Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Rubio is headed to Minny

Go down 
+8
Fox News
YS
Chris
Darko
Chosen One
cbi
Raza
BNB
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

Rubio is headed to Minny Empty
PostSubject: Rubio is headed to Minny   Rubio is headed to Minny EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 1:02 pm

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6617479

he's finally coming over.... unless there's a lockout
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: Rubio is headed to Minny   Rubio is headed to Minny EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 4:25 pm

I hope he has season averages of 0.2 points a game, 0.1 assists a game, and 0.1 rebounds a game shooting 3%
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Rubio is headed to Minny   Rubio is headed to Minny EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 4:28 pm

By the way, last season, Rubio averaged 6.5 PPG, 3.5 APG, 3.2 RPG, 1.6 SPG shooting 39/22/84
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Rubio is headed to Minny   Rubio is headed to Minny EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 4:34 pm

Young players don't play in Europe that much though. Jennings' stats werent' good either.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Rubio is headed to Minny   Rubio is headed to Minny EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 4:40 pm

And besides maybe his first month in the NBA, Jennings has been very inefficient. Yeah, he'll give you 15-16 points a game, but he'll probably shoot under 40 percent doing so.

And Jennings is more of a scoring point guard (we could even call him a shot chucker). Rubio is far from that
Back to top Go down
Chosen One
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Chosen One

Male Posts : 3316

PostSubject: Re: Rubio is headed to Minny   Rubio is headed to Minny EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 5:22 pm

He's gonna end up a bust anyway

Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Rubio is headed to Minny   Rubio is headed to Minny EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 5:29 pm

I don't know much about Rubio. All I know about him is that he's flashy, has good court vision, can't really shoot from the outside and has questionable defense. If that's true, than he's basically like Rajon Rondo..without the defense. I don't know if that kinda player can last in the NBA.

But like I said, I don't know much about him.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Rubio is headed to Minny   Rubio is headed to Minny EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 5:38 pm

He's the European Rondo....

Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Rubio is headed to Minny   Rubio is headed to Minny EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 6:42 pm

Bulls N' Bears wrote:
I don't know much about Rubio. All I know about him is that he's flashy, has good court vision, can't really shoot from the outside and has questionable defense. If that's true, than he's basically like Rajon Rondo..without the defense. I don't know if that kinda player can last in the NBA.

But one of Rondo's biggest assets is his defense...

Rajon Rondo without defense is just somebody who can pass the ball.
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

Male Posts : 5401

PostSubject: Re: Rubio is headed to Minny   Rubio is headed to Minny EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 7:25 pm

Hmm. good news i guess. lets see what is he capable of.
Back to top Go down
Chosen One
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Chosen One

Male Posts : 3316

PostSubject: Re: Rubio is headed to Minny   Rubio is headed to Minny EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 8:49 pm

If he is some European Rondo I don't expect him to last that long

Not a knock on Rondo, but guys like him that have no jumper, or explosion and rely on cunningness and smart plays usually don't translate well in the NBA. Rondo was an exception. Rondo had the benefit of the big 3 that helped shape him to the amazing player he is today.

But Rubio is going to freaking Minnesoda....
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Rubio is headed to Minny   Rubio is headed to Minny EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 10:53 pm

Raza wrote:
Bulls N' Bears wrote:

But one of Rondo's biggest assets is his defense...

Rajon Rondo without defense is just somebody who can pass the ball.

that's my point haha.

So I was saying that Rubio might not be anything special if all he ends up being is a good passer.
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

PostSubject: Re: Rubio is headed to Minny   Rubio is headed to Minny EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 10:58 pm

It would be really interesting to see Rubio working with Love and Beasley....
If Rubio lives up to the hype (relative to a rookie year)...then that would be pretty sweet

But like everyone else.....my expectations are very very low right now...
He looks, acts and plays too much like a boy.....I don't know if he can handle the physicality and athleticism of the NBA
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Rubio is headed to Minny   Rubio is headed to Minny EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 11:04 pm

I'm interested to see what Minny is gonna do with Flynn. They're initial plan was to have them play together, but now they have Wesley Johnson who will play a lot of minutes at SG, and that plan was a shitty one to begin with.

Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

PostSubject: Re: Rubio is headed to Minny   Rubio is headed to Minny EmptyThu Jun 02, 2011 11:09 pm

Its up to KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN now....
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Rubio is headed to Minny   Rubio is headed to Minny EmptyFri Jun 03, 2011 12:12 am

If it's up to Khan, he'll trade Love for Nash and Beasley for some other PG. hahaha
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Rubio is headed to Minny   Rubio is headed to Minny EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 1:40 pm

now it looks like Rubio might stay in Spain. :deady:

I aslso just heard that the team Rubio plays for just won a championship and Rubio only played 10 minutes and scored 0 points.

Why is minny going crazy over this guy again?
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Rubio is headed to Minny   Rubio is headed to Minny EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 2:48 pm

Because he's European and can pass the ball.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Rubio is headed to Minny   Rubio is headed to Minny EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 5:36 pm

oh yeah... duh Rubio is headed to Minny 5529
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Rubio is headed to Minny   Rubio is headed to Minny EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 6:16 pm

He has phenomenal distributing abilities dissimilar to anything this era of NBA basketball possesses-Better than Jason Kidd; he's very unaccommodating to the seemingly inevitable revolution of one-guards playing professional basketball, which does, and should, make him a cherished prospect to scouts. Sure he has a mediocre jump shot, average height, and he's slow. But because of the aforementioned distributing skills and intangibles, he deserves the hype he receives..
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Rubio is headed to Minny   Rubio is headed to Minny EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 8:36 pm

Josh The Parrot wrote:
He has phenomenal distributing abilities dissimilar to anything this era of NBA basketball possesses-Better than Jason Kidd; he's very unaccommodating to the seemingly inevitable revolution of one-guards playing professional basketball, which does, and should, make him a cherished prospect to scouts. Sure he has a mediocre jump shot, average height, and he's slow. But because of the aforementioned distributing skills and intangibles, he deserves the hype he receives..

So pretty much...

he can pass the ball
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: Rubio is headed to Minny   Rubio is headed to Minny EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 9:21 pm

Read and comprehend, my friend. Let me elucidate on the above paragraph for you.

Point 1: A profuse number of guards can ' just pass'. Rubio is legitimately Magic Johnson-ish when it refers to his distributing abilities.

Point 2: He possesses the potential to alter the so-called 'one guard revolution'. Allude to a point guard in the NBA who scores under 10 ppg, and is still considered the most consequential player on their team. Take a moment and observe some of the historic figures in basketball. They all where innovators of some sort! You may think the following is a smidgen bit unbelievable, but when Minnesota thinks about Rubio, they think legend!

point 3: The aforementioned is the big seller. Dreaming of expounding on his imperfections are only icing on the European Kolaczki !

Last edited by Josh The Parrot on Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Rubio is headed to Minny   Rubio is headed to Minny EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 9:23 pm

So he can pass the ball VERY well.

But can't score against or keep up with the faster NBA players..
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: Rubio is headed to Minny   Rubio is headed to Minny EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 9:43 pm

No one can keep up with the faster NBA players. Besides, he's not in the game for defense. He is in to serve as an distributor/innovator. Innovators have their disadvantages in their respective era's; They still get looked up to as legends, because they have something to set them apart. Derrick Rose is just going be remembered as one of the many one-guards in the NBA that could score the ball exceptionally well. Right along with Chris Paul, Deron williams, Gilbert Arenas, Aaron Brooks, Chauncey Billups, Tony Parker, etc. Ricky Rubio will be lonely on a plaque with very few names of people who didn't even show an interest in scoring the basketball. The only person worthy of receiving mention, that I can think of is Rajon Rondo. It's the difference between George Gervin and John Stockton; One was just another shooting guard, but obviously a great player (wouldn't think that from the level of respect he gets!). Another one was an re-innovator to the disheartening demise to the pass-first style of basketball(he's looked up to as a basketball God!).
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Rubio is headed to Minny   Rubio is headed to Minny EmptyThu Jun 16, 2011 9:59 pm

He averages 3 and a half assists a game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rubio is headed to Minny   Rubio is headed to Minny Empty

Back to top Go down

Rubio is headed to Minny
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next