Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Is the Southwest the hardest division in the NBA?

Go down 
+5
J
#1 Rockets Fan
Straight Edge Bluntness
cbi
Raza
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

What's the best team in the Southwest Division?
San Antonio Spurs
Is the Southwest the hardest division in the NBA? Vote_lcap45%Is the Southwest the hardest division in the NBA? Vote_rcap
 45% [ 9 ]
Dallas Mavericks
Is the Southwest the hardest division in the NBA? Vote_lcap20%Is the Southwest the hardest division in the NBA? Vote_rcap
 20% [ 4 ]
Houston Rockets
Is the Southwest the hardest division in the NBA? Vote_lcap15%Is the Southwest the hardest division in the NBA? Vote_rcap
 15% [ 3 ]
New Orleans Hornets
Is the Southwest the hardest division in the NBA? Vote_lcap20%Is the Southwest the hardest division in the NBA? Vote_rcap
 20% [ 4 ]
Memphis Grizzlies?
Is the Southwest the hardest division in the NBA? Vote_lcap0%Is the Southwest the hardest division in the NBA? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 20

AuthorMessage

Is the Southwest the hardest division in the NBA? Empty
PostSubject: Is the Southwest the hardest division in the NBA?   Is the Southwest the hardest division in the NBA? EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 8:15 pm

Do you think this is the best/hardest division in the NBA.

You have the San Antonio Spurs, who have owned the decade in basketball. The Houston Rockets who are always a great team. The Dallas Mavericks who always play hard and do well. The New Orleans Hornets who have played well the past few season. And the upcoming team who is about to own, the Memphis Grizzlies.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: Is the Southwest the hardest division in the NBA?   Is the Southwest the hardest division in the NBA? EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 8:28 pm

Yeah.
The Spurs are gonna be a high seed
The Mavs are gonna be a high seed
The Rockets are gonna be a low seed
The Hornets might be a low seed
The Grizzlies are unknown.

The Spurs are the best team due to the additions they made. Mavs at a close second
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Is the Southwest the hardest division in the NBA?   Is the Southwest the hardest division in the NBA? EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 8:32 pm

Yes.
Spurs-playoff lock
Mavs-playoff lock
Rockets- maybe playoffs
Horents- probably playoffs
Grizzlies- competing for a playoff spot
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Is the Southwest the hardest division in the NBA?   Is the Southwest the hardest division in the NBA? EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 8:38 pm

The Grizzlies have potential, so they can keep up the Southwest if the Spurs get too old for themselves
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Is the Southwest the hardest division in the NBA?   Is the Southwest the hardest division in the NBA? EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 9:21 pm

I think the Spurs are the best in this division - past (from 1999, haha) and present.
I am not saying this out of pure fan bias but I sincerely think this is the case. The Spurs is the only team in the Southwest division that can be considered a true dynasty with their championship victories. Right now, I also see them as the team to beat in this division with the players that they have obtained so far in the off-season.

Dallas, Houston and New Orleans did well last season so it was dificult for the Grizzles to even compete in that division. I predict they will face the exact same difficulties again this year. I am not sure if Houston will do well but I still think this division is quite competitive.

Last edited by Spurs Raptors Fan on Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is the Southwest the hardest division in the NBA?   Is the Southwest the hardest division in the NBA? EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 9:25 pm

Cavs Browns Indians BEAST wrote:
Yes.
Spurs-playoff lock
Mavs-playoff lock
Rockets- maybe playoffs
Horents- probably playoffs
Grizzlies- competing for a playoff spot

I agree, although I think Hornets will have a better chance then the Rockets next year. I hope the Grizzlies contend for a spot.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Is the Southwest the hardest division in the NBA?   Is the Southwest the hardest division in the NBA? EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 9:26 pm

I think Tyson Chandler is better than Emeka Okafor, but is a lot more injury prone. If he can stay healthy all year, the Bobcats will be the winners of this trade.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is the Southwest the hardest division in the NBA?   Is the Southwest the hardest division in the NBA? EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 9:30 pm

Raza, wrong post?
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Is the Southwest the hardest division in the NBA?   Is the Southwest the hardest division in the NBA? EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 9:34 pm

No, you said the Hornets have a better chance of making the playoffs than the Rockets. I disagree because of what I said haha. I should have made it clearer, my bad.
Back to top Go down
#1 Rockets Fan
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
#1 Rockets Fan

Female Posts : 1181

PostSubject: Re: Is the Southwest the hardest division in the NBA?   Is the Southwest the hardest division in the NBA? EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 9:37 pm

I think so. Most of the teams down here make the playoffs. then theres the I-10 rivalry (Spurs vs. Rockets). Although it looks like hte Rockets won't be making the playoffs this year I think theh Southwest division is one of the most talented if not the most talented.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is the Southwest the hardest division in the NBA?   Is the Southwest the hardest division in the NBA? EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 9:41 pm

#1 Rockets Fan, You've made me like the Rockets but they've lost so much this offseason. Even though we are rivals, I still want them to be a playoff team.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Is the Southwest the hardest division in the NBA?   Is the Southwest the hardest division in the NBA? EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 9:44 pm

I think a lot of people are forgetting about Tracy McGrady. He's still good, just injury prone
Back to top Go down
#1 Rockets Fan
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
#1 Rockets Fan

PostSubject: Re: Is the Southwest the hardest division in the NBA?   Is the Southwest the hardest division in the NBA? EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 9:45 pm

Welcome Mohammad. See you got my invite.

