Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Should the Hornets trade CP3?

Go down 
+3
cbi
Darko
BNB
7 posters
AuthorMessage
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

Should the Hornets trade CP3? Empty
PostSubject: Should the Hornets trade CP3?   Should the Hornets trade CP3? EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 3:19 pm

They're playing the same kind of basketball without him in the line-up...and that's cuz Collison has been doing a great job filling in for CP.

The Hornets already have a good frontcourt with Okafor and West. If Collison keeps playing like this for the next month and somehow finds a way to lead the hornets into the playoffs, the hornets could easily trade Paul for another scorer or 2.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Should the Hornets trade CP3?   Should the Hornets trade CP3? EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 3:20 pm

I know,Portland trades Andre Miller for Chris Paul and we have a deal Wink
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Should the Hornets trade CP3?   Should the Hornets trade CP3? EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 3:26 pm

nah.. if they traded paul, it would most likely be to an EC team.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yjctffq

I was thinking something like that
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Should the Hornets trade CP3?   Should the Hornets trade CP3? EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 3:26 pm

No. He's the franchise.. they'd lose too much money if they traded CP3.
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

Male Posts : 14345

PostSubject: Re: Should the Hornets trade CP3?   Should the Hornets trade CP3? EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 3:31 pm

lol, wow. This is the exact same thing people were saying when Kobe was out and the Lakers were winning without their franchise player.

No, they shouldn't trade him.

He is the franchise.
He is their best player.
He is their most important player.
He is their most consistent player.
He's most likely the best point guard in the NBA.
He is their leader.

So, what your saying is the Hornets should ignore ^^^^ and make a Rookie their Franchise player?
Back to top Go down
http://www.justin.tv/kobefanz/profile
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Should the Hornets trade CP3?   Should the Hornets trade CP3? EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 3:34 pm

there were rumors last season on how the hornets were taking calls for CP3... but they didn't get any good offers so talks died quickly.

Also, Paul got pissed cuz the hornets weren't really doing much to keep up with other teams in the west... so they traded for Okafor... but they still aren't good enough to compete with the other elite teams in the west... If paul starts complaining again, I wouldn't be shocked if they tried trading him
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Should the Hornets trade CP3?   Should the Hornets trade CP3? EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 3:36 pm

I dont see Chris Paul getting traded until NO is surefire lottery team.. he either leaves through FA or the HOrnets suck and trade him, I dont see any other reason why a team shoudl trade teh best PG in the nba, and make a rookie w/ serious TO problems their starting PG
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Should the Hornets trade CP3?   Should the Hornets trade CP3? EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 3:37 pm

Kobe wrote:
lol, wow. This is the exact same thing people were saying when Kobe was out and the Lakers were winning without their franchise player.

He is the franchise.
He is their best player.
He is their leader.

So, what your saying is the Hornets should ignore ^^^^ and make a Rookie their Franchise player?

I didn't say they were winning without Paul. I said they are playing the same exact way without him there. When paul was healthy, they were winning some and losing some. Now that he's hurt, they're winning some and losing some.

Who said the Lakers should TRADE Kobe? I didn't hear any of that

and why did the Grizz trade Gasol? He was their leader, most consistent player, their most important player, the reason they were any good, etc.
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

Male Posts : 5078

PostSubject: Re: Should the Hornets trade CP3?   Should the Hornets trade CP3? EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 3:38 pm

Get it Hot wrote:
They're playing the same kind of basketball without him in the line-up...and that's cuz Collison has been doing a great job filling in for CP.

The Hornets already have a good frontcourt with Okafor and West. If Collison keeps playing like this for the next month and somehow finds a way to lead the hornets into the playoffs, the hornets could easily trade Paul for another scorer or 2.

