Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Can't you just not help but notice certain similarities Chris Bosh shares w. Kevin Garnett?

Go down 
+6
Rush
Chosen One
YS
Straight Edge Bluntness
Darko
EM:)
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Male Posts : 6319

Can't you just not help but notice certain similarities Chris Bosh shares w. Kevin Garnett? Empty
PostSubject: Can't you just not help but notice certain similarities Chris Bosh shares w. Kevin Garnett?   Can't you just not help but notice certain similarities Chris Bosh shares w. Kevin Garnett? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 5:39 pm

1. Kevin Garnett did not make it passed the 1st Round of the NBA Playoffs until his 8th season as a pro. Chris Bosh is entering his 7th season as a pro and also has yet to advance past the 1st Round of the NBA playoffs. Both KG's Wolves and Bosh's Raptors heavily relied on these 2 player's carrying their respective franchises.

2. Like, KG Chris Bosh has a hell of an outside game for a PF. He can also put the ball on the floor with a vast array of dribbling oriented moves, like KG and can pass it off to other teammates as well. Bosh is also lanky, yet strong like KG has always been allowing both of them to grab rebounds. KG is a better passer being that he had multiple seasons where he averaged 5 APG, but Bosh is capable of passing off the ball. Not to mention, like KG Chris Bosh has the materials that make him a good defender, but Bosh is no KG in terms of defense.

CB4 and KG as players hold a lot in common, as individuals they are worlds apart. KG is known for his overbearing and passionate demeanor. He is ferocious and full of emotion that he isn't shy of letting out. CB4 is more docile in manner he is calm and approach his game with a certain serenity to it.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

Can't you just not help but notice certain similarities Chris Bosh shares w. Kevin Garnett? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Can't you just not help but notice certain similarities Chris Bosh shares w. Kevin Garnett?   Can't you just not help but notice certain similarities Chris Bosh shares w. Kevin Garnett? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 5:42 pm

Great of you to say thios satff,i didn't know this but they are very simular to each other altreough KG is better
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Can't you just not help but notice certain similarities Chris Bosh shares w. Kevin Garnett?   Can't you just not help but notice certain similarities Chris Bosh shares w. Kevin Garnett? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 5:45 pm

Haha, for sure.
Good job pointing out the similarities between these two men.
You are right - KG is a much better defender.
Chris Bosh is weak/soft defensively - and the weird thing is, it is not like he CANNOT play defense.
He actually just doesn't want to play defense - that will change this season when Bosh emerges as a new player. Apparently, he has gained 15 pounds in muscle and is much more determined to succeed this season (especially with the new players the Raptors obtained). Triano is looking to add toughness to the roster so Bosh will have no choice but to toughen up this season.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Can't you just not help but notice certain similarities Chris Bosh shares w. Kevin Garnett?   Can't you just not help but notice certain similarities Chris Bosh shares w. Kevin Garnett? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 5:52 pm

I implore all of you to tell me that this introduction to a novel called, Anne Orthwood's Bastard: Sex & Laws in Eary Virginia, written by John Ruston Pagan isn't the most pimp beginning to a book you ever heard! Here it is:

"Anne Orthwood and John Kendall first had sex on Saturday night, Nov. 28, 1663, at John Webb's inn near the site of modern-day Cheriton in Northampton County, on Virginia's Eastern Shore. They were intimate a second and possibly a third time later that weekend."
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

PostSubject: Re: Can't you just not help but notice certain similarities Chris Bosh shares w. Kevin Garnett?   Can't you just not help but notice certain similarities Chris Bosh shares w. Kevin Garnett? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 6:03 pm

I ought to read that book, Tony
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

PostSubject: Re: Can't you just not help but notice certain similarities Chris Bosh shares w. Kevin Garnett?   Can't you just not help but notice certain similarities Chris Bosh shares w. Kevin Garnett? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 6:03 pm

^^^That is sooooo random!

Are you reading that for a class you are taking or just reading it for fun? Razz
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

PostSubject: Re: Can't you just not help but notice certain similarities Chris Bosh shares w. Kevin Garnett?   Can't you just not help but notice certain similarities Chris Bosh shares w. Kevin Garnett? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 6:04 pm

Way to be late, SRF....
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Can't you just not help but notice certain similarities Chris Bosh shares w. Kevin Garnett?   Can't you just not help but notice certain similarities Chris Bosh shares w. Kevin Garnett? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 6:05 pm

You should man its not like most books that I've read. In fact, I kind of like that it comes right out with the situations within the book instead of letting it drag on and on. It is an easy read. Not boring at all.
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

PostSubject: Re: Can't you just not help but notice certain similarities Chris Bosh shares w. Kevin Garnett?   Can't you just not help but notice certain similarities Chris Bosh shares w. Kevin Garnett? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 6:07 pm

Yeah....I hate the books that stretch it out...

