Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Former Olympic Gold Medalist Marion Jones signs with the Tulsa Shock

Go down 
+2
Tar Heel
wallshingtonwizard
6 posters

How do you like Marion Jones now in the WNBA?
Hope she does well
Former Olympic Gold Medalist Marion Jones signs with the Tulsa Shock Vote_lcap50%Former Olympic Gold Medalist Marion Jones signs with the Tulsa Shock Vote_rcap
 50% [ 2 ]
She's still on PED's!
Former Olympic Gold Medalist Marion Jones signs with the Tulsa Shock Vote_lcap50%Former Olympic Gold Medalist Marion Jones signs with the Tulsa Shock Vote_rcap
 50% [ 2 ]
Tulsa will sell their arena out now, just because she's on the team.
Former Olympic Gold Medalist Marion Jones signs with the Tulsa Shock Vote_lcap0%Former Olympic Gold Medalist Marion Jones signs with the Tulsa Shock Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

Former Olympic Gold Medalist Marion Jones signs with the Tulsa Shock Empty
PostSubject: Former Olympic Gold Medalist Marion Jones signs with the Tulsa Shock   Former Olympic Gold Medalist Marion Jones signs with the Tulsa Shock EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 2:50 pm

http://www.wnba.com/shock/news/jones_100310.html

She was a world class sprinter, so I think she can outrun pretty much the entire league, even without steroids. But can she shoot? Can she pass effectively? Will she make the 11 woman roster? That remains to be seen.

You all must admit however, that Marion Jones deserves a 2nd chance, and the WNBA will provide it for her. If you guys didn't know, she was the starting point guard for the North Carolina Tar Heels in her day, and helped bring home their 1994 NCAA Championship.
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

Male Posts : 5845

PostSubject: Re: Former Olympic Gold Medalist Marion Jones signs with the Tulsa Shock   Former Olympic Gold Medalist Marion Jones signs with the Tulsa Shock EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 3:00 pm

Where's the "I would be more excited if I knew who that was" option?
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: Former Olympic Gold Medalist Marion Jones signs with the Tulsa Shock   Former Olympic Gold Medalist Marion Jones signs with the Tulsa Shock EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 3:07 pm

North Carolina Lakelbeast wrote:
Where's the "I would be more excited if I knew who that was" option?

I didn't put it on because I thought she is a relevant sports figure to most people. Women's track every four years in the Olympics gets more attention in two weeks than the WNBA does for four whole years total, and that's me being brutally honest and I like the league. I thought you would like her since she is a fellow Tar Heel man!
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

Male Posts : 5845

PostSubject: Re: Former Olympic Gold Medalist Marion Jones signs with the Tulsa Shock   Former Olympic Gold Medalist Marion Jones signs with the Tulsa Shock EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 3:23 pm

Oooooooooooh...man, I kind've remember Dad talking about her, but I actually haven't followed the Olympics much before '08...

But more importantly...did you just call me a Tar Heel? Former Olympic Gold Medalist Marion Jones signs with the Tulsa Shock 117549

Yes, I reside in NC. And maybe you see me as a Tar Heel because my name is North Carolina Lakelbeast. But online, I'm usually found as CAguystukinNC. California guy stuck in North Carolina. Loved living in CA, really regret that my family moved here, hate Chapel Hill passionately. If she went to UNC, that gives me reason to dislike her, so I'll vote in the poll appropriately.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: Former Olympic Gold Medalist Marion Jones signs with the Tulsa Shock   Former Olympic Gold Medalist Marion Jones signs with the Tulsa Shock EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 8:47 pm

she's gonna physically dominate the league's other point guards, but i don't know what his skill level is like 15 years later...hope she does well though. wonder if she can still hit a jumper.
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

PostSubject: Re: Former Olympic Gold Medalist Marion Jones signs with the Tulsa Shock   Former Olympic Gold Medalist Marion Jones signs with the Tulsa Shock EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 9:20 pm

oh yeah...I remember her..
She cried when she got sentenced...that was pretty funny...

Its always funny when a guilty person cries Very Happy

But best of luck to her...
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: Former Olympic Gold Medalist Marion Jones signs with the Tulsa Shock   Former Olympic Gold Medalist Marion Jones signs with the Tulsa Shock EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 9:23 pm

They drug test in the WNBA too.

She has to pass that test first.
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: Former Olympic Gold Medalist Marion Jones signs with the Tulsa Shock   Former Olympic Gold Medalist Marion Jones signs with the Tulsa Shock EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 3:12 pm

Nick C wrote:
They drug test in the WNBA too.

She has to pass that test first.

lol.

Jones will be a nice comeback story. I don't think she's gonna be WNBA all star material, after all, 15 years away from playing the sport at the highest level is a long time, but she could be a solid bench player who brings energy and speed and after all, she has a contract. She will cause fits for the Sue Birds and Becky Hammons on the league, and with Deanna Nolan who I think is still there in Tulsa, they will easily be the fastest backcourt in the league.
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Former Olympic Gold Medalist Marion Jones signs with the Tulsa Shock   Former Olympic Gold Medalist Marion Jones signs with the Tulsa Shock EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 12:27 pm

This is clearly an attempt to revive her career after she admitted to taking drugs (still kinda wished she did not confess to doing so but anyway...). I hope she does succeed but I am kinda doubtful. Good luck to her.
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

PostSubject: Re: Former Olympic Gold Medalist Marion Jones signs with the Tulsa Shock   Former Olympic Gold Medalist Marion Jones signs with the Tulsa Shock EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 6:31 pm

Why would you not want her to confess?
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: Former Olympic Gold Medalist Marion Jones signs with the Tulsa Shock   Former Olympic Gold Medalist Marion Jones signs with the Tulsa Shock EmptySun Mar 14, 2010 6:59 pm

same question as Jay, lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Former Olympic Gold Medalist Marion Jones signs with the Tulsa Shock   Former Olympic Gold Medalist Marion Jones signs with the Tulsa Shock Empty

Back to top Go down

Former Olympic Gold Medalist Marion Jones signs with the Tulsa Shock
Page 1 of 1