Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Name the five major pro athletes in your city that you think are must sees and the five that need to go

Go down 
+15
EM:)
FC
Chris
cbi
Snow.
Straight Edge Bluntness
YS
brownie13
No Longer DEAD
Saeed
Steve
Darko
Fox News
King Of NJ
wallshingtonwizard
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

Name the five major pro athletes in your city that you think are must sees and the five that need to go Empty
PostSubject: Name the five major pro athletes in your city that you think are must sees and the five that need to go   Name the five major pro athletes in your city that you think are must sees and the five that need to go EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 12:10 pm

Of your top five and bottom five, please limit to two athletes per individual team. So for me, my top five could have at most two players from the Caps, Skins, etc

Eligible leagues:
NFL - football
NHL – ice hockey
NBA – men’s basketball
MLB - baseball
MLS – men’s soccer
WNBA – women’s basketball
WPS – women’s soccer

Fortunately in Washington, we have a team for every one of these leagues

Must sees:

Alex Ovechkin, Washington Capitals: 100 pts a year comes out of him, still he’s a sick scorer, but has become a great dish man as of late. Easily the LeBron James of hockey

Nicklas Backstrom, Washington Capitals: Another 100 pts a year man: He is much more of a Chris Paul than a LeBron, but he has scored many more goals this season

Brian Orakpo, Washington Redskins: A monster hybrid DE/LB. Yes, another man in the middle helped his stats, but even without him, he is a freak!

Ivan Rodriguez, Washington Nationals: He is a glue guy and locker room leader. The current day Johnny Bench. Always has been a stand up man too.

Abby Wambach, Washington Freedom: WPS is a niche league and I don’t care for the league very much. But I have seen her play on the world stage (most of you have too) and she is one of the best scorers in the game, and was the best for much of this past decade. If you ever go out to the MD Soccer Plex in Boyds, MD, definitely catch a Freedom game

Close but no cigar: Katie Smith (Mystics); Ryan Zimmerman (Nats); No Strasburg because he is in the minors for now; and Chris Cooley (Skins)

Ship ‘em outta town:
Gilbert Arenas, Washington Wizards: One of the best shooters in the NBA, has become a better PG than what people give him credit for, but the gun incident is unforgiveable, plus his pranks, and he sat on his $111 million like a fat cat

Albert Haynesworth, Washington Redskins: First, he's an athletic freak at his size. He could be Wes Unseld with Dwight's hops. But he won’t practice with the team, as a Skin he's always out of shape and needs oxygen or a cart after every three plays, even with his guys, has a rap sheet too. In general, he slacked off after he got $100 million. Gil took his 100 million for granted, and for good reason actually because he can do anything besides brutal rap and murder. Ovie on the other hand tried 10 times harder once he got $100 million.

Clinton Portis, Washington Redskins: Out of shape last year and never practiced. Needed oxygen after mundane plays. Didn't ay the best of things about past Skins (not Lavar Arrington) who did a million times more than he has over ever will (uh, John Riggins?). He's a good player, probably still has a year or two in him if he practices hard, and he is doing that better than Albert at this point because he wants to keep his job.

Nikki Blue, G, Washington Mystics: At least I don’t have to deal with character issues with her. But she gets blown by almost every 1[sup]st,2nd, , and 3rd tier G in the WNBA, and Joe Six Packs think that even the best WNBA players would lose to average looking men. Essentially she’s a waste of roster space, even last year. From that standpoint, ship her out of town, but her character is classy, unlike the first three I mentioned.

Quintin Ross, G/F, Washington Wizards: He is disgracing that #3 jersey every time he’s on the floor. On a good day, he shoots worse than DeShawn on a bad day, not all that much better on D, and he’s a stick. We traded away our Tough Juice who is now known as Musk Daddy and now we have Fluff Juice. Again, he’s a good guy, but sports is a business

Testing My Patience: Rocky McIntosh (Redskins)
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

Male Posts : 8873

Name the five major pro athletes in your city that you think are must sees and the five that need to go Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name the five major pro athletes in your city that you think are must sees and the five that need to go   Name the five major pro athletes in your city that you think are must sees and the five that need to go EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 12:16 pm

this is hard for me

there's only 2 teams in New Jersey. I'll include the Giants and Jets since they play in New Jersey though

