Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Who here has watched or is planning on watching Inception?

Go down 
+9
Straight Edge Bluntness
YS
Koolish
Raza
Tar Heel
Fox News
Nick C
cbi
KD35
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

Male Posts : 6732

Who here has watched or is planning on watching Inception?  Empty
PostSubject: Who here has watched or is planning on watching Inception?    Who here has watched or is planning on watching Inception?  EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 3:07 pm

I watched it yersterday and it was amazing. It had a very creative,and complex plot.

Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Who here has watched or is planning on watching Inception?    Who here has watched or is planning on watching Inception?  EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 3:07 pm

planning to.
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: Who here has watched or is planning on watching Inception?    Who here has watched or is planning on watching Inception?  EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 3:12 pm

I wanna see it... but I wanna see Dogs &. Cats: The Revenge of Kitty Galore first. I heard it has a complex plot too.

Last edited by Nick C on Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Who here has watched or is planning on watching Inception?    Who here has watched or is planning on watching Inception?  EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 3:12 pm

Best movie of the year..by far!
Back to top Go down
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

Male Posts : 6732

PostSubject: Re: Who here has watched or is planning on watching Inception?    Who here has watched or is planning on watching Inception?  EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 3:19 pm

Creatine wrote:
Best movie of the year..by far!

werdd
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

Male Posts : 5845

PostSubject: Re: Who here has watched or is planning on watching Inception?    Who here has watched or is planning on watching Inception?  EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 4:36 pm

Awesome movie. Going to see it again soon.
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: Who here has watched or is planning on watching Inception?    Who here has watched or is planning on watching Inception?  EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 4:38 pm

.... ,,,,....
....('.')....
..... ll.....
.... /ll\....
.../ llll \...
..'. /.\ .'..
.. /....\..
~ .......~
..PHILLIP..

if this doesnt post i'll be pissed. its really random but i got bored and shit...

Last edited by cbi on Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:56 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: Who here has watched or is planning on watching Inception?    Who here has watched or is planning on watching Inception?  EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 4:38 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: Who here has watched or is planning on watching Inception?    Who here has watched or is planning on watching Inception?  EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 4:49 pm

YES I FIXED IT WITH DECIMAL POINTS! YES!

God dammit... i wish everybody wasnt busy right now so i could do something with my life...
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: Who here has watched or is planning on watching Inception?    Who here has watched or is planning on watching Inception?  EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 4:51 pm

CBI, come to CT to play basketball with me and my friends at 5:30 bounce

As for the topic, no I haven't seen it and haven't even heard of it until I saw the facebook statuses being "OMG INCEPTION IS LIKE DA BEST MOVEE EVAR LOLZ LOLZ"...

What it is about?
Back to top Go down
Koolish
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Koolish

Female Posts : 2765

PostSubject: Re: Who here has watched or is planning on watching Inception?    Who here has watched or is planning on watching Inception?  EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 4:52 pm

I'm NOT planning too.
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: Who here has watched or is planning on watching Inception?    Who here has watched or is planning on watching Inception?  EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 4:57 pm

raza its about how

Dominic Cobb (Leonardo DiCaprio) washes up on a beach and is brought by guards into the chamber of an elderly man. The scene then cuts to a dream in the mind of Saito (Ken Watanabe) where Cobb, Arthur (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) and dream world architect Nash (Lukas Haas) are on an extraction mission, in which an individual's mind is infiltrated through dreams and information is stolen. Extractors and their victims sleep in close proximity to one another, connected by a device that administers a sedative and share a dream world built on their mental projections. In the dream world, pain is psychologically experienced as real but death results in awakening. Cobb carries a spinning top called a "totem" which either spins unceasingly or topples, to determine whether he is dreaming or awake, respectively. Saito reveals that he is in fact auditioning the team to work for him and the mission is aborted. He takes Nash away and asks Cobb to perform the act of "inception"; using dreams to secretly implant an idea. Realizing the extraction mission failure and the consequence of being eliminated by their employer, a mysterious firm called Cobol Engineering, they accept Saito's arrangement.

