determination,heart and desire to win,to be the best....

3.Unpredictable:In the true meaning of the word,ask Kansas State,they were #1 seed in the start of the March Madness and they finished very early...

4.Competitive:The NCAA is more competitive then the NBA,c'mon Batler were no one and nothing but they make a championship run.Have we seen for example,Portland or Suns to make to the NBA Finals with beeing like behind the elite title contenders in this decade?No...also i would love to see Butler with a national title next year

5.Ability to give of the players to put 110% in a team effort and as an individual to play excellent game...

These are my reasons
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: Anybody who watches NCAA BBall here give my your 5 reasons why you think its better than the NBA   Anybody who watches NCAA BBall here give my your 5 reasons why you think its better than the NBA EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 7:03 pm

Oh crap how the heck can I not add unpredictability

the upsets are what makes it great. Love seeing cinderellas and shows you can't sleep on any team in the NCAA Tournament

also forgot to add down to the wire games. The NCAA Tournament and NCAAs seem to have a ton of games that always are decided in the Final 2 minutes of the game. The NBA games can be decided real early. Thats why the NCAA Tournament is notable for buzzer beaters and we saw 2 this year and a bunch more games decided on a game winning shot with under 5 seconds to go

also going to add unfamiliar foes. In the NBA teams see each other minimun 2-3 times a year during the regular season. Almsot every matchup in the NCAA Tournament teams have never met during the regular season and it's fun to see different styles and matchups between foes you don't normally get to see
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: Anybody who watches NCAA BBall here give my your 5 reasons why you think its better than the NBA   Anybody who watches NCAA BBall here give my your 5 reasons why you think its better than the NBA EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 12:13 am

The NBA is faaaar greater... but I'll play along.

1. Rivalries. The single best thing that the NCAA has over the NBA. Mostly because of schools and not the players.

2. Cinderella. Basically a team that no one pays attention to or gets looked over for pretty teams. Last real cinderella team in the NBA was New York versus the Spurs Finals.

3. Watching the kids grow up. I follow basketball all the way to highschool. I like watching the kids make progress and become better players. It's rarer nowadays, because so many jump ship after their freshman season... I wish Lance Stephenson, Wall, Cousins, Favors, Monroe (for his junior year) and Whiteside all stayed for another season. But you do get to see guys like Evan Turner, Patrick Patterson, Dwyane Wade, Tim Duncan, Deron Williams and so on become better players year after year.

4. 1 and done Tourney. Its what makes March Madness. The nailbiters. If you lose. You are out. Again I don't think its better than the pros, but it's what I like about college ball.

5. Last, but not least. Scrappy players. Sounds weird right? There is usually one potential NBA player on the best teams. Some schools have more, but in general there is only one star. But there are teams that have none and just outwork and outhustle everyone. A bunch of scrappy hardnosed players that fight, because they don't have a superstar on their team. They play for each other and to prove doubters wrong.

Those are my 5 things I like better (well 3 of them) more than the NBA.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: Anybody who watches NCAA BBall here give my your 5 reasons why you think its better than the NBA   Anybody who watches NCAA BBall here give my your 5 reasons why you think its better than the NBA EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 12:18 am

Nick C wrote:
The NBA is faaaar greater... but I'll play along.

1. Rivalries. The single best thing that the NCAA has over the NBA. Mostly because of schools and not the players.

2. Cinderella. Basically a team that no one pays attention to or gets looked over for pretty teams. Last real cinderella team in the NBA was New York versus the Spurs Finals.

3. Watching the kids grow up. I follow basketball all the way to highschool. I like watching the kids make progress and become better players. It's rarer nowadays, because so many jump ship after their freshman season... I wish Lance Stephenson, Wall, Cousins, Favors, Monroe (for his junior year) and Whiteside all stayed for another season. But you do get to see guys like Evan Turner, Patrick Patterson, Dwyane Wade, Tim Duncan, Deron Williams and so on become better players year after year.

4. 1 and done Tourney. Its what makes March Madness. The nailbiters. If you lose. You are out. Again I don't think its better than the pros, but it's what I like about college ball.

5. Last, but not least. Scrappy players. Sounds weird right? There is usually one potential NBA player on the best teams. Some schools have more, but in general there is only one star. But there are teams that have none and just outwork and outhustle everyone. A bunch of scrappy hardnosed players that fight, because they don't have a superstar on their team. They play for each other and to prove doubters wrong.

Those are my 5 things I like better (well 3 of them) more than the NBA.

I'm lazy right now so...DITTO
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anybody who watches NCAA BBall here give my your 5 reasons why you think its better than the NBA   Anybody who watches NCAA BBall here give my your 5 reasons why you think its better than the NBA Empty

Back to top Go down

Anybody who watches NCAA BBall here give my your 5 reasons why you think its better than the NBA
Page 1 of 1