Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

End of the Regular Season

Go down 
+9
SO6P [KING]
Tar Heel
Darko
Abdu
BNB
Quality
wallshingtonwizard
Raza
Nick C
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

End of the Regular Season Empty
PostSubject: End of the Regular Season   End of the Regular Season EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 1:21 am

The East is set and the West is set.

Here comes the real season!

What surprised you the most?

What disappointed you the most?

Who is your lock for an upset in the playoffs?

Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: End of the Regular Season   End of the Regular Season EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 6:36 am

Nuggets lose.
End of the Regular Season 744298
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

PostSubject: Re: End of the Regular Season   End of the Regular Season EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 10:11 am

Blake Griffin became America's rookie instead of John Wall, and most folks on TNT have a countdown in 2015 for him to come to the Lakers or Heat

Disappointed that Cleveland lost 26 games in a row. The team was rocked after the Varejao injury and of course the first match at home against the Heat.

Philly beating Miami in the playoffs
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
Quality
College Baller
College Baller
Quality

Male Posts : 87

PostSubject: Re: End of the Regular Season   End of the Regular Season EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 10:56 am

The Chicago Bulls getting the leagues best record

Milwaukee, Houston or Golden State (It's a toss up between them)

Sixers to beat the Heat, or the Knicks to beat the Celtics (Would be a travesty the second one)
Back to top Go down
http://www.onthehum.blogspot.com/
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

PostSubject: Re: End of the Regular Season   End of the Regular Season EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 11:38 am

1. The Bulls getting the best record in the league. If anyone would have said that would happen before the season started, you would think they were crazy.

2. D.Will getting traded/Jerry Sloan retiring. I didn't see either happening this season.

A year ago I said the cavs would be garbage w/o LBJ. before the season started [after getting sessions, byron scott, and assuming Hickson would end up being pretty good] I thought they would miss the playoffs, but at least compete for a playoff spot.. They ended up breaking the record for most consecutive losses in a season. So I'm disappointed in not sticking with what I first said.... the cavs would be garbage.

It's hard to pick upsets in the NBA because they almost never happen since it's a 7 game series. But I'll do one for each conference.

East: Magic. Beating the hawks won't be an upset, but beating the Bulls in the 2nd round will be considered one. No team in the East right now in the playoffs has a guy that can cover Howard. Not even the Bulls with Noah. We also don't have enough shooters to keep up with Orlando if they're hitting a lot of 3's. If they upset us, they are capable of beating Miami and Boston in the ECF because agai, Miami has no one that can stop DH and I'm not sure Shaq can anymore either.

West: Thunder. Beating the Nuggets won't be.. but I think they beat the Spurs in the second round.

Back to top Go down
Abdu
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Abdu

Male Posts : 2595

PostSubject: Re: End of the Regular Season   End of the Regular Season EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 11:53 am

Has to be the Bulls. No one expected a 60+ win season from them

The Clippers. I predicted them to make the playoffs... they got fucked up by injuries to Kaman & EG.

Knicks v.s Celtics Cool
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: End of the Regular Season   End of the Regular Season EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 5:52 pm

The Chicago Bulls 60 win and winning the top seed

HM:Portland Trail Blazers

Sacramento moving to South California. Honestly, it was a dumb move but hey, it could pay off if the team plays well but i doubt it...

Idk about the third...
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

Male Posts : 5845

PostSubject: Re: End of the Regular Season   End of the Regular Season EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 6:11 pm

Boston's trade of Perkins.
HM: Utah's total transformation (firing Sloan/trading Williams).
LA's five-game losing streak after a white-hot run following the All-Star break.
HM: LA losing both games to the Heat.
Trailblazers over the Mavs.
HM: Nuggets over the Thunder.
Back to top Go down
SO6P [KING]
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
SO6P [KING]

Male Posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: End of the Regular Season   End of the Regular Season EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 6:48 pm

Darko wrote:

Sacramento moving to South California. Honestly, it was a dumb move but hey, it could pay off if the team plays well but i doubt it...

Idk about the third...

Sasuke is better than Itachi.
Back to top Go down
Chosen One
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Chosen One

Male Posts : 3316

PostSubject: Re: End of the Regular Season   End of the Regular Season EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 7:44 pm

King wrote:
Darko wrote:

Idk about the third...

Sasuke is better than Itachi.

