Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Boston Celtics- Season Preview!!

Go down 
+8
cbi
Darko
brownie13
3-peat
BNB
Straight Edge Bluntness
Saeed
KD35
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

Male Posts : 6732

Boston Celtics- Season Preview!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Boston Celtics- Season Preview!!   Boston Celtics- Season Preview!! - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 10:23 pm

First topic message reminder :

Key Adds: Rasheed Wallace,Marquis Daniels,healthy KG
Key Losses: AGE

This team is championship material. The Boston Three Party has to stay healthy. Rondo,andGlen Davis were great during the playoffs, and stepped up big time. Allen can still hit the 3 like always. The Celtics franchise rests on KG's knees! Rondo will have to give it his all. This team is very dangerous when healthy.

Projected line-up

PG: Rajon Rondo
SG: Ray Allen
SF: Paul Pierce
PF: Kevin Garnett
C: Kendrick Perkins

Davis,Daniels,Wallace will all come off the bench. If KG gets injured Wallace can try to cover for him. Health is their biggest factor. Have the best line-up in the NBA. Perkins is a very solid center and can hang in there with Dwight,etc.

Projected Record: 60-22
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

Male Posts : 14345

PostSubject: Re: Boston Celtics- Season Preview!!   Boston Celtics- Season Preview!! - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 8:00 pm

Derrick Rose wrote:
1. Kobe has been 31. His birthday was on the first day of school, I remember.

2. Kobe's been getting worse. His prime was in his 2004-2007/2008 days, and it seems to be he's getting better, yet it's only his team that's improving. Kobe's body is getting worse. 31 isn't prime. 31 is well past prime. Kobe didn't dominate the Finals, or the Play-offs. It's his team. Without Gasol, he wouldn't get that much points, that much assists. With Bynum injured, he sure did "dominate". It's already showed, Kobe isn't Kobe when he's not on a stacked team. Without Gasol, Odom, Ariza, and Bynum on the court, all the attention is on Bryant. Teams are smart enough to balance it out. And with that, Kobe usually gets stats being played One on One, offense and defense. Before Gasol, before Bynum, before Ariza. What happened? He was constantly getting double, triple teamed. Yeah, he had more points. Points? Did he win with those points? His "points" in those days were his ballhogging points. Yeah, call me a Kobe "hater". I don't care, Kobe is getting worse.

How is Kobe's body getting worse? Obviously his team also dominated, but giving all the credit to his teammates and not Kobe is just HATING. Gasol is the 2nd best player, without Gasol the Lakers probably wouldn't make it to the Finals. If you remove any 2nd piece player from their team i doubt the team would make it far. But all you have is "WHAT IF", what if Gasol wasnt there, it's just too bad though. Because were not in a "what if" world. Before Gasol, before Bynum, before Ariza. What happened?, Smush parker, kwame brown, luke walton, mihm starting happened. If you have a brain you would know, with that lineup kobe is the offense, kobe is the team, so hes going to score whatever points he wants. Obviously Kobe won with those Points, He carried them to the Playoffs, but too bad defense wins championships and not offense. Kobe couldn't do it alone, so they got out and got Gasol, the only Player who Kobe didn't make better. Kobe and Phil made Bynum, Odom, Ariza, sasha, farmar, brown all better players. Kobe carried the Lakers to the Finals, Kobe is the one who dominated the Finals. Without Kobe the Lakers wouldn't pass the first round. You obviously didn't watch the Finals, because you have no clue what your talking about. Seriously SK you dont make any sense at all. All you did was praise Kobe's teammates, and bash Kobe. hmmm that sounds like a "Hater".

Last edited by Repeat on Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.justin.tv/kobefanz/profile
OhYouMadCuzImStylinOnYa?!
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
OhYouMadCuzImStylinOnYa?!

Female Posts : 11937

PostSubject: Re: Boston Celtics- Season Preview!!   Boston Celtics- Season Preview!! - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 11:26 pm

Dwight Howard wrote:
If anyone were to talk about Boston or San Antonio aging, it wouldn't be Laker fans. Kobe is aging. Kobe is getting worse and worse now. Who knows, he might not even be a Top 5 player this season. Or, he might get some bad legs/back/etc. and then everyone will be talking about the Lakers aging.

Why not? Why can't Laker fans factor in age? o.O

Just because Kobe is getting older?????

