Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Is Mike Dunleavy JR Underrated?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
EM:)
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Male Posts : 6319

Is Mike Dunleavy JR  Underrated? Empty
PostSubject: Is Mike Dunleavy JR Underrated?   Is Mike Dunleavy JR  Underrated? EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 3:22 pm

I mean in 2007-2008 when Dunleavy was fully healthy he averaged 19.1 PPG and 5.2 RPG/3.5 APG as a SG. This season where he wasn't healthy and Marquis Daniels had the best statistical season of his career Dunleavy still posted season averages of 15.1 PPG, 3.8 RPG/2.4 APG even in the dropoff of MPG he had. This is also a Indiana team with a lot of offensive options. I mean in 2007-2008 they were 8th overall in the NBA in PPG and in 2008-2009 they were 5th overall in PPG. This just shows me that perhaps Mike Dunleavy JR has been quite overlooked a bit for his career. I mean in Golden State he put up solid numbers not quite where they have been in Indiana, but solid nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Is Mike Dunleavy JR Underrated?   Is Mike Dunleavy JR  Underrated? EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 3:24 pm

If you ask me Troy Murphy is a million times more underrated than Dunleavy is.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Is Mike Dunleavy JR Underrated?   Is Mike Dunleavy JR  Underrated? EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 3:26 pm

True that Murph is a beast he does it all and has range.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Is Mike Dunleavy JR Underrated?   Is Mike Dunleavy JR  Underrated? EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 3:31 pm

Yes,he;s underrated man.A lot.He's good scorer,shooter and decent all around player judging from the stats.I can't say he does play good d because i havaen't wathc any games from him but he doesn't get the credit he needs to
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Is Mike Dunleavy JR Underrated?   Is Mike Dunleavy JR  Underrated? EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 3:51 pm

He is a decent defender, albeit a bit shaky at times because he is one of those defenders that rely on know how and where he is on the court and he has a slightly above average know how for defense. He doesn't have the intangibles, like quick footwork on d or over muscling his opponents to make him a naturally gifted defender. Dunleavy has to work to have a good defensive game, so it can be good or pretty shaky, but he isn't a terrible defender.
Back to top Go down
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

Male Posts : 6732

PostSubject: Re: Is Mike Dunleavy JR Underrated?   Is Mike Dunleavy JR  Underrated? EmptySat Sep 19, 2009 3:53 pm

can u guys go vote in the draft games?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Mike Dunleavy JR Underrated?   Is Mike Dunleavy JR  Underrated? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is Mike Dunleavy JR Underrated?
Page 1 of 1