Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

The Curse of Gilbert Arenas hits the Mystics!

Go down 
2 posters

Was Alana Beard's injury part of the Curse of Gilbert?
Hell Yeah!
The Curse of Gilbert Arenas hits the Mystics! Vote_lcap67%The Curse of Gilbert Arenas hits the Mystics! Vote_rcap
 67% [ 2 ]
No
The Curse of Gilbert Arenas hits the Mystics! Vote_lcap0%The Curse of Gilbert Arenas hits the Mystics! Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Hell No!
The Curse of Gilbert Arenas hits the Mystics! Vote_lcap33%The Curse of Gilbert Arenas hits the Mystics! Vote_rcap
 33% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 3

AuthorMessage
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

The Curse of Gilbert Arenas hits the Mystics! Empty
PostSubject: The Curse of Gilbert Arenas hits the Mystics!   The Curse of Gilbert Arenas hits the Mystics! EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 8:27 am

http://www.wnba.com/mystics/news/alana_beard_out_with_ankle_inj_2010_04_14.html

Well, looks like the link tells all.

I really thought we had a chance to win a ship this year, even a WNBA title will make me happy, but Alana was battling injuries at the end of last season and the playoffs, and Katie, Lindsey, Mo, and Marissa need to step up their games to fill in the void. Mystics still have a hell of a team without Alana, but I think I can kiss the championship goodbye. Beard prob got injured during international play which is what most WNBA players do during the NBA season.

I think the basketball gods hated the fact that Alana wrote a letter for Gilbert and they decided to punish her (and our city some more)...
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: The Curse of Gilbert Arenas hits the Mystics!   The Curse of Gilbert Arenas hits the Mystics! EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 12:05 pm

that stinks. Neutral

go mystics? i don't really have a favorite WNBA team, lol.
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

PostSubject: Re: The Curse of Gilbert Arenas hits the Mystics!   The Curse of Gilbert Arenas hits the Mystics! EmptyThu Apr 15, 2010 12:31 pm

Dub C wrote:
that stinks. The Curse of Gilbert Arenas hits the Mystics! Icon_neutral

go mystics? i don't really have a favorite WNBA team, lol.

Thanks.

To correct myself, Beard was not injured in international play because she stayed here stateside. She was at a number of Wizards games this year. Likely my guess is that this is because of the nagging ankle she had from last season.
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Curse of Gilbert Arenas hits the Mystics!   The Curse of Gilbert Arenas hits the Mystics! Empty

Back to top Go down

The Curse of Gilbert Arenas hits the Mystics!
Page 1 of 1