Must sees

NFL Football- Jets RB Ladanian Tomlinson. Hall Of Fame RB. I would say the entire Jets defensive unit and Darrelle Revis is a close 2nd

NHL Hockey- Devils Goalie Martin Broduer. Hall Of Fame Goalie. Most wins and best Goalie in NHL History imo

NBA- Well the Nets really really sucked this year and it was painful to watch. A "must see" and Nets don't go in the same sentence. I'll say Devin Harris since he's the only Net that's ever been an All-Star

MLS- Got a nice new stadium in Harrison but don't follow it

MLB- No team in New Jersey

WNBA- No team in New Jersey

WPS- No team in New Jersey

Must get out of town

NFL Football- New York Giants Defensive Backs any of them. Can't cover for jack.

NHL Hockey- Don't know who to say here

NBA-Yi Jianlian. He's just terrible and plays incredibly soft. A bust
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Name the five major pro athletes in your city that you think are must sees and the five that need to go   Name the five major pro athletes in your city that you think are must sees and the five that need to go EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 12:40 pm

nikki blue goes to my church..stop hating on her
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Name the five major pro athletes in your city that you think are must sees and the five that need to go   Name the five major pro athletes in your city that you think are must sees and the five that need to go EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 1:54 pm

NFL-No such thing in my country,yes i know,it's weird because people actually here could be intersted in american football but yet there's no to present it....

NHL-Again,no such thing in my place but yet again i think if there is a sport like this,there would be many intersted potential players to play the sport

NBA-No one from Macedonia has ever played in the NBA,but if we're talking about a great basketball player for both our country and his European team,easily Vrbica Stefanov

MLB-Nooo....

MLB-No,i don't think so but our best footballer Goran Pandev plays in the Seria A

And idk any good girl in football/bball in Macedonia.
Back to top Go down
Steve
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Steve

Male Posts : 1710

PostSubject: Re: Name the five major pro athletes in your city that you think are must sees and the five that need to go   Name the five major pro athletes in your city that you think are must sees and the five that need to go EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 2:29 pm

Must Sees:
Tuukka Rask- Boston Bruins- The best young goaltender in the NHL, want to understand how good he is? He took over for Tim Thomas, who won the Vezina last year....Yes the reigning Vezina winner is on the bench...

Jerrod Mayo- New England Patriots- One of the best MLBs in the NFL, and only getting better.

Josh Reddick- Boston Red Sox- The Red Sox blow this season, but Reddick has shown the potential to be a very good player in the bigs for a long time.

Rajon Rondo- Boston Celtics- Obviously the future of the franchise and one of the best young PGs in the NBA.

Taylor Twellman- New England Revolution- The only Revs star who hasn't gone to Europe yet.

Get out of town!
David Ortiz- Boston Red Sox- Nobody loves him anymore...

Brian Scalabrine- Boston Celtics- 3.2 Million more to spend!!!!

Tim Thomas- Boston Bruins- Amazing Goaltender, but imagine what he is worth on the open market?

James Sanders- New England Patriots- I haven't seen a problem with Sanders, but Belichick seems to see something wrong, so I guess he needs to go.

Connecticut Sun- Entire Franchise- I doubt they could even beat the UConn women's team...
Back to top Go down
Saeed
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Saeed

Male Posts : 8780

PostSubject: Re: Name the five major pro athletes in your city that you think are must sees and the five that need to go   Name the five major pro athletes in your city that you think are must sees and the five that need to go EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 3:00 pm

well...

I live in a small ass city. So I'll just go with Pittsburgh.

Must See:

Rashard Mendenhall - He's one of the few in the NFL who can turn a negative yardage play into a 6-10 yard gain.

Sidney Crosby - I don't follow hockey. I don't follow hockey, AT ALL. But from the Penguins' games I watch, Crosby is BEEEEAST.

Andrew McCutchen - Pretty much the only least bit of hope the Pirates have anymore.

Troy Polamalu - CRACKHEAD SPEED.

Idk much about NHL and MLB so heres another NFL.

James Harrison - Some people wonder why he was the Defensive Player of the Year. He's fast, built, and can hit like a crackhead.
Back to top Go down
Saeed
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Saeed

PostSubject: Re: Name the five major pro athletes in your city that you think are must sees and the five that need to go   Name the five major pro athletes in your city that you think are must sees and the five that need to go EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 3:01 pm

oh shit. i forgot about the bad dudes.