Makes. No. Sense.
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Boston Celtics- Season Preview!!   Boston Celtics- Season Preview!! - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 11:30 pm

Abdi, that wasn't KONJ who made that post...it was SK, lol. Razz
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

Male Posts : 14345

PostSubject: Re: Boston Celtics- Season Preview!!   Boston Celtics- Season Preview!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 1:15 am

Primal Scream™ wrote:
Abdi, that wasn't KONJ who made that post...it was SK, lol. Razz

oops lol, i got confused, so who is KONJ then?
Back to top Go down
http://www.justin.tv/kobefanz/profile
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

PostSubject: Re: Boston Celtics- Season Preview!!   Boston Celtics- Season Preview!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 1:16 am

KONJ = KONJ my friend.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Boston Celtics- Season Preview!!   Boston Celtics- Season Preview!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 4:51 am

I have to agree with you KONJ
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Boston Celtics- Season Preview!!   Boston Celtics- Season Preview!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 6:47 am

Primal Scream™ wrote:
KONJ = KONJ my friend.
LMAO
Darko wrote:
I have to agree with you KONJ
Er... Darko did you read what Jaleesa said.. a post ahead of you?
Back to top Go down
Saeed
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Saeed

Male Posts : 8780

PostSubject: Re: Boston Celtics- Season Preview!!   Boston Celtics- Season Preview!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 6:58 am

Repeat wrote:
Derrick Rose wrote:
1. Kobe has been 31. His birthday was on the first day of school, I remember.

2. Kobe's been getting worse. His prime was in his 2004-2007/2008 days, and it seems to be he's getting better, yet it's only his team that's improving. Kobe's body is getting worse. 31 isn't prime. 31 is well past prime. Kobe didn't dominate the Finals, or the Play-offs. It's his team. Without Gasol, he wouldn't get that much points, that much assists. With Bynum injured, he sure did "dominate". It's already showed, Kobe isn't Kobe when he's not on a stacked team. Without Gasol, Odom, Ariza, and Bynum on the court, all the attention is on Bryant. Teams are smart enough to balance it out. And with that, Kobe usually gets stats being played One on One, offense and defense. Before Gasol, before Bynum, before Ariza. What happened? He was constantly getting double, triple teamed. Yeah, he had more points. Points? Did he win with those points? His "points" in those days were his ballhogging points. Yeah, call me a Kobe "hater". I don't care, Kobe is getting worse.

How is Kobe's body getting worse? Obviously his team also dominated, but giving all the credit to his teammates and not Kobe is just HATING. Gasol is the 2nd best player, without Gasol the Lakers probably wouldn't make it to the Finals. If you remove any 2nd piece player from their team i doubt the team would make it far. But all you have is "WHAT IF", what if Gasol wasnt there, it's just too bad though. Because were not in a "what if" world. Before Gasol, before Bynum, before Ariza. What happened?, Smush parker, kwame brown, luke walton, mihm starting happened. If you have a brain you would know, with that lineup kobe is the offense, kobe is the team, so hes going to score whatever points he wants. Obviously Kobe won with those Points, He carried them to the Playoffs, but too bad defense wins championships and not offense. Kobe couldn't do it alone, so they got out and got Gasol, the only Player who Kobe didn't make better. Kobe and Phil made Bynum, Odom, Ariza, sasha, farmar, brown all better players. Kobe carried the Lakers to the Finals, Kobe is the one who dominated the Finals. Without Kobe the Lakers wouldn't pass the first round. You obviously didn't watch the Finals, because you have no clue what your talking about. Seriously SK you dont make any sense at all. All you did was praise Kobe's teammates, and bash Kobe. hmmm that sounds like a "Hater".

Look at my post, I never mentioned a so called, "what if" in it. Abdi, calm down. You basically just stated what I'm trying to say:
Kobe isn't better.
His team is.
Without those star players, he looked bad, but was really the better player than he is today. With them, he's succeeding, and is still an amazing Top 3 player, yet just not as good as he used to be.

And for the end, I still think Kobe is the second best player in the league, behind Wade. I still think Kobe is 3x Pau Gasol. I still think none of his teammates would get recognition without him. But the other way around, his teammates put together>Bryant (obviously). And without his teammates, he wouldn't have succeeded.
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

PostSubject: Re: Boston Celtics- Season Preview!!   Boston Celtics- Season Preview!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 1:02 pm

^^^Agree with SK once again.

Haha, you're too funny sometimes CBI.
Back to top Go down
EM:)
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
EM:)

Male Posts : 6319

PostSubject: Re: Boston Celtics- Season Preview!!   Boston Celtics- Season Preview!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 1:09 pm

The Celtics are extremely deep they have a HOF trio in KG, Pierce, & Allen. They have a young & promising PG in Rajon Rondo who gets better & better every year & they added a proven All-star in Rasheed Wallace, who has championship exp. and can hurt you inside & out.

Not to mention their bench is deep.

Perkins as 6th Man adds hustle & toughness

Daniels at the 7th is coming off a great year where if it was not for Dunleavy's rehabilitation from injury he would have averaged 16/5 instead of 13/5. He went to the NBA Finals before and he is versatile not only defensively, but offensively he can score at the point, 2G, and SF position.

Then the rest are still their House for sharpshooting, Davis who also gets better year in and year out, and defense & athleticism in T. Allen
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Boston Celtics- Season Preview!!   Boston Celtics- Season Preview!! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Boston Celtics- Season Preview!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2