Uhh, no they're not playing the same basketball. Maybe this season, as Paul has barely played but who can forget two years ago when the Hornets were the number 1 team in the Western Conference for most of the year? That was when CP3 first played with Chandler, made him a consistent double-double guy, transformed David West into an All-Star, and actually turned a shitty franchise into a respectable one. With Collison, they'd be lucky to get the 8th seed. CP3 is not only a leader of his team, but like his fellow New Orleans hero Drew Brees he's a leader of the city. Not anywhere else will you find such a gifted, genuine nice guy player who does an incredible amount of community work at the same time. If CP3 left New Orleans, it's like Don Nelson losing his appatite. THE WORLD WILL END!!
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

PostSubject: Re: Should the Hornets trade CP3?   Should the Hornets trade CP3? EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 3:38 pm

Yea what Jake said, and plus for Paul to get "Traded" the hornets would have to seriously go mad down hill and miss the playoffs by a wide margin. And that's not likely happening.
Back to top Go down
Chosen One
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Chosen One

Male Posts : 3316

PostSubject: Re: Should the Hornets trade CP3?   Should the Hornets trade CP3? EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 3:41 pm

I agree with Khai

They wont get anywhere great without paul cause he is their leader and the best PG in the game.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Should the Hornets trade CP3?   Should the Hornets trade CP3? EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 3:44 pm

The Gross Liar wrote:
Get it Hot wrote:

Uhh, no they're not playing the same basketball. Maybe this season, as Paul has barely played but who can forget two years ago when the Hornets were the number 1 team in the Western Conference for most of the year? That was when CP3 first played with Chandler, made him a consistent double-double guy, transformed David West into an All-Star, and actually turned a shitty franchise into a respectable one. With Collison, they'd be lucky to get the 8th seed. CP3 is not only a leader of his team, but like his fellow New Orleans hero Drew Brees he's a leader of the city. Not anywhere else will you find such a gifted, genuine nice guy player who does an incredible amount of community work at the same time. If CP3 left New Orleans, it's like Don Nelson losing his appatite. THE WORLD WILL END!!

The hornets have been inconsistent ALL YEAR. That includes the times CP was playing. They beat good teams with CP, lost to bad teams with CP. They beat good teams without CP and lost to bad teams without him.

And comparing CP to brees?! wtf?! hahaha... New Orleans LOVES Brees and the LOVE football.. you can't really compare that

If they trade Paul for another all-star and keep developing Collison... the hornets would easily be a 50+ win team
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

PostSubject: Re: Should the Hornets trade CP3?   Should the Hornets trade CP3? EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 3:46 pm

Get it Hot wrote:
Kobe wrote:

He is the franchise.
He is their best player.
He is their leader.

I didn't say they were winning without Paul. I said they are playing the same exact way without him there. When paul was healthy, they were winning some and losing some. Now that he's hurt, they're winning some and losing some.

Who said the Lakers should TRADE Kobe? I didn't hear any of that

Just because a team hasn't fallen off when their franchise player goes down doesn't mean the team should suddenly trade their Best player. If this was to happen Kobe would be gone, Melo would be gone, so would half the League's best players.

Some ppl were saying they should rid of Kobe because the Lakers were winning without him. I wont give out any names. Same situation here though, New Orleans wins some, lose some with no chris paul, now they should trade him?
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

Male Posts : 5078

PostSubject: Re: Should the Hornets trade CP3?   Should the Hornets trade CP3? EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 3:47 pm

Get it Hot wrote:
The Gross Liar wrote:
Get it Hot wrote:

The hornets have been inconsistent ALL YEAR. That includes the times CP was playing. They beat good teams with CP, lost to bad teams with CP. They beat good teams without CP and lost to bad teams without him.

And comparing CP to brees?! wtf?! hahaha... New Orleans LOVES Brees and the LOVE football.. you can't really compare that

If they trade Paul for another all-star and keep developing Collison... the hornets would easily be a 50+ win team

You know why? Because they lost Chandler, Devin Brown, Bobby Brown, and a lot of other guys who were essential to their team chemistry. Nowadays, it's just CP3 bringing the ball up, shooting or passing to David West to take it in and score. Before, New Orleans played as a contender, now they're just playing like a scrappy playoff team.

And no, I wasn't comparing them skillwise obviously, just in the amount of community work they do. Sure Brees get's more love...he won the Super Bowl for god sake! Wouldn't any one who wins a Super Bowl be the true hero of the town?

