Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Will the revamped Dallas Mavericks gain the number 1 seed in the west by the end of the season?

Go down 
+8
J
wallshingtonwizard
cbi
Nick C
Straight Edge Bluntness
Fox News
3-peat
KD35
12 posters
AuthorMessage
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

Male Posts : 6732

Will the revamped Dallas Mavericks gain the number 1 seed in the west by the end of the season? Empty
PostSubject: Will the revamped Dallas Mavericks gain the number 1 seed in the west by the end of the season?   Will the revamped Dallas Mavericks gain the number 1 seed in the west by the end of the season? EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 12:53 pm

The Mavs are currently on an 11 game winning streak after trading for Brendan Haywood, Caron Butler, and DeShawn Stevenson.
They are only 4 games behind the Lakers. 4 game is not a lot, and the Mavs have a pretty easy schedule coming up. The Lakers have a handful of road games as well.

If the Lakers get the #2 seed, do you think their chances of going to the Finals go down signifcantly?

Because the Lakers would probably have to go through Denver AND Dallas to reach the Finals. If they were #1 seed they would have to go through Denver OR Dallas....
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

Male Posts : 14345

Will the revamped Dallas Mavericks gain the number 1 seed in the west by the end of the season? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Will the revamped Dallas Mavericks gain the number 1 seed in the west by the end of the season?   Will the revamped Dallas Mavericks gain the number 1 seed in the west by the end of the season? EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 1:25 pm

No, they wont get the number 1 seed.

No the Lakers chances of going to the Finals wont be hindered if they get the number 2 seed.

No the Lakers don't have to go through anybody to get to the Finals.

They are the defending champions, everybody else has to go through them to get to the Finals.

No, No, No. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.justin.tv/kobefanz/profile
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

Male Posts : 6732

PostSubject: Re: Will the revamped Dallas Mavericks gain the number 1 seed in the west by the end of the season?   Will the revamped Dallas Mavericks gain the number 1 seed in the west by the end of the season? EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 1:33 pm

The Mavs have a much easier schedule then the Lakers going down the stretch. I think the Mavs have a realistic chance at getting the number 1 seed.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Will the revamped Dallas Mavericks gain the number 1 seed in the west by the end of the season?   Will the revamped Dallas Mavericks gain the number 1 seed in the west by the end of the season? EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 1:43 pm

I'm reeeally buying this mags sqaud....I'll even go as far as saying mavs>lakers.....chea....I said it!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will the revamped Dallas Mavericks gain the number 1 seed in the west by the end of the season?   Will the revamped Dallas Mavericks gain the number 1 seed in the west by the end of the season? EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 2:01 pm

hell yea
i hope haywood isnt injured though
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Will the revamped Dallas Mavericks gain the number 1 seed in the west by the end of the season?   Will the revamped Dallas Mavericks gain the number 1 seed in the west by the end of the season? EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 3:53 pm

I am this close to buying what you're selling dwayne!
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: Will the revamped Dallas Mavericks gain the number 1 seed in the west by the end of the season?   Will the revamped Dallas Mavericks gain the number 1 seed in the west by the end of the season? EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 3:53 pm

I actually really don't care about the Lakers having the #1 seed or not. Regular season record doesn't really mean much during the playoffs for Los Angeles as they have lost with the best record and won without having the best record... I mean it helps obviously, but it doesn't guarantee anything really.

You might remember the Mavs having the best record when they lost to GS. Maybe you've forgotten. Or the Cavs having the best record last year and losing to Orlando.

I still don't think Dallas has the ability to win a championship. They may make to the Finals. But I just don't see them winning.

