Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Hawks clearly the 2nd best team in the East..

Go down 
+9
Chris
lozan :)
Raza
wallshingtonwizard
No Longer DEAD
EM:)
Nick C
YS
Awesome
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Awesome
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Awesome

Male Posts : 1852

Hawks clearly the 2nd best team in the East.. Empty
PostSubject: Hawks clearly the 2nd best team in the East..   Hawks clearly the 2nd best team in the East.. EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 8:29 pm

..We beat the Celtics on the road by double digits..

The Cavs aren't that good...

The only team that is clearly better than us is Orlando, but they aren't better than Boston. ..If Boston knocks Orlando out in the playoffs, The ATL Hawks are in the Finals...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/straightofdahood
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

PostSubject: Re: Hawks clearly the 2nd best team in the East..   Hawks clearly the 2nd best team in the East.. EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 8:32 pm

The Hawks are pretty good...
But I feel that they're kinda small in the paint..

I mean...Horford as the C....really?
Back to top Go down
Awesome
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Hawks clearly the 2nd best team in the East..   Hawks clearly the 2nd best team in the East.. EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 8:34 pm

6'6 Charles Barkey played Pf..your point? Al is a BEAST in the paint..plus ZAZA would be starting on most teams..some teams anyway
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: Hawks clearly the 2nd best team in the East..   Hawks clearly the 2nd best team in the East.. EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 8:35 pm

Ok.
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

PostSubject: Re: Hawks clearly the 2nd best team in the East..   Hawks clearly the 2nd best team in the East.. EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 8:35 pm

He played PF....big difference between PF and C....

Zaza sucks balls....WTF are you talking about?
Back to top Go down
Awesome
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Hawks clearly the 2nd best team in the East..   Hawks clearly the 2nd best team in the East.. EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 8:38 pm

thats why I said on SOME teams..and he doesn't suck balls..Rob Morris sucks balls..
Back to top Go down
Awesome
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Hawks clearly the 2nd best team in the East..   Hawks clearly the 2nd best team in the East.. EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 8:38 pm

David Lee is short than Al and he plays Center btw..
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

PostSubject: Re: Hawks clearly the 2nd best team in the East..   Hawks clearly the 2nd best team in the East.. EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 8:39 pm

And thats why the Knicks will never go to the Finals...MVP...

Lee playing C is a terrible idea if you want to make a serious run in the playoffs...
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: Hawks clearly the 2nd best team in the East..   Hawks clearly the 2nd best team in the East.. EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 8:39 pm

You won't get to the Finals with Bibby. Joe Johnson likes to shoot 38% in the playoffs. Horford is probably my favorite Hawk, next to Josh Smith... But neither are scaring Orlando or Boston. Actually... The Cavs will be better in the playoffs too... Hmmm... I guess that makes you fourth again.

Last edited by Nick C on Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Male Posts : 6319

PostSubject: Re: Hawks clearly the 2nd best team in the East..   Hawks clearly the 2nd best team in the East.. EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 8:41 pm

Zaza is actually pretty good I remember when he was a double-double on a nightly basis ready to happen it was sometime within his last years in Milwaukee or his first couple of years in Atlanta. There's been a steady drop-off in his numbers, but he still has the ability to play good whenever the team is in need. It's not like he gets the minutes he once did and he's only 25 years old he can get back to that same level of productivity he had a couple of years ago barring some sort of injury or more playing time.

I think the Hawks are pretty damn good and an ultimate sleeper. They are the best dark-horse team that has a chance at the Finals IMO. However, if by some miracle the Knicks get into the playoffs and as a 6th or 7th seed, whichever gets to play ATL in the 1st Round. I like NY's chances in that series. NY has shown that they matchup well against ATL and we play them very well. I do agree that ATL can take Boston and Cleveland and would have the most difficulty against Orlando, but if Boston beats Orlando - which they can. Atlanta could possibly be in the Finals given that they play a team they match-up well against in the 1st Round.
Back to top Go down
Awesome
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Hawks clearly the 2nd best team in the East..   Hawks clearly the 2nd best team in the East.. EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 8:45 pm

TonyEM wrote:

I think the Hawks are pretty damn good and an ultimate sleeper. They are the best dark-horse team that has a chance at the Finals IMO. However, if by some miracle the Knicks get into the playoffs and as a 6th or 7th seed, whichever gets to play ATL in the 1st Round. I like NY's chances in that series. NY has shown that they matchup well against ATL and we play them very well. I do agree that ATL can take Boston and Cleveland and would have the most difficulty against Orlando, but if Boston beats Orlando - which they can. Atlanta could possibly be in the Finals given that they play a team they match-up well against in the 1st Round.