HELL NO Razz
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: End of the Regular Season   End of the Regular Season EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 8:19 pm

EVERYBODY SUCK MY DICK

Who said that the Bulls would win the title?
Before the season?
Hmmm?
THIS GUY.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: End of the Regular Season   End of the Regular Season EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 8:19 pm

PS, I wasn't saying they won. But I'm saying top record isn't all too surprising to me
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

Male Posts : 5845

PostSubject: Re: End of the Regular Season   End of the Regular Season EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 8:47 pm

Raza wrote:
EVERYBODY SUCK MY DICK

Well...as long as I don't look up, it's not gay.
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: End of the Regular Season   End of the Regular Season EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 9:04 pm

The Bulls and their amazing season.
Rose stepping up big time and leading the Bulls to that level of success.
When they obtained Boozer in the off-season along with Korver, Brewer...I did not think much of it at the time since the Heat stacked up their roster and the acquisitions the Bulls made seemed minor in comparison to me at the time. I honestly did not expect them to win 60 games...impressive job on their part though!

Sloan resigning and the Jazz becoming a non-playoff team in no time.
I have a feeling that D-Will had a part in Sloan's resignation which disappoints me because he was such a great coach. He was one of those coaches that could do so much with subpar/decent roster.

As well, Triano keeping his job for an entire season. I know the Raptors had nothing to work with but his coaching did not help the situation at all. Plus, he is losing respect of some of the players (e.g. Julian Wright) and cannot seem to motivate his guys better (e.g. Bargnani, Calderon).

Hmm...maybe Knicks vs. Celtics if Boston doesn't get it together.
I could see that happening.

Also, I HOPE TO GOD this does not happen but if we don't have Gino for the entire series...this could be a tough one for the Spurs....
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: End of the Regular Season   End of the Regular Season EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 9:22 pm

If the Bulls season surprised anyone then I think it would best suited for you to retire from partaking in basketball discussions.

The biggest surprise is the post-Carmelo-trade nuggets.

What disappointed you the most? Honestly, Kevin Durant. I know I expected him to improve upon last seasons numbers, match them at the least, but instead he is -3 in PPG, -.5 SPG, -.1 apg, - 1 RPG, 3 pt % is down, FT% down, FG% is down. His team win % is up, which is good, but with the hype around him last summer leaves me disappointed.

Who is your lock for an upset in the playoffs? Pacers>bulls in 7. I don't really believe it, but Hibbert will cause some problems for whatshisface and whatshisname.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: End of the Regular Season   End of the Regular Season EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 12:42 pm

Truth searcher wrote:
If the Bulls season surprised anyone then I think it would best suited for you to retire from partaking in basketball discussions.

The biggest surprise is the post-Carmelo-trade nuggets.

I found all of that pretty funny.

You honestly thought the Bulls would finish with the best record in the league? HONESTLY? Because... on January 17th when the Bulls were 28-13, you said "the bulls just aren't good enough. they haven't convinced anybody" When people were talkin about Rose for MVP. Now you're saying that you're not surprised at all that they're the best regular season team this year? get the fuck outta here. before the season started, most people had them at around 52 wins, 4th seed in the East. when they found out Boozer was gonna miss over a month, they said about 50 wins. Then when Noah got injured, people thought they would finish no higher than 3rd. Now they're #1 overall and you're not shocked at all. Bullshit.

And your biggest surprise is the nuggets post melo? The one thing most people were saying after the trade, including most people on this forum, is that the Nuggets team looks better without Melo and that they have a bright future.

So you're surprised about something that most people saw coming... but everyone else shoud not be" partaking in basketball discussions."

nice Visa.
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

Male Posts : 5401

PostSubject: Re: End of the Regular Season   End of the Regular Season EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 12:46 pm

Visa you are so predictable lol.

P.S You suck at trying to act smart.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: End of the Regular Season   End of the Regular Season EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 1:00 pm

Raza wrote:
PS, I wasn't saying they won. But I'm saying top record isn't all too surprising to me

picking them to win the title is one thing... picking them to have the best record is another.

you had them at 3rd in the East and 5th best overall. right now, they're #1 overall.

but, you did give the Bulls a shit load of credit/hype/w/e you wanna call it before the season started. More than anyone on here, more than anyone I say on ESPN, NBATV and even people in Chicago.