The target is Robert Fischer (Cillian Murphy), son of Saito's terminally ill corporate rival Maurice Fischer (Pete Postlethwaite). The objective is to convince Fischer to break up his father's empire, preventing it from threatening Saito's. Cobb recruits Eames (Tom Hardy), a forger who can change his appearance inside dreams; Yusuf (Dileep Rao), a chemist who develops sedatives; and student Ariadne (Ellen Page) whom he and Arthur train as their new architect. Along the way, Cobb barely escapes Cobol agents out to kill him. Due to the plan involving powerful sedatives and creating multiple dreams within each other, death will not awaken a dreamer but instead send them into a limbo dream world where the mind will be stuck for an indeterminable amount of time. In Cobb's mind, Ariadne discovers that a vision of his deceased wife Mal (Marion Cotillard) continually haunts him, sabotaging his missions. Cobb reveals to Ariadne that he and Mal spent many years in a limbo forging their lives. After waking, Mal remained convinced that she was still in a dream and committed suicide, forcing Cobb to join her by incriminating him in her death. Cobb refused and was forced to flee the U.S. and leave his children to avoid murder charges. In return for completing the mission, Saito promises to clear the charges and reunite Cobb with his children.

When the elder Fischer dies in Sydney, Saito and Cobb's team share the flight with Robert Fischer back to Los Angeles and drug him. They enter his dream, a rainy downtown area, and kidnap him. However they come under attack by his trained projections and Saito is badly injured. Eames impersonates Peter Browning (Tom Berenger), Fischer's godfather, to extract information from him. They then enter a van and and sleep into the next dream level, a hotel where the team tricks Fischer into believing that the kidnapping on the first level was orchestrated by Browning. Cobb convinces Fischer to enter Browning's subconscious in order to find out his motives, but in fact the team enter deeper into Fischer's. The third level is a snowy mountain fortress, which Fischer must break into to reveal the planted idea. Fischer is killed by Mal, causing him to go into limbo. Ariadne and Cobb follow Fischer to this fourth level in an attempt to salvage the mission and confront Mal. Mal attempts to convince Cobb to stay in limbo by making him question his reality as he was chased by agents that could have been projections. Cobb reveals that he planted the idea in Mal's mind to wake, making him indirectly responsible for her suicide. She attacks him, but Ariadne shoots her. Fischer and Ariadne are able to return to the mountain fortress, where he reaches the intended understanding that his father had wanted him to be his own man.

A team member is left behind on each dream level: Yusuf driving the van, Arthur in the hotel, and Eames and Saito in the fortress, to protect those in the next level and fight off Fischer's forces from attacking the bodies. Ultimately they are running out of time, since at each level, timed "kicks" to help them return to reality are imminent: explosives in the mountain fortress, the hotel elevator carrying the bodies hitting its shaft, and the crashing of the van into a river. A wounded Saito dies at the snow fortress and Cobb remains in limbo to locate him. Returning to the first scene in which Cobb locates an aged Saito, he tells him to escape back to reality. Cobb suddenly awakens to find everyone on the plane, including Saito, up and well. Saito honors their arrangement and Cobb enters the United States, reunited with his children at home. Cobb spins his totem to test reality, but is distracted by the reunion. The top begins to wobble, but the scene cuts to black which leaves the question of whether Cobb is awake or still dreaming
Back to top Go down
Koolish
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Koolish

