Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

End of the Regular Season

Go down 
+9
SO6P [KING]
Tar Heel
Darko
Abdu
BNB
Quality
wallshingtonwizard
Raza
Nick C
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

End of the Regular Season - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: End of the Regular Season   End of the Regular Season - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 1:21 am

First topic message reminder :

The East is set and the West is set.

Here comes the real season!

What surprised you the most?

What disappointed you the most?

Who is your lock for an upset in the playoffs?

Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

PostSubject: Re: End of the Regular Season   End of the Regular Season - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 3:31 pm

Truth searcher wrote:
Bulls N' Bears wrote:
Truth searcher wrote:
Bulls N' Bears wrote:
huh? Without ANY seriousness? Boozer missed a month, Noah has missed a month, we have no SG, only one threat at the outside [Korver] but he's pretty streaky at times and the bulls still win games. He wills the Bulls to victories. If you wanna look at stats, his are pretty good. He's the only one in the league that's top 10 in PPG and APG and is grabbing about 4.5 boards per game.

he SHOULD be considered... idk what you're talking about.
the bulls just aren't good enough. they haven't convinced anybody.

who's talking about championship? It was talk about Rose being MVP. You were saying the Bulls aren't good enough... so that's why Rose shouldn't be talked about for MVP. if you didn't think the bulls were good enough for rose to be MVP, how did you think they would be the best team in the league? Makes NO sense, visa.

ooooooooo 5 days after the trade when the nuggets played only 2 games. People still thought they were going to be good.
Your acting like because I made a pre-season prediction that I can't critique mid-season. Its not like i'm a bulls fan, so i'm not in fan mode all the time. Even if it doesn't go with my prediction I will critique it because I like basketball, I don't care about teams not named the Wizards. Which is more surprising to you; a you team losing 26 PPG, 7 RPG, +22 eff off their roster and doing better or a team who had won 41 last year, Rose, Noah and gibson all another year better, and just acquired Boozer,Korver and Brewer, and becoming a 2 seed? Even if I had them at the 2 seed; when your at the 2, the 1 is not a surprise.

when did you ever say the Bulls would be the best team in the league? You didn't. when did you even say they would finish 2nd or 3rd? you didn't. You're just saying you said that... but it's easier to say that you thought the Bulls would be the 1st seed than actually show proof of it. Ubless you go back and edit one of your posts.. I'm sure someone would have seen you say that the Bulls would be the best team. after 41 games of the season, you still didn't think the bulls were really good. Yet you're saying now that you're not surprsied at their season. Makes no sense.

and I predicted the Bulls would be 5th or 4th in the East... and like 53 wins. With Boozer getting injured, I thought we would still finish around 4th or 5th. by after our 9-8 start, I was thinking no higher than 5th. We got it back together.. but then Noah was injured and would miss couple months. At that point, I thought no higher than 3rd. But we finished 1st overall anyway.

The Nuggets went 17-7 after Melo left [10 of those wins coming against teams that aren't in the playoffs]... and once the trade was made, most people thought that this currents Nuggets team seemed better without Melo... even before a game was played because oh how deep they are now.

So... yeah.. Bulls #1 overall seed is more surprising.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: End of the Regular Season   End of the Regular Season - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 3:45 pm

I don't think I said it on here...OK so no proof...I might have said it on here though..Does it matter enough to me to search topics? No..well yes but the search topics doesnt work.. "after 41 games of the season, you still didn't think the bulls were really good. Yet you're saying now that you're not surprsied at their season. Makes no sense." You said this already. I called it before the season, 41 games in I didn't like them how I did pre-season..follow me? Was I being negative on Chicago? No, I was simply critiquing. And you keep saying 'most people' well thats great. My point is that I am not surprised, and it is my opinion, no?
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: End of the Regular Season   End of the Regular Season - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 3:58 pm

I went to almost every single bulls thread or any thread about season previews, and you never once said the Bulls would be the best team in the league.

"And you keep saying 'most people' well thats great. My point is that I am not surprised, and it is my opinion, no?"

yeah, and most people [and that's a shit load of people] never would have guessed chicago would be this good... yet you say all those people shouldn't "partake in basketball discussions." but you're surprised about something that a lot of people aren't surprised about.. so what's that mean? You should be involved in every basketball discussion?
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: End of the Regular Season   End of the Regular Season - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 4:10 pm

I had Miami as the 1 and Chicago as 2. Now would I have said ' 62 wins!'? Nah. But would I say 57-58? yep. Is the leap from 58 to 62 big? No, no, Not at all. Thats why I feel like nobody should be surprised. I know a lot of people who said Chicago would win upwards of 62 games. When you shot your number so low I wasn't surprised because your not good at predictions. And stop saying no one was surprised about the Denver situation You Know damn well thats bullshit...
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: End of the Regular Season   End of the Regular Season - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 4:11 pm

Truth searcher wrote:

Who is your lock for an upset in the playoffs? Pacers>bulls in 7. I don't really believe it, but Hibbert will cause some problems for whatshisface and whatshisname.

oh and visa...

Hibberts averages against the Bulls this season in 4 games:

6.3 PPG
5.3 RPG
2.2 BPG
31% shooting.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: End of the Regular Season   End of the Regular Season - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 4:14 pm

I don't really believe it..but I have an itch..When I get an itch I win money Smile
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: End of the Regular Season   End of the Regular Season - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 4:17 pm

Truth searcher wrote:
I had Miami as the 1 and Chicago as 2. Now would I have said ' 62 wins!'? Nah. But would I say 57-58? yep. Is the leap from 58 to 62 big? No, no, Not at all. Thats why I feel like nobody should be surprised. I know a lot of people who said Chicago would win upwards of 62 games. When you shot your number so low I wasn't surprised because your not good at predictions. And stop saying no one was surprised about the Denver situation You Know damn well thats bullshit...

just a few ago you said you had the Bulls as the best..

" Did I pick them as regular season champs? Yes I did"

now you had them at 2nd? What.. did you just suddenly remember your made up predicitions from 6 months ago?

the fact that you just flip flopped makes me not believe you even more.

https://realbasketballtalk.forumotion.com/t5604-predict-the-records-for-each-team-next-season?highlight=predict

My predicitons weren't amazing... but no one else was amazing either. Neither was anyone on ESPN, NBATV, TNT, etc. predicitions like that aren't really easy.

I'm sure if you did it, they would have been pretty off too... no wait, I'm sure you nailed every single record right? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: End of the Regular Season   End of the Regular Season - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 4:22 pm

After searching the heat thread I found that I picked them at 1st...Don't believe me..you think I care? End of the Regular Season - Page 2 4179537972_abf0abf574
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: End of the Regular Season   End of the Regular Season - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 4:29 pm

No, I don't believe you... why should I?
and I don't care that you don't care.

Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: End of the Regular Season   End of the Regular Season - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 4:31 pm

Because I don't lie. Oh I Pulled my predictions for the east off of insidehoops:

"Cleveland=18-64
Toronto=21-61
Washington=24-58
New jersey= 24-58
Miami=60-22
Boston=56-26
Detroit =32-50
Charlotte=34-48
Milwaukee=36-46
Indiana=37-45
Atlanta=45-37
Orlando=52-30
Newyork=42-40
Chicago=59-23"
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: End of the Regular Season   End of the Regular Season - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 4:42 pm

funny
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: End of the Regular Season   End of the Regular Season - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

End of the Regular Season
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2