Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

NBA lottery/Draft thread

Go down 
+12
EM:)
Darko
Quality
SO6P [KING]
Straight Edge Bluntness
Abdu
Chosen One
Fox News
wallshingtonwizard
Raza
cbi
BNB
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

NBA lottery/Draft thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: NBA lottery/Draft thread   NBA lottery/Draft thread - Page 3 EmptyMon May 16, 2011 9:06 pm

First topic message reminder :

http://espn.go.com/nba/lottery2011/mockdraft

looking at that just hit me....

this draft really does suck.

Last edited by Bulls N' Bears on Tue May 17, 2011 9:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: NBA lottery/Draft thread   NBA lottery/Draft thread - Page 3 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 1:36 am

wallshingtonwizard wrote:
Does anyone know more about the Cavs possibly trying to get the 2nd pick in the draft from Minny?

Detroit might kill the deal
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: NBA lottery/Draft thread   NBA lottery/Draft thread - Page 3 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 1:41 am

Whats not to like? wrote:
Why don't the Cavs keep Hickson and play Williams at SF? Trade Sessions and Samuels to the Pistons.

Find a starting C/Varejao, Hickson/Jamison, Williams, Shooting Guard(play small ball w/ baron here? parker? Marshon Brooks?) and Kyrie/Baron is a little too sexy to pass up.

Why would the Pistons want Sessions when they have Stuckey? They're almost the same kinda player.

losing JJ wouldn't even be terrible. Verejao could play PF, Williams could play SF and you guys would just need to find a C.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: NBA lottery/Draft thread   NBA lottery/Draft thread - Page 3 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 10:40 am

Hickson is a young developing big man, but honestly, he probably is only doing so well because the Cavs are absolute trash and they need all the contribution they can get. I used to think Hickson could be a solid starter, with around 16/10, but he just can't carry a team. He's an amazing role player and that is all he should be, a role player. Losing him wouldn't be too bad at this point, especially if you can get Kyrie Irving and Derrick Williams.
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: NBA lottery/Draft thread   NBA lottery/Draft thread - Page 3 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 11:30 am

Uh, put Williams and Kyrie with JJ and that opens so much up for him. He's a damn good player and a few years down the road Kyrie, Williams and JJ could be an OKC-like team. Built through the draft to be very good.

And that's why you throw in Samuels, Nenad. A young big man with promise. Plus Sessions is more of a PG than Stuckey. He can play 1 and Stuckey can play 2. Bynum and Gordon off the bench and that's one of the better backcourts.
Back to top Go down
Chosen One
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Chosen One

Male Posts : 3316

PostSubject: Re: NBA lottery/Draft thread   NBA lottery/Draft thread - Page 3 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 4:49 pm

Apparently Detroit likes Boobie Gibson, Christian Eyenga, and the Cavs 32nd pick....the cavs might get a deal by offering one of them

But then again once Baron is moved, Boobie is perfect as a backup PG cause of his jumper and has turned into one of the Cavs best players and a fan fave. Eyenga has a lot of upside, and getting rid of a pick is the opposite of what the Cavs want (since they want to get Norris Cole Razz)
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: NBA lottery/Draft thread   NBA lottery/Draft thread - Page 3 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 5:22 pm

Norris Cole will be the best player in the Cavaliers from the moment he gets to wear that jersey!

Razz
Back to top Go down
Abdu
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Abdu

Male Posts : 2595

PostSubject: Re: NBA lottery/Draft thread   NBA lottery/Draft thread - Page 3 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 5:42 pm

Who the fuck is Christian Eyenga? I been wanting to ask that for a while...
Back to top Go down
Chosen One
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Chosen One

PostSubject: Re: NBA lottery/Draft thread   NBA lottery/Draft thread - Page 3 EmptyMon May 30, 2011 6:09 pm

A SG from Africa that the Cavs drafted a few years ago with the 29th pick

It took him a few years to get here, and he is still an extremely raw player....I mean really raw....

But the dude is crazy athletic....Hes probably one of the most athletic players in the league when it comes down to raw athleticism
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: NBA lottery/Draft thread   NBA lottery/Draft thread - Page 3 EmptyTue May 31, 2011 6:34 am

Blakeshow wrote:

He's a spectacular finisher
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: NBA lottery/Draft thread   NBA lottery/Draft thread - Page 3 EmptyTue May 31, 2011 3:44 pm

Trade Boobie Cavs. TRADE BOOBIE. Having a player who's only good at shooting has no use on a bad team. He's only gonna be putting up numbers on a good team with lots of open looks.

Then you can try and see if there's any value for Sessions. And bam.

