Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Is it worth watching sports if things don't go your way

Go down 
+7
Chris
BNB
Saeed
Fox News
Straight Edge Bluntness
cbi
King Of NJ
11 posters
AuthorMessage
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

Male Posts : 8873

Is it worth watching sports if things don't go your way Empty
PostSubject: Is it worth watching sports if things don't go your way   Is it worth watching sports if things don't go your way EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 2:50 pm

I always take it seriously and more seriously than I should at 1st glance and when I'm watching it on TV

when things don't go my way I usually shut the game off early if it's out of reach. I try to stay optimistic but hate to witness the wrong doing of my teams or teams I hate

I think watching tonights National Title game may end up being a huge mistake on my part as an example. If I like what I see I'll watch and if I don't like what I see I'll probably shut it off

It always ruins my day for at least 8 hours, and a full week if it's a championship than I usually get over it

I always come on RBT to vent about it though

but since I take it too serious and get pissed throwing things around the house and punching everything when it goes wrong does that mean it's not worth watching if things don't go your way?

I do know as a fan though it makes it better to enjoy the great times after you suffered through the tough times
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth watching sports if things don't go your way   Is it worth watching sports if things don't go your way EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 2:52 pm

I only get mad when I lose to teh computer in madden or 2k10. I just laugh when my teams suck dick irl..
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth watching sports if things don't go your way   Is it worth watching sports if things don't go your way EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 2:54 pm

I laugh when my teams suck too. I'm always realistic about what they can accomplish

I get pissed losing in video games too. I broke my headset when I lost in Halo like 3 years ago lol

if Duke wins tonight I'll probably be pissed and say I'm quitting here and stuff out of anger until I get over it next May

I may be dealing with another sucky offseason
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth watching sports if things don't go your way   Is it worth watching sports if things don't go your way EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 3:37 pm

If my team is getting blown out; I won't watch it cause its too depressing lol.
But I get over it easily; cause chances are, things will not ALWAYS go your way...the team that you are rooting for will not ALWAYS win and the teams you dislike will win sometimes too...but that is just a part of sports; disappoints are inevitable. As a sports fan, that is something that we should be aware of and accept.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth watching sports if things don't go your way   Is it worth watching sports if things don't go your way EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 3:42 pm

Your realistic about what they can accomplish? you said they would be the 3rd seed lmao. If my team loses it helps to trash the other team...
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth watching sports if things don't go your way   Is it worth watching sports if things don't go your way EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 4:14 pm

I said the Bulls could finish 4th or 5th possibly. They had a realistic shot at 5th than injuries piled up.

I agree though that trashing the other team helps
Back to top Go down
Saeed
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Saeed

Male Posts : 8780

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth watching sports if things don't go your way   Is it worth watching sports if things don't go your way EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 5:16 pm

i over-react.
i cried when wvu lost.
Is it worth watching sports if things don't go your way Icon_neutral
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth watching sports if things don't go your way   Is it worth watching sports if things don't go your way EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 5:25 pm

Awww, sorry to hear that.

Don't feel embarrassed about it.
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth watching sports if things don't go your way   Is it worth watching sports if things don't go your way EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 5:32 pm

Damn Saeed I feel bad man.

When Georgia Tech lost the 2004 Championship Game to UConn I nearly cried too, and this years Super Bowl I was close to crying also

I always overreact lol.

I felt bad for you when WVU lost
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth watching sports if things don't go your way   Is it worth watching sports if things don't go your way EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 6:40 pm

things pretty much never go my way when it comes to sports... and Im still watching

Texas lost to alabama..

Illinois lost to UNC...

the bears lost to the colts..

the raiders lost to the bucs...

yeah...
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

Male Posts : 5401

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth watching sports if things don't go your way   Is it worth watching sports if things don't go your way EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 6:54 pm

I never overreact that much except when i watch Celtic's 4th Qrts, if they are loosing from the start of the game it isn't a big deal but when they own the first 3 quarters and blow out the lead in the fourth i just cant stand watching them, they disgust me.

Another problem i dont like 2 loose in 2k10 and Fifa, i dont have a problem if i lose in COL,HAlo and others.

Your basically normal, you just overreact a bit too much.
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth watching sports if things don't go your way   Is it worth watching sports if things don't go your way EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 6:57 pm

Nenadidas wrote:
things pretty much never go my way when it comes to sports... and Im still watching

Texas lost to alabama..

Illinois lost to UNC...

yeah...

Texas beating USC was an exception lol
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth watching sports if things don't go your way   Is it worth watching sports if things don't go your way EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 7:00 pm

Scottie Pippen HOF wrote:
Nenadidas wrote:

Texas lost to alabama..

Illinois lost to UNC...

yeah...

Texas beating USC was an exception lol

thats the only one hahaha

and the Bulls beating the Jazz.. I remember that haha.
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth watching sports if things don't go your way   Is it worth watching sports if things don't go your way EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 7:07 pm

lol I remember every Bulls Finals from the 1996-1998

I can't complain about sports too bad since I have it better than most and won't be spoiled. I've seen rival teams win far too often for my taste though lol
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth watching sports if things don't go your way   Is it worth watching sports if things don't go your way EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 7:14 pm

yeah.. the teams I really hate seem to always have a lot of success...

like the packers, vikings, pistons [not this year Twisted Evil ], kinda the celtics...
Back to top Go down
Janet
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Janet

Female Posts : 9485

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth watching sports if things don't go your way   Is it worth watching sports if things don't go your way EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 7:33 pm

YES ! , Sports for me a huge part of my life .

