Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

What do you think of the Kobe Lebron rumors?

Go down 
+7
Steve
Straight Edge Bluntness
MC-dizzle
No Longer DEAD
Nick C
FC
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
FC
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
FC

Male Posts : 822

What do you think of the Kobe Lebron rumors? Empty
PostSubject: What do you think of the Kobe Lebron rumors?   What do you think of the Kobe Lebron rumors? EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 12:19 am

On sportsnation and on espn radio they said that lebron might come to the lakers and kobe may go to the knicks.

How likely is this? I doubt it, maybe 3-6% chance; but I won't say no to getting Lebron lol!
Back to top Go down
FC
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
FC

Male Posts : 822

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the Kobe Lebron rumors?   What do you think of the Kobe Lebron rumors? EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 12:28 am

Back to top Go down
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

Male Posts : 1275

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the Kobe Lebron rumors?   What do you think of the Kobe Lebron rumors? EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 12:32 am

If I were LeBron and if I left the Cavs, the best thing to do will be go to Miami (with Wade), Nets (with one or two stars and a very good draft next season), or Clippers (and choose a coach) LOL.
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the Kobe Lebron rumors?   What do you think of the Kobe Lebron rumors? EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 12:36 am

I said this to my friends and they freak out.

I think most Lakers fan don't want that. Which is stupid. I don't see how LeBron would be a downgrade LOL.

I would love to keep Kobe till the end of his career, but like I've said I'm a Laker fan and I stick with the Lakers no matter what... even if we downgrade to LeBron James LOL!
Back to top Go down
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

Male Posts : 1275

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the Kobe Lebron rumors?   What do you think of the Kobe Lebron rumors? EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 12:46 am

Rivalry in sports has a high value IMO, and I am not surprised if Laker fans don't want LeBron. That's not necessarily because LeBron would be a downgrade, but because it is LeBron.

Honestly, I wouldn't like Kobe outside LA. He should retire there.
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

Male Posts : 5078

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the Kobe Lebron rumors?   What do you think of the Kobe Lebron rumors? EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 12:47 am

Sigh...from the LeBron to Lakers article:

"This rumor seems highly unlikely to happen, especially with all the hype that's been surrounding LeBron going to the Knicks for the past two seasons. New York has expressed strong interest, and LeBron is a huge Yankees fans, so who knows what may happen there."

from Kobe to Knicks article:

"Yeah, it is their decision," Bosh said. "He says what he wants and I think it is on them to meet his demands. They are not bad business people; I doubt they'll let him go."

Nuff said. LeBron isn't going to LA, and Kobe isn't going to New York.
Back to top Go down
MC-dizzle
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
MC-dizzle

Male Posts : 3233

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the Kobe Lebron rumors?   What do you think of the Kobe Lebron rumors? EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 12:57 am

This can happen if Kobe chooses to opt out, in that case I do believe L.A is the most preferred destination for Lebron outside of Cleveland, but I don't see him leaving there especially now that they've got a good team and leaving would damage LBJ's image makes him seem disloyal and God forbid anything should happen to LeBron James' image Smile
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the Kobe Lebron rumors?   What do you think of the Kobe Lebron rumors? EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 1:01 am

Dave, would you like to see LBJ join the Lakers?
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the Kobe Lebron rumors?   What do you think of the Kobe Lebron rumors? EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 1:04 am

MC-dizzle wrote:
This can happen if Kobe chooses to opt out, in that case I do believe L.A is the most preferred destination for Lebron outside of Cleveland, but I don't see him leaving there especially now that they've got a good team and leaving would damage LBJ's image makes him seem disloyal and God forbid anything should happen to LeBron James' image Smile

I don't want it. I would be really sad to see Bryant leave. Shaq was easy somehow... I know what he meant to the team and the championships, but I wasn't mad when he was traded.

Plus I have this thing about the greats playing and staying with one team their whole career. That includes LeBron staying in Cleveland.