I mean...I have read multiple books which had multiple pages which could have easily been reduced to a couple of paras...
But noooo.....they stretch it out.....adding information that isn't necessary at all..
Thats a cardinal sin of writing..

I wonder how they become authors...
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

PostSubject: Re: Can't you just not help but notice certain similarities Chris Bosh shares w. Kevin Garnett?   Can't you just not help but notice certain similarities Chris Bosh shares w. Kevin Garnett? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 6:07 pm

YS wrote:
Way to be late, SRF....

Sorry that I don't respond quick enough to your liking YS. Wink

Last edited by Spurs Raptors Fan on Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Can't you just not help but notice certain similarities Chris Bosh shares w. Kevin Garnett?   Can't you just not help but notice certain similarities Chris Bosh shares w. Kevin Garnett? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 6:11 pm

Yes SRF I am reading it for class lol Very Happy it's pretty badass so far.

"In 1663, Anne Orthwood, a 24-year-old maidservant, became pregnant with twins after an illicit liasion in a tavern with a caddish nephew of a Virginia politician. Orthwood died soon after giving birth and so did one of her offspring, leaving behind the surviving nevertheless an illegitimate son, Jasper, and a host of knotty legal problems. Set against the decisons reached in other sex cases on the frontier of England's empire, the story of Anne Orthwood's bastard tellingly illustrates the changing regulation of sex in early America and how colonial leaders shaped legal doctrines and institutions to conform to their own social and economic goals."
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Can't you just not help but notice certain similarities Chris Bosh shares w. Kevin Garnett?   Can't you just not help but notice certain similarities Chris Bosh shares w. Kevin Garnett? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 6:14 pm

It is for Anthropology Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

PostSubject: Re: Can't you just not help but notice certain similarities Chris Bosh shares w. Kevin Garnett?   Can't you just not help but notice certain similarities Chris Bosh shares w. Kevin Garnett? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 6:16 pm

Interesting. What is this book about exactly?
About politicians and sex scandels?

I took Anthropology in high school years ago - I found it pretty interesting actually.
Are you an anthropology major or is this just an elective you are taking?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can't you just not help but notice certain similarities Chris Bosh shares w. Kevin Garnett?   Can't you just not help but notice certain similarities Chris Bosh shares w. Kevin Garnett? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 6:31 pm

THE ONLY SIMILARITY THAT COMES TO MIND IS THAT THEY ARE BOTH UGLY
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Can't you just not help but notice certain similarities Chris Bosh shares w. Kevin Garnett?   Can't you just not help but notice certain similarities Chris Bosh shares w. Kevin Garnett? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 6:48 pm

It is an elective, although I am interested in anthropology as well. Basically, that and the freedoms or lack thereof among English immigrants in early America and how the early court system of laws treated the offspring of said immigrants and the immigrants themselves unfairly because of their own self motives.

Last edited by TonyEM on Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Can't you just not help but notice certain similarities Chris Bosh shares w. Kevin Garnett?   Can't you just not help but notice certain similarities Chris Bosh shares w. Kevin Garnett? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 6:50 pm

BTW SRF where in Canada are you from? I always wanted to go to McGill University. I am planning to enroll there for graduate school if I am lucky.
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

PostSubject: Re: Can't you just not help but notice certain similarities Chris Bosh shares w. Kevin Garnett?   Can't you just not help but notice certain similarities Chris Bosh shares w. Kevin Garnett? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 7:01 pm

McGill is a great school (so I heard anyway, haha).
Do you speak French though? I am pretty sure you have to have a working knowledge of the French language prior to enrolling into that school.

I live in Toronto btw though I have been to Quebec on many occasions since I have family in that province. Great place to be - you should check it out if you haven't been there yet.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Can't you just not help but notice certain similarities Chris Bosh shares w. Kevin Garnett?   Can't you just not help but notice certain similarities Chris Bosh shares w. Kevin Garnett? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 7:09 pm

Damn it no I don't speak French at least fluently. I can say a couple of phrases her and there, but damn lol. I am fluent in both speaking/writing Spanish and English and I can hold my own in a conversation in Italian and Dutch fairly well.