Suckies

Complete Pittsburgh Pirates Roster

Malkin from Penguins

Mike Tomlin

Ben Rapelisberger

Willie Parker
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: Name the five major pro athletes in your city that you think are must sees and the five that need to go   Name the five major pro athletes in your city that you think are must sees and the five that need to go EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 3:12 pm

jets bandwagon. wrote:
oh shit. i forgot about the bad dudes.

Suckies

Complete Pittsburgh Pirates Roster

Malkin from Penguins

Mike Tomlin

Ben Rapelisberger

Willie Parker

Well they got rid of Parker, who's now a Skin, Mike Tomlin's a good coach though. He came from my college, so I must be a homer from that regard.
Back to top Go down
Saeed
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Saeed

PostSubject: Re: Name the five major pro athletes in your city that you think are must sees and the five that need to go   Name the five major pro athletes in your city that you think are must sees and the five that need to go EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 3:16 pm

Mike Tomlin doesnt interest me. His style kinda bores me.
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

Male Posts : 5078

PostSubject: Re: Name the five major pro athletes in your city that you think are must sees and the five that need to go   Name the five major pro athletes in your city that you think are must sees and the five that need to go EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 7:53 pm

Must Sees

Monta Ellis - this guy drives like a crackhead, as SK would say.

Steph Curry - this guy shoots like a crackhead too!

Tim Lincecum - OMG...guess what...this guy pitches like a crackhead!

Patrick Willis - yeah, this guy hits like a crackhead.

Bengie Molina - now, this guy really does run like a crackhead. it's a beauty to watch him run.

Need to Go

Monta Ellis - Dude creates more problems than a crackhead

Andris Biedrins - 11 million dollars...what does he use that for? crack?

Barry Shithoe - gets surgery on his ass...126 million dollars...need I say more? Oh, right. He looks like a crackhead.

Alex Smith - He wears the number 11 in the gayest city in the country...need I say more?

Don Nelson - No comment.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: Name the five major pro athletes in your city that you think are must sees and the five that need to go   Name the five major pro athletes in your city that you think are must sees and the five that need to go EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 7:56 pm

Must Sees:
Stephen Curry (exciting young player could be the future leader of the Warriors)
Tim Lincecum (best pitcher in baseball, and not yet 26)
Michael Crabtree (shortened season last year, but showed how amazing he could be)

Need to Go:
Jamarcus Russell (just plain sucks)
Aaron Rowand (not worth the money)

..ill get back to you
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

PostSubject: Re: Name the five major pro athletes in your city that you think are must sees and the five that need to go   Name the five major pro athletes in your city that you think are must sees and the five that need to go EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 8:22 pm

Don't hate on Aaron Rowand Mad
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

PostSubject: Re: Name the five major pro athletes in your city that you think are must sees and the five that need to go   Name the five major pro athletes in your city that you think are must sees and the five that need to go EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 8:27 pm

Rowand sucks ass dude...12 million dollars for what, 10 HR's? Name the five major pro athletes in your city that you think are must sees and the five that need to go 902265
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

PostSubject: Re: Name the five major pro athletes in your city that you think are must sees and the five that need to go   Name the five major pro athletes in your city that you think are must sees and the five that need to go EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 8:32 pm

yeah....he's pretty overpaid..
But he was great in Philly....although not great enough to warrant that contract haha
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Name the five major pro athletes in your city that you think are must sees and the five that need to go   Name the five major pro athletes in your city that you think are must sees and the five that need to go EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 9:48 pm

I only watch basketball so my answer will be short...

Needs to go:

Hedo Turk
Jose Calderon
Jay Triano

Must see:

Christopher Wesson Bosh
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Name the five major pro athletes in your city that you think are must sees and the five that need to go   Name the five major pro athletes in your city that you think are must sees and the five that need to go EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 10:03 pm

...continues

Must Sees:
Monta Ellis (very exciting player who can light up the scoreboard)
Pablo Sandoval (big man that can run and play the field...usually. he also has a great nickname)
Need to Go:
Monta Ellis (very aggravating player that isn't learning to make better decisions on the court)
Dan Boyle (as of this instant)
Alex Smith (tiny hands, turnovers, poor decision making, timid pocket presence. 49ers worst player)
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