Who exactly would they trade Paul for? LeBron? Melo? Wade? Those guys are untouchable.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Should the Hornets trade CP3?   Should the Hornets trade CP3? EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 3:47 pm

CBI wrote:
I dont see Chris Paul getting traded until NO is surefire lottery team.. he either leaves through FA or the HOrnets suck and trade him, I dont see any other reason why a team shoudl trade teh best PG in the nba, and make a rookie w/ serious TO problems their starting PG

yeah he does get a lot of TO's... but he's still only a rookie. He's shown that he can score pass, rebound and steal the ball though. Not nearly as good as paul, but like I told khai, if they trade Paul for another All-star and develop Collison... the hornets would still be a good team.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Should the Hornets trade CP3?   Should the Hornets trade CP3? EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 3:58 pm

omg.. i don't think anyone on here gets what I'm saying.

I never said Collison is better than paul and I never said the Hornets would be better without Paul.
but the hornets arent even that great WITH paul. They have made moves to try and better themselves.... but have only gotten worse.

If they trade Paul for another all-star or another all-star and great role player, they could possibly go back to being a 50+ win team because at least they have someone who can step in for paul. when he's not there
Who can step in for West or Okafor? Songalia and gray?!
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

PostSubject: Re: Should the Hornets trade CP3?   Should the Hornets trade CP3? EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 4:09 pm

Theres only so much 1 player can do, Other then Paul and West, everybody else on the Hornets team is nothing special or average.

What your saying is Another All star can basically do better then what Paul has been doing, Other then Kobe, Lebron, Wade, who else can can make the Hornets better then, they are with Paul now?
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Should the Hornets trade CP3?   Should the Hornets trade CP3? EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 4:19 pm

The Hornets weakest position is SG... even with Paul injured. The SF position is also pretty weak because Stojakovic doesn't play D, and Julian Wright hasn't really lived up to his expectations.

I posted a link on the first page of this thread.

If the hornets got Iguodala and Young their line-up would look like this

PG- Collison
SG-Iguodala
SF-young
PF-west
C-okafor

^ that line-up is a lot better than the hornets line-up with paul.

Also, they could get a joe johnson type of player.
Back to top Go down
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

Male Posts : 6732

PostSubject: Re: Should the Hornets trade CP3?   Should the Hornets trade CP3? EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 4:20 pm

I see RO's point.

Hornets have been inconsistent all year long, with and without Paul. Darren Collison has shown that he can be a solid replacement for Paul for the time being. If they trade Paul, they'd have Collison to take his place, and Collison has showed that he is a very capable young point guard. They can potentialy grab an All-Star+some role players to add depth or an All-Star and a really good role player. Add that to the development of Collison and Thornton(I think he's OK as well) and the Horents might get back on track.

PG: Collison
C: Okafor
PF: West

That's 3 spots that you have solid starters for. Then players out of the trade can fill in the blanks. Plus, you have Thornton who is a solid rookie and Peja who kind of sucks, but can still contibute to a team. Hornets could add lots of depth from the CP3 trade. Add in draft picks and stuff, and the Hornets might get a pretty solid team out of that.
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

PostSubject: Re: Should the Hornets trade CP3?   Should the Hornets trade CP3? EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 4:25 pm

Collison> Paul.....No.

Hornets can sign Iguadala and a solid role player through FA.They dont need to gamble and try to trade their best player and the best point guard.

PG: Chris Paul
SG: Iguadla
SF: Peja
PF: West
C: Okafor

Of the bench Marcus thornton, Julian, Collison, Posey, Armstrong, and another solid role player big man perhaps.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Should the Hornets trade CP3?   Should the Hornets trade CP3? EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 4:27 pm

Sign Iguadala through Free agency?

he isn't gonna be a free agent for another 5 years.

and with what money are they going to sign someone else?

and again.. where are you getting collison> paul?

nobody even said that

I said the lineup would be better.

Collison < Paul
Iguodala > every hornets SG
Young > stojakovic
West = west
Okafor =okafor

they would obviously have a similar bench.. but with the new line-up, they would have stojakovic off the bench... he's a starter now

Last edited by Get it Hot on Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should the Hornets trade CP3?   Should the Hornets trade CP3? Empty

Back to top Go down

Should the Hornets trade CP3?
Page 1 of 1