Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Do you guys think Ron Artest has a good chance at making the all-star roster next season?

Go down 
+5
BNB
Straight Edge Bluntness
3-peat
brownie13
MC-dizzle
9 posters
AuthorMessage
MC-dizzle
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
MC-dizzle

Male Posts : 3233

Do you guys think Ron Artest has a good chance at making the all-star roster next season? Empty
PostSubject: Do you guys think Ron Artest has a good chance at making the all-star roster next season?   Do you guys think Ron Artest has a good chance at making the all-star roster next season? EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 11:20 pm

The weakest position on the roster is the SF, other than Melo I can't really think of another SF that's better than Artest. The Lakers is the most popular team in the NBA and will likely be leading the West at the break so I would say Artest has a legit chance at making the team. I doubt Artest will average over 19pts a game on the Lakers so he will have to make it up on the defensive end, which is what the Lakers really need from him.

BQ: What's the situation with Delonte West? I didn't read any articles on it but I heard he had illegal weapons or something when the cops busted him.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Ane31PkIZIE0_uJTF_7VMKjsy6IX;_ylv=3?qid=20090923201730AAlt6ly
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

Do you guys think Ron Artest has a good chance at making the all-star roster next season? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you guys think Ron Artest has a good chance at making the all-star roster next season?   Do you guys think Ron Artest has a good chance at making the all-star roster next season? EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 11:24 pm

Artest wont have the numbers to make the team.

The Lakers, if healthy, are likely to already have three all stars (Kobe, Pau, and Bynum).
Artest will get recognition this season, but not the type that will get him into the All-Star game. Along with Melo, Kevin Durant is a lock this season, and that leaves MAYBE one spot for Artest to compete with other for. I don't see it happening unless one of the other three players goes down early.
Back to top Go down
MC-dizzle
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
MC-dizzle

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys think Ron Artest has a good chance at making the all-star roster next season?   Do you guys think Ron Artest has a good chance at making the all-star roster next season? EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 11:34 pm

yeah like I said Artest will have to put up good defensive #s like Ben Wallace did in all the years he made the all-star team.
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

Male Posts : 14345

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys think Ron Artest has a good chance at making the all-star roster next season?   Do you guys think Ron Artest has a good chance at making the all-star roster next season? EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 11:35 pm

IDK, i think theres a possibility he might make the team, it depends on how good he plays in the first half of the season and if he can get fans to cheer for him. Even though the SF position is week, the allstar game is more of a popularity contest then actually getting players that fit every position. Like Ryan said, if a Laker player goes down early( I hope not) then Artest needs to shine and get the recognition he wants to make the team.
Back to top Go down
http://www.justin.tv/kobefanz/profile
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys think Ron Artest has a good chance at making the all-star roster next season?   Do you guys think Ron Artest has a good chance at making the all-star roster next season? EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 11:36 pm

Essentially, police found a bunch of guns in Delonte's vechicle.
He was initially being pulled over for a traffic violation when they found the weapons in his possession.
He has a court appearance in November and could face jail time.
Did he not learn from TI? Sigh...

Anyhoo, I agree with Ryan and Abdi- he has competition from Melo and Durant. Though, due to a little bias - he could be chosen as a reserve. He will definitely not be a starter for the West team.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys think Ron Artest has a good chance at making the all-star roster next season?   Do you guys think Ron Artest has a good chance at making the all-star roster next season? EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 11:37 pm

Kevin durant? Rudy Gay?

I don't think Artest will make it because he won't score as much as he did with the Rockets and kings because of Kobe, Pau, Odom and Bynum

I dont think he will get there because of defense.
Back to top Go down
MC-dizzle
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
MC-dizzle

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys think Ron Artest has a good chance at making the all-star roster next season?   Do you guys think Ron Artest has a good chance at making the all-star roster next season? EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 11:40 pm

Gay won't get much consideration since he plays for a crappy team and small market, I forgot about Durant (this is why he is underrated) but he didn't make it last year because of his team and I'm not sure how much the Thunders can turn it around this year.

Artest has fan power (essential) and playing for a top contender, I say if he puts up 14pts 6reb 2stl 1.3blks and shoots 45% then he will make the team.
Back to top Go down
MC-dizzle
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
MC-dizzle

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys think Ron Artest has a good chance at making the all-star roster next season?   Do you guys think Ron Artest has a good chance at making the all-star roster next season? EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 11:43 pm

Yi was almost voted in last year and I don't have to remind y'all what he is like.
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys think Ron Artest has a good chance at making the all-star roster next season?   Do you guys think Ron Artest has a good chance at making the all-star roster next season? EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 11:44 pm

MC (Twilight Version) wrote:
Yi was almost voted in last year and I don't have to remind y'all what he is like.

That is different - China has a huge NBA fanbase.
That is why Yao was voted year after year for the All-Star game.
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

Male Posts : 5078

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys think Ron Artest has a good chance at making the all-star roster next season?   Do you guys think Ron Artest has a good chance at making the all-star roster next season? EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 11:45 pm

Lol...Yao's the best Center in the game so he would be voted year after year no matter what.
Back to top Go down
MC-dizzle
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
MC-dizzle

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys think Ron Artest has a good chance at making the all-star roster next season?   Do you guys think Ron Artest has a good chance at making the all-star roster next season? EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 11:53 pm

Remember how popular Kobe was in China, I'm sure some of those support will vote for ARtest and "some" in China is a huge number.
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

Male Posts : 14345

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys think Ron Artest has a good chance at making the all-star roster next season?   Do you guys think Ron Artest has a good chance at making the all-star roster next season? EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 11:59 pm

Team MC Woot Woot! wrote:
Remember how popular Kobe was in China, I'm sure some of those support will vote for ARtest and "some" in China is a huge number.

China NBA laker fans will vote for anyone thats affiliated with kobe
Back to top Go down
http://www.justin.tv/kobefanz/profile
Flight.
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Flight.

Male Posts : 1678

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys think Ron Artest has a good chance at making the all-star roster next season?   Do you guys think Ron Artest has a good chance at making the all-star roster next season? EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 9:20 am

Artest is a great defensive player. All he needs to do is prove himself worthy to be in the All-Star team. If he doubles his effort and changes that unpredictable nature of his, I think he'll have a good chance to make the team. He'll also need to win some more fans, and yes, if he wins some from China, then that's an even better chance.
Back to top Go down
MC-dizzle
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
MC-dizzle

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys think Ron Artest has a good chance at making the all-star roster next season?   Do you guys think Ron Artest has a good chance at making the all-star roster next season? EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 12:36 am

I think Artest will put up 14pts 5reb 2stls next season
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys think Ron Artest has a good chance at making the all-star roster next season?   Do you guys think Ron Artest has a good chance at making the all-star roster next season? EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 5:20 am

Rony to prove himself he needs to have good defensive games and decent stats alomg side popularity.That's it

KD will be the reserve unless Melo doesn't make it
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys think Ron Artest has a good chance at making the all-star roster next season?   Do you guys think Ron Artest has a good chance at making the all-star roster next season? EmptyFri Sep 25, 2009 10:03 am

he has no chance. He went to a better team, where he won't get as many shots...and we all know how artest likes to hoist uneeded 3's. Without him chucking up his 20 plus shots per game he can't score, When you can't score you can't be an allstar. Oe i you do get on the allstar team without having overwheling offenmsive stats you have to be a hellava defender.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you guys think Ron Artest has a good chance at making the all-star roster next season?   Do you guys think Ron Artest has a good chance at making the all-star roster next season? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you guys think Ron Artest has a good chance at making the all-star roster next season?
Page 1 of 1