Kyrie and Williams. No log jam at PG. Young player or a pick for Sessions. Four problems solved.
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: NBA lottery/Draft thread   NBA lottery/Draft thread - Page 3 EmptyTue May 31, 2011 3:45 pm

Blakeshow wrote:
Possible SF or SG of the future for the Cavs. Probably not though, gonna be a good bench player for a long time. But a good defender with long ass arms and a good finisher at the rim.
Back to top Go down
Quality
College Baller
College Baller
Quality

Male Posts : 87

PostSubject: Re: NBA lottery/Draft thread   NBA lottery/Draft thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 01, 2011 3:47 pm

As a Raptors fan, we don't need another swing man - I don't think so. Maybe a center or a point guard.
Back to top Go down
http://www.onthehum.blogspot.com/
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: NBA lottery/Draft thread   NBA lottery/Draft thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 12:36 pm

i wonder what minny does for the second.

there's rumors that they offered it tot he Lakers for Bynum. Suns offered Nash for it. They offered it to the Wizards for McGee and to the Pacers for Hibert and their first.

If they keep it, it looks like they'll take Kanter or Williams.
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: NBA lottery/Draft thread   NBA lottery/Draft thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 12:55 pm

If they don't trade it, they have to take Williams. If they don't they are dumb as hell.
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: NBA lottery/Draft thread   NBA lottery/Draft thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 12:56 pm

Also: Tony Parker, Josh Smith, Steve Nash all rumored to be on the block or in trade discussions.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: NBA lottery/Draft thread   NBA lottery/Draft thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 12:57 pm

Yeah, but then Minny would have to trade Michael Beasley. He and Williams wouldn't be able to play together.

and yeah, I heard Smith to ORL has a good chance as long as ORL doesn't throw in Arenas.
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: NBA lottery/Draft thread   NBA lottery/Draft thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 1:05 pm

Which is why they gotta trade that pick for a vet. Taking Williams is a mistake because of the players they already have. Passing up on Williams is a mistake because of his talents.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: NBA lottery/Draft thread   NBA lottery/Draft thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 1:09 pm

yeah, I agree.

I think the cavs should give Utah a call and offer them their 4th, either Sessions or Gibson and a future protected 1st round pick for the 3rd pick.

The draft Williams with the 1st pick. Minny wouldn't draft Irving because they have Flynn, rubio and Ridnour. If they are unable to trade the pick, they'll take Kanter. All of the teams that are interested in the pick want it because of Williams. The the Cavs would be able to draft Irving with the 3rd pick.
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: NBA lottery/Draft thread   NBA lottery/Draft thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 1:13 pm

I like the scenario but I'd still be worried about somebody swooping in and taking Kyrie.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: NBA lottery/Draft thread   NBA lottery/Draft thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 1:28 pm

the cavs should just shock everyone and take Norris Cole 1st overall
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: NBA lottery/Draft thread   NBA lottery/Draft thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 1:44 pm

I agree. He's going to be better than Knight and Walker for sure.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: NBA lottery/Draft thread   NBA lottery/Draft thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 1:49 pm

Some mock draft has the Bulls taking Cole with the 30th pick.

Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: NBA lottery/Draft thread   NBA lottery/Draft thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 1:55 pm

I see that, and if he does go to the Bulls...

You guys are gonna be spoiled with great PG play. Rose and Cole would be crazyyyyy
Back to top Go down
Chosen One
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Chosen One

PostSubject: Re: NBA lottery/Draft thread   NBA lottery/Draft thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 2:14 pm

Bulls N' Bears wrote:
yeah, I agree.

I think the cavs should give Utah a call and offer them their 4th, either Sessions or Gibson and a future protected 1st round pick for the 3rd pick.

The draft Williams with the 1st pick. Minny wouldn't draft Irving because they have Flynn, rubio and Ridnour. If they are unable to trade the pick, they'll take Kanter. All of the teams that are interested in the pick want it because of Williams. The the Cavs would be able to draft Irving with the 3rd pick.

I think u forgot that its KAHN we're talking about

I think the Cavs are in a pretty good position though. Either go Derrick and Knight/Kemba or Kyrie and Enes/Jonas (Big V?)
Back to top Go down
Stefan
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Stefan

Male Posts : 940

PostSubject: Re: NBA lottery/Draft thread   NBA lottery/Draft thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Jun 22, 2011 7:50 pm

Jan Vesely is going to Kings man <3 He is my favorite from the lottery cause his former Partizan Belgrade player Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NBA lottery/Draft thread   NBA lottery/Draft thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

NBA lottery/Draft thread
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next