Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Bring back the old users?

Go down 
+5
cbi
BNB
John
Fox News
Abdu
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Abdu
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Abdu

Male Posts : 2595

Bring back the old users? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Bring back the old users?   Bring back the old users? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 8:27 pm

First topic message reminder :

Like contact them via fb, twitter, or w/e and tell them to come back! It's not like they're doing anything with their sad lives so they should like come back...
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: Bring back the old users?   Bring back the old users? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 11:19 pm

did you make it?
Back to top Go down
John
College Baller
College Baller
John

PostSubject: Re: Bring back the old users?   Bring back the old users? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 11:22 pm

Yeah.

Hoopclubs Finest

!
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Bring back the old users?   Bring back the old users? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 11:22 pm

John.... how about Real Basketball TAWK. That'd be fun.
Back to top Go down
John
College Baller
College Baller
John

PostSubject: Re: Bring back the old users?   Bring back the old users? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 11:23 pm

Well..

Think of a name guys..

Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Bring back the old users?   Bring back the old users? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 11:24 pm

Post a linkkkk

Name it "Basketball".
Back to top Go down
John
College Baller
College Baller
John

PostSubject: Re: Bring back the old users?   Bring back the old users? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 11:29 pm

Nevermind.

I fail.

This site is dyeing.

Sooo..
Back to top Go down
John
College Baller
College Baller
John

PostSubject: Re: Bring back the old users?   Bring back the old users? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 11:29 pm

EDIT:

This site Is dead
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: Bring back the old users?   Bring back the old users? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 11:31 pm

Basketball actually is kinda cool namewise...
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: Bring back the old users?   Bring back the old users? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 11:34 pm

you guys gotta stop saying that. this site is slow and needs to be refreshed. its not dead, the gm game proved that.... we can get pretty active. it doesnt help that this is when free agents would be gettin gsigned in teh nba but theres a lockout.
Back to top Go down
John
College Baller
College Baller
John

PostSubject: Re: Bring back the old users?   Bring back the old users? - Page 4 EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 11:37 pm

Well...

Let's Try to Revive this.

Advertise A little more.

Draft Game TIME

Better Colors and looks

Try posting more
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

PostSubject: Re: Bring back the old users?   Bring back the old users? - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 1:11 am

You know what.. this isn't happening.

I talked to an admin on the chicago forum I'm part of. They have been around for 1 1/2 years and have close to 3 thousand users.

I asked him what they did to recruit.

He said that he [along with few other people] made a twitter, youtube account, facebook account, etc. to promote the site. Then they spent months on other sports forums getting close to users and recruiting them. After people visited the site and liked it, they helped recruit people. He also said it took a few months to get to the point where they don't need to recruit anymore because they're already popular.

RBT is never gonna get there because none of us spent our lives on forums trying to meet people to recruit.

I'm honestly on here to talk sports and joke aorund and shit.

If you guys do make a site, then let me know.. I'll be the first to join 'cause you guys are alright. But until then, I'm gonna find a forum I can talk to more than 6 people to about sports.

I'll still come on RBT until it's completely dead... but if you guys wanna join another site before all of us leave 1 by 1 and don't come back, we should join one together so we can still talk and shit
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

Male Posts : 5078

PostSubject: Re: Bring back the old users?   Bring back the old users? - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 2:16 am

lol...I can help you guys out with making a forum. I've been there before...paying for a site, idk if I can manage that...but if you decide on making a free forum hit me up because I also have a bunch of friends who do the same kinda shit.

oh and regarding the activity issue: a lot of our top posters are in college or going to college (i.e. Jade, Ryan, Janet, Lozan, Nenad (?), Nick C's an old man...) and I know for a fact that's why they aren't active (at least with Ryan, Lozan, and Jade). There's nothing we can do to change that, I'm friends with all of them on MSN and all of em are NEVER ON. And I mean NEVER. I'll do my best to try to get them to come back but honestly this site will never be as active as it was a couple years ago. That's because RBT has gained a rather negative reputation by most outsiders because of how joking we are...they don't fucking get it...as well as a reputation of being dead, which is true in a way.

How do we fix this? I mean obviously advertising will help, but as I think Nenad said before simply posting a thread here in there on Y!A isn't enough. We have to go bigger than that. Y!A is full of idiots anyways. I don't know if you guys have heard of SBNation, but it's full of the smartest people I've ever known when it comes to sports. They don't welcome people openly advertising, but I'm sure if you joined one of their blogs and got to know people you could ask them to come over after awhile. Not the best method, but it's certainly better than repeatedly asking fucking morons to improve the activity of this site. The last thing we need is trolls that drive other people away.
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

PostSubject: Re: Bring back the old users?   Bring back the old users? - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 2:20 am

Just sent an e-mail to Ryan, Jade, and Lozan pleading them to come back. Not much, I know, just trying to see if there's any sign of life.

lmao this is sounding like a fucking journal.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Bring back the old users?   Bring back the old users? - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 2:30 am

do they swear on SBNation?
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

PostSubject: Re: Bring back the old users?   Bring back the old users? - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 2:33 am

Bulls N' Bears wrote:
do they swear on SBNation?

hahaha you can swear but not at other people...

Rolling Eyes

but I say fuck it. Let's troll their blogs and tell them how healthy and active RBT is!
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Bring back the old users?   Bring back the old users? - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 2:38 am

they don't allow swearing on Hoops nation

I'm arguin with them about it now...

Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

PostSubject: Re: Bring back the old users?   Bring back the old users? - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 2:40 am

Bulls N' Bears wrote:
they don't allow swearing on Hoops nation

I'm arguin with them about it now...

you should copy and paste my epic RBT story and see if they like it! Very Happy

lol but seriously. there shouldn't be a fucking swear filter anywhere on the internet....let people act like badasses!
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: Bring back the old users?   Bring back the old users? - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 12:24 pm

I like SBNation. I lurk the browns one. Whenever I post I get like 99 recs Cool....
And you can swear, but usually only during games and shit when your team fucks up...

Also the subjectl line is annoying as fuck ,the browns and indians blogs dont use them but the (more dead than this site) cavs one does and its stupid as hell :/
Back to top Go down
Abdu
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Abdu

PostSubject: Re: Bring back the old users?   Bring back the old users? - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 1:26 pm

Raza wrote:
Looks like Abdul is there too

http://hoops-nation.com/index.php?/topic/2658-whats-good/

what makes you think thats me? :jake:
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Bring back the old users?   Bring back the old users? - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 1:41 pm

..fuggit..im there.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Bring back the old users?   Bring back the old users? - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 1:43 pm

the people there are so easy to argue with.

they either back down right away or they have no idea what they're talking about to begin with.

Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Bring back the old users?   Bring back the old users? - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 2:13 pm

John, you're a perfect fit!
Back to top Go down
Abdu
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Abdu

PostSubject: Re: Bring back the old users?   Bring back the old users? - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 3:06 pm

Holy shit! They have Blake Griffin on they banner!

Good bye, RBT
Back to top Go down
Abdu
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Abdu

PostSubject: Re: Bring back the old users?   Bring back the old users? - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 6:51 pm

Hoops Nation is not that good tbh... only thing they got on us is more members....
Back to top Go down
Abdu
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Abdu

PostSubject: Re: Bring back the old users?   Bring back the old users? - Page 4 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 6:54 pm

But yea. I think we all should just move over there. Lets take over this mofucka!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bring back the old users?   Bring back the old users? - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bring back the old users?
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next