Toronto, is a kickass city. I have been there and I loved it. I have also been to Niagara Falls, Montreal, Charlottetown, and Ontario. I still prefer Toronto out of all of them. In my present college that is before I transfer, hopefully after this semester I am not too far away from Ontario province. Although, I would have to cross Minnesota, which is not a small state at all to get there I am pretty close to Thunder Bay and have always wanted to go there for some reason or another.
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

PostSubject: Re: Can't you just not help but notice certain similarities Chris Bosh shares w. Kevin Garnett?   Can't you just not help but notice certain similarities Chris Bosh shares w. Kevin Garnett? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 7:18 pm

Of course Toronto is an awesome city. Razz Were you able to visit the main attractions of Toronto when you visited?
Oh, do you dislike your current college? Hey, once you transfer...you can visit the best province ever and pursue your dreams of going to Thunder Bay. I will be honest; I have never been there ever so I am not sure how it is like there at all. What is it about Thunder Bay that makes you want to go there?

French is a difficult language to master - I have a basic understanding of it and can hold a conversation in French as long as the other person speaks slowly, haha. I tried it in university and did fairly well; but I was lazy so I did not do too great in that class but whatever. Damn, you know pretty 4 different languages...I envy you there, haha.
Back to top Go down
Chosen One
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Chosen One

Male Posts : 3316

PostSubject: Re: Can't you just not help but notice certain similarities Chris Bosh shares w. Kevin Garnett?   Can't you just not help but notice certain similarities Chris Bosh shares w. Kevin Garnett? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 7:30 pm

I completely agree with u Tony

I think if Bosh can toughen up he will be the best PF in the game right now
If he works on his defense he might surpass KG
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Can't you just not help but notice certain similarities Chris Bosh shares w. Kevin Garnett?   Can't you just not help but notice certain similarities Chris Bosh shares w. Kevin Garnett? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 7:32 pm

Thanks for the envy Wink. Uh about my present situation at my college. I mean it is good and all in terms of national rankings Grinnell College is 11th in liberal arts. I just think that the college does not try to employ what is important in education. It seems that they aren't a liberal arts school at all and hold the same values of the full of flaws education system that mainstream society seems to uphold trying to teach things that seem pretty insignificant and aren't the bigger picture.

These feelings I have of my school thrown in with the fact that I think my school is in the middle of nowhere far away from everyone I know and my way of life back home in NJ. I mean the Iowan countryside seems like a whole other country in comparison to my life in NJ. I don't like the isolation/remoteness of my campus at all. I would rather go to a true liberal arts school that preaches liberal arts values in terms of the education that is being paid for in a suburban campus within a greater urban center.

The closest city I now have is 3 hours north in Minneapolis, which isn't a bad place. It is just too much of a hassle to constantly drive up 3 hours for cultural stimulation. Even if I successfully transfer I'll make sure to stay close to the great province of Ontario. All I have to do living in NJ to reach Canada is pass the state of NY.

Anyways, yes I saw the sights in Toronto from the Royal Ontario Museum to the impressive CN Tower to Spadina House and other notable landmarks. I would be sure to return I like Toronto and Canada, especially the nightlife reminds me of a NYC feel. However, before I transfer I want to check out Thunder Bay, which is closer to my present campus right now because I've always heard Thunder Bay is a nice laid back city with many historical forts and some beautiful harbors/waterfalls can be found there
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Can't you just not help but notice certain similarities Chris Bosh shares w. Kevin Garnett?   Can't you just not help but notice certain similarities Chris Bosh shares w. Kevin Garnett? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 7:44 pm

I agree with you too CO he has that capability within him that's for sure.
Back to top Go down
Chosen One
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Chosen One

Male Posts : 3316

PostSubject: Re: Can't you just not help but notice certain similarities Chris Bosh shares w. Kevin Garnett?   Can't you just not help but notice certain similarities Chris Bosh shares w. Kevin Garnett? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 8:21 pm

Bosh=BEST PF NEXT YEAR (hopefully) Can't you just not help but notice certain similarities Chris Bosh shares w. Kevin Garnett? 860942
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can't you just not help but notice certain similarities Chris Bosh shares w. Kevin Garnett?   Can't you just not help but notice certain similarities Chris Bosh shares w. Kevin Garnett? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 8:24 pm

BOSH IS OVERRATED AND SUCKS BIG HAIRY BALLS. HE IS HORRIBLE.
Back to top Go down
Rush
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Rush

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: Can't you just not help but notice certain similarities Chris Bosh shares w. Kevin Garnett?   Can't you just not help but notice certain similarities Chris Bosh shares w. Kevin Garnett? EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 9:13 pm

Nice... but Cb4 will be better.. i like this post.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can't you just not help but notice certain similarities Chris Bosh shares w. Kevin Garnett?   Can't you just not help but notice certain similarities Chris Bosh shares w. Kevin Garnett? Empty

Back to top Go down

Can't you just not help but notice certain similarities Chris Bosh shares w. Kevin Garnett?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next