Let me give you a little histiry of my sports watching the Yankees 2005 they lost to LAA IN 5 games .The next morning I got crap from people at school basically made it worse but i faced it and that is all you can do . 2006 the year In my heart i felt THIS IS THE YEAR for a World Series but they lost to the Tigers in 4, I cried that one hurt the most but after I went with my friends to hang out they helped me just relax =) . 2007 They lost to CLE in 4 Posada struck out the last out i glared at the tv for a minute and turned it off avoided people for that day . In 2008 they did not make the playoffs but I still watched after they got eliminated from play off contenion.

The Lakers twice lost in the first round to Suns they had a 3-1 LEAD VS THE SUNS , that one hurt . The next year they lost in 5 ..... 2008v-2009 was a cake walk then they played Boston and lost in 6 ..... The second the clock turned ZERO the tv went off and did not watch sports center for a while.

The 49ers up and down i expected a nfc west tittle this but fell short i have faith in them they will bring a smile to my face .... they lost very close games last year grrr like ex vs minnesota;/.

Club America inconsistent yesterday they lost to their rivals grrr.... defense help damn it !!!!
I remember watch them lose in the finals... they had close 1 gol away or tied it can't remember but they lose the faces of my family was bad no SC for a while again.

Like i said yesterday all 3 OF MY TEAMS LOST LAKERS, NYY, CA but I was pissed not saying i was not but i got over it because i was tired from work and sports give me a peace even if they lost .

Simple sports are my love but i have a line and know where not to cross .Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.formspring.me/JanetYFFL
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth watching sports if things don't go your way   Is it worth watching sports if things don't go your way EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 7:58 pm

I've watched the playoffs all the way through regardless if the Lakers lose in the 1st round or 2nd round... it's still basketball and I watch every minute (that I can) of it.

The only one that took a lot of strentgh was the San Antonio.Cleveland series... painful and boring.

But I watched every game of that sweep.
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth watching sports if things don't go your way   Is it worth watching sports if things don't go your way EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 8:50 pm

I think I have to stop letting what people say get into my head too

when people get on me about sports it lingers and bothers me for a while, and I always turn my phone off and try to avoid everybody in sight when results don't go my way.

Guess I need a thicker skull

I hate when people get on me about it though, it usually bothers me
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth watching sports if things don't go your way   Is it worth watching sports if things don't go your way EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 8:54 pm

Nick C wrote:
The only one that took a lot of strentgh was the San Antonio.Cleveland series... painful and boring.

But I watched every game of that sweep.

I feel your pain. I tried to watch, but I turned two of them off before they were over. Neutral
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth watching sports if things don't go your way   Is it worth watching sports if things don't go your way EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 9:04 pm

That was boring. I couldnt handle that 2007 NBA Finals.

2008 was the bomb though. That Celtics-Lakers series was one of the best I could remember. Same with 2006 Mavs-Heat. I even liked 2005 Pistons-Spurs

This years Super Bowl everybody found exciting except me. As soon as the pass was INT I turned the TV off and almost cried all night in my room. That was the most heartbroken I ever felt. I couldnt shake that loss for a week
Back to top Go down
OhYouMadCuzImStylinOnYa?!
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar

Female Posts : 11937

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth watching sports if things don't go your way   Is it worth watching sports if things don't go your way EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 9:11 pm

Scottie Pippen HOF wrote:
I think I have to stop letting what people say get into my head too

when people get on me about sports it lingers and bothers me for a while, and I always turn my phone off and try to avoid everybody in sight when results don't go my way.

Guess I need a thicker skull

I hate when people get on me about it though, it usually bothers me

So people tease you about it?

I wonder why tho. They just randomly pick on you?
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth watching sports if things don't go your way   Is it worth watching sports if things don't go your way EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 9:14 pm

considering Konj roots for out of town teams a lot, I figure his friends just mess around with him when they lose or do something stupid.

Like my friends know i like the eagles in the nfl they txted me nonstop when they signed vick.. good thing my phone was broke Very Happy
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth watching sports if things don't go your way   Is it worth watching sports if things don't go your way EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 9:19 pm

CBI wrote:
considering Konj roots for out of town teams a lot, I figure his friends just mess around with him when they lose or do something stupid.

Like my friends know i like the eagles in the nfl they txted me nonstop when they signed vick.. good thing my phone was broke Very Happy

CBI hit it on the spot

The fun thing about NJ though is the diversity of different favorite teams. It's a fun place to live for friendly smack talk.

Sometimes I'm just having my bad days where it bothers me. Alot of times though I talk smack in a friendly way so it's only fair if I take what I could dish out.

It's annoying the type of people that take it too seriously though. The type of people who will take crap in a serious way than get all mad and still try to act cocky if they win
Back to top Go down
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar

Female Posts : 11937

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth watching sports if things don't go your way   Is it worth watching sports if things don't go your way EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 9:24 pm

Ooooh, I guess that was obvious lol. That sucks =\

You shouldn't let it get to you tho, chances are your team(s) will have a good chance at winning again anyway.
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth watching sports if things don't go your way   Is it worth watching sports if things don't go your way EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 9:26 pm

True.

I try to stick to one of my sayings though. I always say "sports is for entertainment and it should always be fun to watch".

The area where I live I like the diversity of different sports teams. It makes it fun and competitive amongst friends
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is it worth watching sports if things don't go your way   Is it worth watching sports if things don't go your way Empty

Back to top Go down

Is it worth watching sports if things don't go your way
Page 1 of 1