That entire paragraph was biased..there is no way in hell the Knicks would beat the Hawks in the playoffs..
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Hawks clearly the 2nd best team in the East..   Hawks clearly the 2nd best team in the East.. EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 8:49 pm

We did win the season series 3-1 last year. We did beat Atlanta in the last meeting this year and played tough against them in the first meeting this year where ATL barely edged NY out. Like I said, NY matches up well against ATL. Who's to say that they can't beat them in a series? I mean sure ATL is a better team, but that doesn;t always reproduce a playoff series guarantee. It's not biased at all...
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Hawks clearly the 2nd best team in the East..   Hawks clearly the 2nd best team in the East.. EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 9:00 pm

Knicks need a legit C I agree. Lee at his natural position would more than beast. Especially, now that he has added the mid-range game to his full arsenal.
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

Male Posts : 5078

PostSubject: Re: Hawks clearly the 2nd best team in the East..   Hawks clearly the 2nd best team in the East.. EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 9:03 pm

Knicks will NOT beat the Hawks in the playoffs if they ever get there. It's a different team than last year, and they actually have experience in the playoffs.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Hawks clearly the 2nd best team in the East..   Hawks clearly the 2nd best team in the East.. EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 9:10 pm

I dunno when NY played them this season it still showed we match up well against them. As good as the Hawks are which are better than last season with J.C. for sure NY in both games showed that they can remain with the Hawks. The series stands at 1 a piece as of right now. If the Knicks ever get themselves into the playoffs it will not be a sweep if they play Atlanta in the 1st round and may actually beat them who knows? And yes Atlanta is much better than they were a year ago, but they are only 1 year more mature as a playoff team it's not like J.C. being added to the team makes them a vastly more matured playoff team. Being that J.C. has yet to reach the playoffs in his entire career. That will change this year of course, but it's unfair to say that the Hawks are playoff vets right now, far from it.

NY is also inexperienced in the playoffs. Outside Chris Duhon (who was a reserve when the Bulls reached 3 straight playoff appearances and a semi finals births), Larry Hughes (who reached the NBA Finals), and Al Harrington (reached NBA Finals early on in his career and had seasons of playoff runs in Indy/GS) our team is not experienced at all in the playoffs.

BTW Lee being moved over to his natural position or not the NY Knicks are long behind being considered a NBA Finals contender anyways. And that includes whomever we get in free agency for we may become a playoff team and a competitive one at that, but it'll take some time for those players to mesh with whomever stays. Therefore, it will be a while before NY could even be mentioned as a NBA Finals caliber team. No one should ever say that it's because Lee is played @ C that the Knicks aren't in the NBA Finals picture. We are a couple of players and a couple of years away from that.

Last edited by TonyEM on Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

PostSubject: Re: Hawks clearly the 2nd best team in the East..   Hawks clearly the 2nd best team in the East.. EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 9:15 pm

As a Wizards fan, I must bow down to every team in the league, so yes, the Hawks are a great team.

Joking aside, where is the empty Philips Arena pic from? which game does that?
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: Hawks clearly the 2nd best team in the East..   Hawks clearly the 2nd best team in the East.. EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 9:55 pm

Orlando > Atlanta
Boston > Atlanta

Just because you beat Boston ONCE doesn't mean you're better than them
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Female Posts : 5260

PostSubject: Re: Hawks clearly the 2nd best team in the East..   Hawks clearly the 2nd best team in the East.. EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 9:56 pm

thewiz06 wrote:
As a Wizards fan, I must bow down to every team in the league, so yes, the Hawks are a great team.

Its sad that they are doing so well and ppl dont come and see them =[
I wish I could go, i would be at every Hawks game if I could
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

Male Posts : 5401

PostSubject: Re: Hawks clearly the 2nd best team in the East..   Hawks clearly the 2nd best team in the East.. EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 10:15 pm

Keep dreaming, lol.
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

PostSubject: Re: Hawks clearly the 2nd best team in the East..   Hawks clearly the 2nd best team in the East.. EmptyThu Dec 17, 2009 11:08 pm

Jay Is Not the Best =]] wrote:
thewiz06 wrote:

Its sad that they are doing so well and ppl dont come and see them =[
I wish I could go, i would be at every Hawks game if I could

You can always beg your parents for season tickets, lol. But unless your team is Lakers, Celtics, Cavs, or Nuggets (and maybe Magic because Disney and Universal are there), the economy has taken a dump on everyone. Unemployment rates are high and people can't afford to buy tickets, much less the mortgage.

If the Wizards tank the season before April, and you come up to Washington for whatever reason, well, you can take my Wizards/Hawks pair of tix for the April 10 (I believe it's then) game in Chinatown for free. We'll fill up at least half the place because we're a tourist town and a conglomerate of every region in the country. But half the place many times is full of the road team's fans. Orlando has this problem too.
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

PostSubject: Re: Hawks clearly the 2nd best team in the East..   Hawks clearly the 2nd best team in the East.. EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 4:01 am

Lozan is a perv wrote:
The Hawks are pretty good...
But I feel that they're kinda small in the paint..

I mean...Horford as the C....really?

^ same reason why I don't think they are an elite team.

They will never win a ring with this line-up.. front court is way to small compared to the Magic, Celtics, Cavs, Lakers etc.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Hawks clearly the 2nd best team in the East..   Hawks clearly the 2nd best team in the East.. EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 5:45 am

No,Cavs,Magic,Boston are all better
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Hawks clearly the 2nd best team in the East..   Hawks clearly the 2nd best team in the East.. EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 12:59 pm

Boston and orlando are clearly the top 2,hawks 3rd cavs 4th
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Hawks clearly the 2nd best team in the East..   Hawks clearly the 2nd best team in the East.. EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 2:41 pm

Cavs>Hawks
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Hawks clearly the 2nd best team in the East..   Hawks clearly the 2nd best team in the East.. EmptyFri Dec 18, 2009 4:40 pm

No, hawks > cavs as of now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hawks clearly the 2nd best team in the East..   Hawks clearly the 2nd best team in the East.. Empty

Back to top Go down

Hawks clearly the 2nd best team in the East..
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next