Female Posts : 2765

PostSubject: Re: Who here has watched or is planning on watching Inception?    Who here has watched or is planning on watching Inception?  EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 4:58 pm

cbi wrote:
raza its about how

Dominic Cobb (Leonardo DiCaprio) washes up on a beach and is brought by guards into the chamber of an elderly man. The scene then cuts to a dream in the mind of Saito (Ken Watanabe) where Cobb, Arthur (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) and dream world architect Nash (Lukas Haas) are on an extraction mission, in which an individual's mind is infiltrated through dreams and information is stolen. Extractors and their victims sleep in close proximity to one another, connected by a device that administers a sedative and share a dream world built on their mental projections. In the dream world, pain is psychologically experienced as real but death results in awakening. Cobb carries a spinning top called a "totem" which either spins unceasingly or topples, to determine whether he is dreaming or awake, respectively. Saito reveals that he is in fact auditioning the team to work for him and the mission is aborted. He takes Nash away and asks Cobb to perform the act of "inception"; using dreams to secretly implant an idea. Realizing the extraction mission failure and the consequence of being eliminated by their employer, a mysterious firm called Cobol Engineering, they accept Saito's arrangement.

The target is Robert Fischer (Cillian Murphy), son of Saito's terminally ill corporate rival Maurice Fischer (Pete Postlethwaite). The objective is to convince Fischer to break up his father's empire, preventing it from threatening Saito's. Cobb recruits Eames (Tom Hardy), a forger who can change his appearance inside dreams; Yusuf (Dileep Rao), a chemist who develops sedatives; and student Ariadne (Ellen Page) whom he and Arthur train as their new architect. Along the way, Cobb barely escapes Cobol agents out to kill him. Due to the plan involving powerful sedatives and creating multiple dreams within each other, death will not awaken a dreamer but instead send them into a limbo dream world where the mind will be stuck for an indeterminable amount of time. In Cobb's mind, Ariadne discovers that a vision of his deceased wife Mal (Marion Cotillard) continually haunts him, sabotaging his missions. Cobb reveals to Ariadne that he and Mal spent many years in a limbo forging their lives. After waking, Mal remained convinced that she was still in a dream and committed suicide, forcing Cobb to join her by incriminating him in her death. Cobb refused and was forced to flee the U.S. and leave his children to avoid murder charges. In return for completing the mission, Saito promises to clear the charges and reunite Cobb with his children.

When the elder Fischer dies in Sydney, Saito and Cobb's team share the flight with Robert Fischer back to Los Angeles and drug him. They enter his dream, a rainy downtown area, and kidnap him. However they come under attack by his trained projections and Saito is badly injured. Eames impersonates Peter Browning (Tom Berenger), Fischer's godfather, to extract information from him. They then enter a van and and sleep into the next dream level, a hotel where the team tricks Fischer into believing that the kidnapping on the first level was orchestrated by Browning. Cobb convinces Fischer to enter Browning's subconscious in order to find out his motives, but in fact the team enter deeper into Fischer's. The third level is a snowy mountain fortress, which Fischer must break into to reveal the planted idea. Fischer is killed by Mal, causing him to go into limbo. Ariadne and Cobb follow Fischer to this fourth level in an attempt to salvage the mission and confront Mal. Mal attempts to convince Cobb to stay in limbo by making him question his reality as he was chased by agents that could have been projections. Cobb reveals that he planted the idea in Mal's mind to wake, making him indirectly responsible for her suicide. She attacks him, but Ariadne shoots her. Fischer and Ariadne are able to return to the mountain fortress, where he reaches the intended understanding that his father had wanted him to be his own man.

A team member is left behind on each dream level: Yusuf driving the van, Arthur in the hotel, and Eames and Saito in the fortress, to protect those in the next level and fight off Fischer's forces from attacking the bodies. Ultimately they are running out of time, since at each level, timed "kicks" to help them return to reality are imminent: explosives in the mountain fortress, the hotel elevator carrying the bodies hitting its shaft, and the crashing of the van into a river. A wounded Saito dies at the snow fortress and Cobb remains in limbo to locate him. Returning to the first scene in which Cobb locates an aged Saito, he tells him to escape back to reality. Cobb suddenly awakens to find everyone on the plane, including Saito, up and well. Saito honors their arrangement and Cobb enters the United States, reunited with his children at home. Cobb spins his totem to test reality, but is distracted by the reunion. The top begins to wobble, but the scene cuts to black which leaves the question of whether Cobb is awake or still dreaming

Too complicated.