So yeah, maybe to you it isn't as shocking that the Bulls have the best record haha.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: End of the Regular Season   End of the Regular Season EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 1:02 pm

I said they won't win anything because they would have to play LA and boozer vs LA is no good. Did I pick them as regular season champs? Yes I did. And after the first few games then people starting jocking denver but immediately after the trade?! That was too unprodictable. Quote anybody who predicted it, on this forum or not. So nenad; the guy who had washington winning 40, be quiet. @ Chris your mother sucks.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: End of the Regular Season   End of the Regular Season EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 1:13 pm

Truth searcher wrote:
I said they won't win anything because they would have to play LA and boozer vs LA is no good. Did I pick them as regular season champs? Yes I did. And after the first few games then people starting jocking denver but immediately after the trade?! That was too unprodictable. Quote anybody who predicted it, on this forum or not. So nenad; the guy who had washington winning 40, be quiet. @ Chris your mother sucks.

..... When did you EVER say they would be regular season champs? That's complete Bullshit cuz probably no one in the world has them as the #1 seed overall unless they were a really biased Bulls fan.

You said, the Bulls weren't good enough and haven't convinced anybody and that you haven't bought into them... when they were already showing people they were good. How the fuck did you think they would be the best team before the season even started?

I had WAS winning 38 before the season started. that's not really a lot of games. That was saying that the wizards were gonna be bad, but not terrible. They just ended up being terrible again.

https://realbasketballtalk.forumotion.com/t7193p15-does-anyone-else-really-like-this-current-nuggets-team?highlight=nuggets

That thread, a lot of people gave the Nuggets love. King of all people even said they would be 5th seed... and they are.

Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: End of the Regular Season   End of the Regular Season EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 2:11 pm

When I say ' buy in' I'm talking championship. Now if you recall, when that thread was made, the talk on ESPN was championship. I had not bought in to that point. And the trade happened on the 21st thread was made on the 26th.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: End of the Regular Season   End of the Regular Season EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 2:18 pm

Just was looking in the predictions thing..I don't think I posted one..or you didnt post it on the main thingy.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: End of the Regular Season   End of the Regular Season EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 2:21 pm

Truth searcher wrote:
Bulls N' Bears wrote:
huh? Without ANY seriousness? Boozer missed a month, Noah has missed a month, we have no SG, only one threat at the outside [Korver] but he's pretty streaky at times and the bulls still win games. He wills the Bulls to victories. If you wanna look at stats, his are pretty good. He's the only one in the league that's top 10 in PPG and APG and is grabbing about 4.5 boards per game.

he SHOULD be considered... idk what you're talking about.
the bulls just aren't good enough. they haven't convinced anybody.

who's talking about championship? It was talk about Rose being MVP. You were saying the Bulls aren't good enough... so that's why Rose shouldn't be talked about for MVP. if you didn't think the bulls were good enough for rose to be MVP, how did you think they would be the best team in the league? Makes NO sense, visa.

ooooooooo 5 days after the trade when the nuggets played only 2 games. People still thought they were going to be good.
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

Male Posts : 5401

PostSubject: Re: End of the Regular Season   End of the Regular Season EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 2:25 pm

<3 too Visa Smile
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: End of the Regular Season   End of the Regular Season EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 2:42 pm

Bulls N' Bears wrote:
Truth searcher wrote:
Bulls N' Bears wrote:
huh? Without ANY seriousness? Boozer missed a month, Noah has missed a month, we have no SG, only one threat at the outside [Korver] but he's pretty streaky at times and the bulls still win games. He wills the Bulls to victories. If you wanna look at stats, his are pretty good. He's the only one in the league that's top 10 in PPG and APG and is grabbing about 4.5 boards per game.

he SHOULD be considered... idk what you're talking about.
the bulls just aren't good enough. they haven't convinced anybody.

who's talking about championship? It was talk about Rose being MVP. You were saying the Bulls aren't good enough... so that's why Rose shouldn't be talked about for MVP. if you didn't think the bulls were good enough for rose to be MVP, how did you think they would be the best team in the league? Makes NO sense, visa.

ooooooooo 5 days after the trade when the nuggets played only 2 games. People still thought they were going to be good.
Your acting like because I made a pre-season prediction that I can't critique mid-season. Its not like i'm a bulls fan, so i'm not in fan mode all the time. Even if it doesn't go with my prediction I will critique it because I like basketball, I don't care about teams not named the Wizards. Which is more surprising to you; a you team losing 26 PPG, 7 RPG, +22 eff off their roster and doing better or a team who had won 41 last year, Rose, Noah and gibson all another year better, and just acquired Boozer,Korver and Brewer, and becoming a 2 seed? Even if I had them at the 2 seed; when your at the 2, the 1 is not a surprise.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: End of the Regular Season   End of the Regular Season Empty

Back to top Go down

End of the Regular Season
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next