Last edited by Nick C on Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Steve
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Steve

Male Posts : 1710

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the Kobe Lebron rumors?   What do you think of the Kobe Lebron rumors? EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 1:05 am

I still can't see a reason to like Lebron.

He hasn't done anything to make me dislike him, hes just like one of those people who you just see and desperately want to punch in the face.
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the Kobe Lebron rumors?   What do you think of the Kobe Lebron rumors? EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 1:07 am

Steve wrote:
I still can't see a reason to like Lebron.

He hasn't done anything to make me dislike him, hes just like one of those people who you just see and desperately want to punch in the face.

With brass knuckles... j/k j/k...

... a bare fist is fine.
Back to top Go down
MC-dizzle
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
MC-dizzle

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the Kobe Lebron rumors?   What do you think of the Kobe Lebron rumors? EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 1:08 am

Make it Wurk wrote:

OH BOY WOULD I! Rolling Eyes

Nick I see your point but paying Kobe 91mil over 3 years is really pushing it, he obviously is a great player and the way he takes out of his body will likely give him more years than most players but you just don't pay that kind of money to a soon to be 31 years old player.
Back to top Go down
Janet
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Janet

Female Posts : 9485

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the Kobe Lebron rumors?   What do you think of the Kobe Lebron rumors? EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 1:09 am

lol Steve , wow at least i am not the only one who wants to punch lbj in the face .
Back to top Go down
http://www.formspring.me/JanetYFFL
MC-dizzle
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
MC-dizzle

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the Kobe Lebron rumors?   What do you think of the Kobe Lebron rumors? EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 1:13 am

Janet wrote:
lol Steve , wow at least i am not the only one who wants to punch lbj in the face .

word of advice for you violent people, if you are gonna punch LBJ in the face do it in a place with many witnesses (no pun intended) and where the "king" has no authority to confiscate any tapes, I'd still watch out Nike bribing people off in which case I'd bring a spy cam and hide in between knuckles Smile
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the Kobe Lebron rumors?   What do you think of the Kobe Lebron rumors? EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 1:14 am

MC-dizzle wrote:
Make it Wurk wrote:

OH BOY WOULD I! Rolling Eyes

Nick I see your point but paying Kobe 91mil over 3 years is really pushing it, he obviously is a great player and the way he takes out of his body will likely give him more years than most players but you just don't pay that kind of money to a soon to be 31 years old player.

Jordan got $30 and $33 mill over two years at the age of 33 and 34. How'd that work out?
Back to top Go down
MC-dizzle
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
MC-dizzle

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the Kobe Lebron rumors?   What do you think of the Kobe Lebron rumors? EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 1:19 am

that's one example, there are more players that got paid big then got hurt, i.e Allan Houston, and that was Michael Jordan, if Kobe can get 3 rings after this contract extension I'd say he's worth the 30 mil/year. right now that's just way too much, keep it between 20-25mil.
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the Kobe Lebron rumors?   What do you think of the Kobe Lebron rumors? EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 1:28 am

Allan Houston? Injuries? So you mean when basketball happens?

Dude, you never know what will happen to a player in the furture. Grant Hill and Penny Hardaway got hit young. Mourning got taken out by kidney failure. Len Bias died before every even stepping on court for the Celtics. Hell, Dampier played great his contract year got a huge check and played like shit the rest of the way. Kenyon Martin got his contract because of Jason Kidd and he's a turd too. It wasn't guarenteed that Jordan wouldn't get injured when he signed his contracts.

I don't see a problem giving a three year extention to Bryant, unless they can replace him with a player or players that can keep the Lakers at the upper esculent of NBA teams.

Last edited by Nick C on Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Steve
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Steve

Male Posts : 1710

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the Kobe Lebron rumors?   What do you think of the Kobe Lebron rumors? EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 1:28 am

Okay, so once we get Lebron, we need a list of who wants to punch him.