BTW Did you write all that or did you copy/paste?
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: Who here has watched or is planning on watching Inception?    Who here has watched or is planning on watching Inception?  EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 5:00 pm

I wrote it. Yes, i wrote 4 huge paragraphs in 6 minutes with no mistakes Who here has watched or is planning on watching Inception?  372102
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

PostSubject: Re: Who here has watched or is planning on watching Inception?    Who here has watched or is planning on watching Inception?  EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 10:28 pm

I did watch...and omfg it is my one of my fav. movies now...
i'll definitely be going to watch it again..
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: Who here has watched or is planning on watching Inception?    Who here has watched or is planning on watching Inception?  EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 10:45 pm

Blindside and this are my top 20 movies alltime..
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Who here has watched or is planning on watching Inception?    Who here has watched or is planning on watching Inception?  EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 10:59 pm

Maybe I will check it out this weekend since its a long weekend here.
People at my workplaces have been talking about this movie non-stop.
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

Male Posts : 5078

PostSubject: Re: Who here has watched or is planning on watching Inception?    Who here has watched or is planning on watching Inception?  EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 1:56 am

Creatine wrote:

lord knows what's in the top 5 of your "movies" list...
Back to top Go down
Janet
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Janet

Female Posts : 9485

PostSubject: Re: Who here has watched or is planning on watching Inception?    Who here has watched or is planning on watching Inception?  EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 2:27 am

DAMN I need to see it then lol =]
Back to top Go down
http://www.formspring.me/JanetYFFL
EM:)
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Male Posts : 6319

PostSubject: Re: Who here has watched or is planning on watching Inception?    Who here has watched or is planning on watching Inception?  EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 10:03 am

Amazing film; absolutely loved it. I def. am going to see it again pretty soon.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: Who here has watched or is planning on watching Inception?    Who here has watched or is planning on watching Inception?  EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 10:39 am

DEAD wrote:
Creatine wrote:

1.the godfather (pt 1 and pt 2)
2.scarface
3.goodfellas
4.grand torino
5.Anger management
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Male Posts : 6319

PostSubject: Re: Who here has watched or is planning on watching Inception?    Who here has watched or is planning on watching Inception?  EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 9:04 pm

Creatine wrote:
DEAD wrote:
Creatine wrote:

2.scarface
3.goodfellas
4.grand torino
5.Anger management

Incredible list VISA!!!!Those are some of my absolute favorite films. A Clockwork Orange is 1 of them as well. The Godfather/Scarface/Goodfellas are legendary movies. Anything with Pacino & DeNiro is legendary and great. Grand Torino is another good film. And Anger Management with Jack & Sandler is pretty great as well. I fully approve of and agree with your list.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: Who here has watched or is planning on watching Inception?    Who here has watched or is planning on watching Inception?  EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 9:06 pm

cheers

I love my mafia films lol
Back to top Go down
YK (Alive)
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
YK (Alive)

Male Posts : 5676

PostSubject: Re: Who here has watched or is planning on watching Inception?    Who here has watched or is planning on watching Inception?  EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 9:50 pm

toy story 3 all the way!
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/YK13
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

PostSubject: Re: Who here has watched or is planning on watching Inception?    Who here has watched or is planning on watching Inception?  EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 9:54 pm

Creatine wrote:
DEAD wrote:
Creatine wrote:

2.scarface
3.goodfellas
4.grand torino
5.Anger management

godfather is my fav. movie too!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who here has watched or is planning on watching Inception?    Who here has watched or is planning on watching Inception?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Who here has watched or is planning on watching Inception?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next