I agree that we have lost so much this year. I understand wy people are underrating us. I rather be underrated anyday than overrated and disappoint people. The Rockets have been in this situations before adn they pulled through.

P.S. I'm in San Antonio until Friday, and in Wal-Mart my brother screamed 'H-Towns Finest!!' and then farted on a Spurs shirt. We almost got kicked out of Wal-Mart.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is the Southwest the hardest division in the NBA?   Is the Southwest the hardest division in the NBA? EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 10:01 pm

I must admit man, that's great. Getting kicked out of places like Wal Mart is always fun because you gotta cause a lot of mischief. I'd love it if the Wal Marts in Iowa had San Antonio Stuff.

I think the Rockets will pull through, and stay strong at least. Even maybe get 41-41 record. Probably clinch 7th-8th spot in the West.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Is the Southwest the hardest division in the NBA?   Is the Southwest the hardest division in the NBA? EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 10:08 pm

41-41 will not get you the 8th spot in the West.

48-34 will.
Back to top Go down
J
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
J

Male Posts : 2286

PostSubject: Re: Is the Southwest the hardest division in the NBA?   Is the Southwest the hardest division in the NBA? EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 10:09 pm

Raza wrote:
41-41 will not get you the 8th spot in the West.

48-34 will.

WORD TO BIG BIRD!!
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Is the Southwest the hardest division in the NBA?   Is the Southwest the hardest division in the NBA? EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 10:12 pm

Why do you always say that?
Back to top Go down
J
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
J

Male Posts : 2286

PostSubject: Re: Is the Southwest the hardest division in the NBA?   Is the Southwest the hardest division in the NBA? EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 10:14 pm

haha. idk.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is the Southwest the hardest division in the NBA?   Is the Southwest the hardest division in the NBA? EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 10:20 pm

True, that is the exact record that the Utah Jazz had this year finishing in 8th. Houston and New Orleans are weaker then last year so, it could easily happen that 41-41 could be the 8th clinched record.

Although 3 teams I'd like to see take that 8th spot are:
Houston Rockets
Oklahoma City Thunder
Memphis Grizzlies

Next year will look a little like this:
1. Los Angeles Lakers/ San Antonio Spurs
2. Los Angeles Lakers/ San Antonio Spurs
3. Denver Nuggets
4. Portland Trailblazers
5. Dallas Mavericks
6. Utah Jazz
7. New Orleans Hornets
8. Golden State Warriors/ Or 3 teams listed above.

1 & 2 are debatable.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Is the Southwest the hardest division in the NBA?   Is the Southwest the hardest division in the NBA? EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 11:53 pm

I think the Mavericks will definitely finish above the Blazers. The Jazz haven't done anything to improve while the Hornets got Emeka Okafor, who is great defensively down low. What about the Suns? Clippers?
Back to top Go down
Neil
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Neil

Male Posts : 996

PostSubject: Re: Is the Southwest the hardest division in the NBA?   Is the Southwest the hardest division in the NBA? EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 11:57 pm

uhh Southwest has to be the hardest division in the NBA right now. too hard to tell later down the road
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Is the Southwest the hardest division in the NBA?   Is the Southwest the hardest division in the NBA? EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 12:11 am

And what does that mean?
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

Male Posts : 14345

PostSubject: Re: Is the Southwest the hardest division in the NBA?   Is the Southwest the hardest division in the NBA? EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 12:12 am

Yes it its by far the hardest divison to play in
Is the Southwest the hardest division in the NBA? Spider11
Back to top Go down
http://www.justin.tv/kobefanz/profile
#1 Rockets Fan
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
#1 Rockets Fan

PostSubject: Re: Is the Southwest the hardest division in the NBA?   Is the Southwest the hardest division in the NBA? EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 10:04 am

It is the hardest diisiton by far. To much talent. The weakess divisions to me are the Pacific ad the Atlantic. Almost everybody in the outhwest division hate each other because their is always so mucn competiion to get into the 1st spot. You saw last year that the Spurs won the division, but if the Rockets would nhaved won that game in Dallas we would have won a division title. Although the Spurs lost in the first round. (No offense Mohammad)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is the Southwest the hardest division in the NBA?   Is the Southwest the hardest division in the NBA? EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 6:31 pm

Last year the Rockets were truly the better team, They almost finished off the Lakers with two star players out. I really wish that they would've beat them. The Rockets would've taken it if they didn't lose to the Mavericks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is the Southwest the hardest division in the NBA?   Is the Southwest the hardest division in the NBA? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is the Southwest the hardest division in the NBA?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next