Janet will probably do a crotch shot tho, which just isnt fair. :upset:
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

Male Posts : 5078

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the Kobe Lebron rumors?   What do you think of the Kobe Lebron rumors? EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 1:30 am

Steve wrote:
Okay, so once we get Lebron, we need a list of who wants to punch him.

Janet will probably do a crotch shot tho, which just isnt fair. :upset:

LeBron has balls? Wow. You learn something new every day...
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the Kobe Lebron rumors?   What do you think of the Kobe Lebron rumors? EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 1:32 am

I don't wanna punch him Steve... you guys can do that. I wanna give him a pimp slap WOOOOOOOOOOH.... I'd die if I could just give him a pimp slap!!!
Back to top Go down
MC-dizzle
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
MC-dizzle

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the Kobe Lebron rumors?   What do you think of the Kobe Lebron rumors? EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 1:35 am

Like those examples you gave, shit happens and I wouldn't want to bank that much on a 31 years old who has already shown some wear and tear this season. I'm not saying I don't want Kobe to say cuz by all means I do, but just the dollar figure does not seem like the best interest of the team. Let's step outside basketball for a sec, you don't know what gonna happen with economy, buss has already hinted money could be an issue, that why he wanted Jackson to take a paycut and I suspect the money is also why Kobe's extension has dragged on for so long. If you strapped all your cash now and if something were to happen in the future like an injury or if the Lakers ticket sale takes a hit, the management might have to trade away good players just to shed salaries taxes which isn't in the best interest of the team.
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the Kobe Lebron rumors?   What do you think of the Kobe Lebron rumors? EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 1:45 am

MC-dizzle wrote:
Like those examples you gave, shit happens and I wouldn't want to bank that much on a 31 years old who has already shown some wear and tear this season. I'm not saying I don't want Kobe to say cuz by all means I do, but just the dollar figure does not seem like the best interest of the team. Let's step outside basketball for a sec, you don't know what gonna happen with economy, buss has already hinted money could be an issue, that why he wanted Jackson to take a paycut and I suspect the money is also why Kobe's extension has dragged on for so long. If you strapped all your cash now and if something were to happen in the future like an injury or if the Lakers ticket sale takes a hit, the management might have to trade away good players just to shed salaries taxes which isn't in the best interest of the team.

Right... thus me saying "unless they can replace him with a player or players that can keep the Lakers at the upper esculent of NBA teams."

Like I said I am a Laker fan first. I don't think it's a risk like you do. But I really really really don't believe Bryant would take a pay cut.

The reason the Lakers and Bryant haven't hammered out a contract is because of the completely possible players strike that is gaining more and more steam. It's very possible that there won't be a full season in the next 3 years.
Back to top Go down
MC-dizzle
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
MC-dizzle

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the Kobe Lebron rumors?   What do you think of the Kobe Lebron rumors? EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 1:50 am

well guess we gotta agree to disagree, so I'm gonna end this convo with STERN stinks! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the Kobe Lebron rumors?   What do you think of the Kobe Lebron rumors? EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 2:14 am

MC-dizzle wrote:
well guess we gotta agree to disagree, so I'm gonna end this convo with STERN stinks! Laughing

Nah nah nah not yet... you honestly think Kobe will take a pay cut?

I'm not disagreeing with you David. We are both actually looking at the same scenario with different possiblities.

Seriously.

I mean if Kobe did, you know I'd be happy that Kobe would take a 5 to 10 mill cut. I hope yer right. Really I do.

I just don't see it. Do you?

P.S. Stern doesn't stink he got us our 1st and 2nd championship. Or thats what everyone else says.
Back to top Go down
MC-dizzle
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
MC-dizzle

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the Kobe Lebron rumors?   What do you think of the Kobe Lebron rumors? EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 2:16 am

no if he would take a paycut the contract would have been signed already, but like I said I'd keep the salary within 20-25 mil/year, that's an more acceptable number in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you think of the Kobe Lebron rumors?   What do you think of the Kobe Lebron rumors? Empty

Back to top Go down

What do you think of the Kobe Lebron rumors?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next