The playoffs are a different beast altogether.
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Will the revamped Dallas Mavericks gain the number 1 seed in the west by the end of the season?   Will the revamped Dallas Mavericks gain the number 1 seed in the west by the end of the season? EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 9:19 pm

Lucifer! wrote:
I'm reeeally buying this mags sqaud....I'll even go as far as saying mavs>lakers.....chea....I said it!
Almost this.
Cept i'll ALMOST go as far as saying mavs>lakers
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

PostSubject: Re: Will the revamped Dallas Mavericks gain the number 1 seed in the west by the end of the season?   Will the revamped Dallas Mavericks gain the number 1 seed in the west by the end of the season? EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 7:08 pm

With these three nobodies, the Mavs are going to win the Western Conference at a minimum!
Will the revamped Dallas Mavericks gain the number 1 seed in the west by the end of the season? 78dcbd10<br>
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
J
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
J

Male Posts : 2286

PostSubject: Re: Will the revamped Dallas Mavericks gain the number 1 seed in the west by the end of the season?   Will the revamped Dallas Mavericks gain the number 1 seed in the west by the end of the season? EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 7:06 pm

Its crazy how that trade went. through. It was almost as ludicrous as the Pau Gasol theft/trade of 2 seasons ago, because the trade rejuvenated the Mavs at essentially 4 positions and got rid of Josh Howard, who is now out until after the start of the 2011-12 season. The Mavericks are a little down right now after falling hard to the Knicks at home, but I definitely think the Mavericks can beat any NBA team in a 7 game series with the exception of the Cleveland Cavaliers.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: Will the revamped Dallas Mavericks gain the number 1 seed in the west by the end of the season?   Will the revamped Dallas Mavericks gain the number 1 seed in the west by the end of the season? EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 9:12 pm

No.

No.

No.

Lakers have 4.5 games on them. Even if they played average down the stretch, they'd be able to hold onto the lead over the Mavericks. Lakers, in my opinion, are finally locked into the top seed in the West. They were likely to take it all along, but now its pretty much set in stone.

Lakers' issues isn't talent or road play. It's consistency. I think, if anything, getting the 2 seed would probably improve their chances of winning the Finals, because they would be better prepared for the Cavaliers/Magic, being more focused because of the increased competition.
Back to top Go down
J
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
J

Male Posts : 2286

PostSubject: Re: Will the revamped Dallas Mavericks gain the number 1 seed in the west by the end of the season?   Will the revamped Dallas Mavericks gain the number 1 seed in the west by the end of the season? EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 9:23 pm

HAHAHA. Your three solid no's had my sides hurting. I guess not then. haha
I still believe though.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: Will the revamped Dallas Mavericks gain the number 1 seed in the west by the end of the season?   Will the revamped Dallas Mavericks gain the number 1 seed in the west by the end of the season? EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 9:25 pm

The Lakers are 4 and a half games above Dallas. Can they come back and get the first seed at this point in the season? Sure. But is it likely? Not really. Unless the Lakers go into a super-slump (and we still have to count the Nuggets, who are streaking themselves. 7-1 in their last 8 ), then I see Dallas at either 2 or 3.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: Will the revamped Dallas Mavericks gain the number 1 seed in the west by the end of the season?   Will the revamped Dallas Mavericks gain the number 1 seed in the west by the end of the season? EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 9:30 pm

Yeah, I just think that if the Lakers (all of them) come to play, there isn't a team in the NBA that is going to stop them. The Mavericks are a very good team, and so are the Nuggets, Cavaliers, and Magic. Any one of them COULD win the the Championship, and might have any other year.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will the revamped Dallas Mavericks gain the number 1 seed in the west by the end of the season?   Will the revamped Dallas Mavericks gain the number 1 seed in the west by the end of the season? EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 8:19 pm

Nope. The lakers will still get the #1 spot in the west. But they haaaaave been playing well. Hmm. Theyll get there next year.
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

PostSubject: Re: Will the revamped Dallas Mavericks gain the number 1 seed in the west by the end of the season?   Will the revamped Dallas Mavericks gain the number 1 seed in the west by the end of the season? EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 8:48 pm

Did the Mavs peak too early?
Now thats the Q.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

PostSubject: Re: Will the revamped Dallas Mavericks gain the number 1 seed in the west by the end of the season?   Will the revamped Dallas Mavericks gain the number 1 seed in the west by the end of the season? EmptySun Mar 21, 2010 10:03 pm

no.. the mavs won't get the #1 seed...

i mean come on... they out blown out by the knicks...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will the revamped Dallas Mavericks gain the number 1 seed in the west by the end of the season?   Will the revamped Dallas Mavericks gain the number 1 seed in the west by the end of the season? Empty

Back to top Go down

Will the revamped Dallas Mavericks gain the number 1 seed in the west by the end of the season?
Page 1 of 1