PostSubject: Re: Name the five major pro athletes in your city that you think are must sees and the five that need to go   Name the five major pro athletes in your city that you think are must sees and the five that need to go EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 10:04 pm

copycat. Razz
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Name the five major pro athletes in your city that you think are must sees and the five that need to go   Name the five major pro athletes in your city that you think are must sees and the five that need to go EmptyMon Apr 19, 2010 10:06 pm

Eff Ben wrote:
copycat. Razz

monta on both was too perfect. i was thinking i shouldn't put him on either, but putting him on both was way better.
Back to top Go down
Snow.
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Snow.

Male Posts : 685

PostSubject: Re: Name the five major pro athletes in your city that you think are must sees and the five that need to go   Name the five major pro athletes in your city that you think are must sees and the five that need to go EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 2:23 am

pretty much 60% of the knicks IF possible...
giants nd jets r okay
i try not to pay attention the baseball
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Name the five major pro athletes in your city that you think are must sees and the five that need to go   Name the five major pro athletes in your city that you think are must sees and the five that need to go EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 8:06 am

just 60 %?
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

Male Posts : 8873

PostSubject: Re: Name the five major pro athletes in your city that you think are must sees and the five that need to go   Name the five major pro athletes in your city that you think are must sees and the five that need to go EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 10:10 am

I went sport by sport so now I'll just do straight out Top 5 that need to stay and go

1.Devils Goalie Martin Broduer- imo best goaltender in NHL history and could save anything. Getting older but still great
2.Devils F Zac Parise-maybe the face of USA Hockey and one of the best players in the NHL
3.Jets RB Ladanian Tomlinson- Hall Of RB, and will have a great year behind the NFL's best O-Line
4.Jets CB Darrelle Revis- can shut down any WR in the NFL
5.Nets PG Devin Harris- only All Star on the team and can be exciting to watch

Must Go

1.Nets F Yi Jianlian- plays soft and is just terrible
2.Giants S Michael Johnson-terrible safety
3.Giants S Anthony Rouse-terrible safety
4.Giants CB Corey Webster- overrated, and can't cover WRs well at all
5.Giants RB Brandon Jacobs- he sucks now
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: Name the five major pro athletes in your city that you think are must sees and the five that need to go   Name the five major pro athletes in your city that you think are must sees and the five that need to go EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 1:51 pm

Stephswagger wrote:
nikki blue goes to my church..stop hating on her

Damn man, you have to make me feel bad about having her in my bottom five. So, for you I will replace the only other guy who has to go is Jason Campbell, because he got evicted in the McNabb trade. He needs to leave from the joke of a franchise the Redskins are, with Dan Snyder of course. Campbell I thought could be a really good qb with a good O LINE! But McNabb is better. I like JC's character.
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Name the five major pro athletes in your city that you think are must sees and the five that need to go   Name the five major pro athletes in your city that you think are must sees and the five that need to go EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 5:26 pm

LeBron James
Shin-Soo Choo
Josh Cribbs
Joe Thomas
tough to pick the last.... Tawn, Shaq, Asdrubal Cabrera, Sizemore, Lawrenc Vickers, Mo Williams... one of them

need to go:
Shaun Rogers
Rafeal Perez
Eric Barton
Kerry Wood
Anthony Reyes... even though when he gets off the DL he probably wont be o the major league roster.. but still

Edit:
I see ppl threw players in on both lists...
So I'll put Sizemore on both lists... a beast in teh outfield, great baserunner... also is still after his injury striking out way too much and sometimes all he cares about is the long ball
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: Name the five major pro athletes in your city that you think are must sees and the five that need to go   Name the five major pro athletes in your city that you think are must sees and the five that need to go EmptyTue Apr 20, 2010 5:45 pm

No Z CBI? He IS Cleveland, after LeBron and before he came!
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Name the five major pro athletes in your city that you think are must sees and the five that need to go   Name the five major pro athletes in your city that you think are must sees and the five that need to go EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 6:21 pm

I forgot-ted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Name the five major pro athletes in your city that you think are must sees and the five that need to go   Name the five major pro athletes in your city that you think are must sees and the five that need to go Empty

Back to top Go down

Name the five major pro athletes in your city that you think are must sees and the five that need to go
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next