Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Melo to knicks. done deal.

Go down 
+14
Rush
Snow.
wallshingtonwizard
Mo
SO6P [KING]
Quality
Straight Edge Bluntness
No Longer DEAD
Nick C
Tar Heel
Abdu
Fox News
Raza
BNB
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

Melo to knicks. done deal. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Melo to knicks. done deal.   Melo to knicks. done deal. - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 11:28 pm

First topic message reminder :

Nuggets get: Felton, Chandler, Gallo, Mozgov, 2014 1st round pick and 2 nd round picks, 3 Million in cash

Knicks geT: Melo, Billups and few more that don't matter, Corey Brewer from MIN

MIN gets: Curry, Anthony Randolph

FINALLY!!!

now I don't have to hear about it anymore

Last edited by Bulls N' Bears on Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:42 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Snow.
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Snow.

Male Posts : 685

PostSubject: Re: Melo to knicks. done deal.   Melo to knicks. done deal. - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 6:03 pm

Melo #7 from reports
rumours had it that he was going to wear #13 (Closest to 15) or #30 (
Back to top Go down
Chosen One
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Chosen One

Male Posts : 3316

PostSubject: Re: Melo to knicks. done deal.   Melo to knicks. done deal. - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 6:03 pm

I wish I can say that im surprised....... :/

I wish all the best for the Knicks because now they can finally be a legit team in the east, but Im still getting sick of all this superstar leaving crap

The new CBA better address this because if they don't the NBA will turn into a 10 team league
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

Male Posts : 8873

PostSubject: Re: Melo to knicks. done deal.   Melo to knicks. done deal. - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 6:52 pm

I think the Knicks gave up too much in this deal

Felton was a near all-star at PG this year, Gallinari and Chandler both great pieces to the future and average 16PPG and are only getting better. Mozgov has alot of promise. They didn't do much in New York but after trading Curry and Randolph they now lose their tradeable assets to further improve the team

it's great the Knicks got Melo but ESPN trade machine predicts a slight 2 win increase which isnt much considering the magnitude for the deal

It undermines alot of the work Donnie Walsh has done and traded the pieces he used to build the Knicks.

They traded too much and a 51 PPG average for Melo who helps the Knicks but doesnt deserve a real need

Knicks downgraded their PG position since Billups is old and not a Dantoni style PG, lost depth, and got smaller rather than bigger with interior depth

their bench is Toney Douglas, Shawne Williams, Bill Walker, and Corey Brewer. They have no big depth their at all and no backup PG still
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: Melo to knicks. done deal.   Melo to knicks. done deal. - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 6:58 pm

and if Chris Paul goes to the Knicks I hope not. This Big 3 trend is tiresome. I hate it. It's ruining the game.

It'll make it like the MLB where every star from a smaller market flees to a big market team and we'll see only 5-6 teams with a shot at winning.

I dont like how the Melo trade was handled and I'm hoping the CBA won't allow for this Big 3 trend to continue. It'd be great to see a good amount of teams with 1 or 2 stars but the Big 3 thing is ridiculous
Back to top Go down
EM:)
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Male Posts : 6319

PostSubject: Re: Melo to knicks. done deal.   Melo to knicks. done deal. - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 7:02 pm

Toney Douglas is prolly gonna play like he did when he started last year now. Close to his 15 PPG as a starter last year and big games off bench. The bench lives and dies with him. I've hardly ever seen Williams make a basket outside of a 3, Walker hardly ever plays (1 of them will not be retained), Brewer is good, and I'm happy getting Balkman back he is a momentum changer and high energy guy.

We still need a C or 2. We still need a backup PG. I am not happy with all that we gave up. But I can see NY getting Gallo back one day only if Mike D'Antoni and Walsh stay in NY. Vittorio Gallinari's relationship with Coach D'Antoni is a great asset to a reunion of this magnitude.

We are not done. Now we have to try and fill what I've mentioned and then waive the fodder like Anthony Carter and Shelden Williams. Cause well they suck and suck hard.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Melo to knicks. done deal.   Melo to knicks. done deal. - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 7:05 pm

cbi wrote:
They're gonna get CP3 or Dwill no doubt it looks like.

That's what I thought too.

But I completely ignored the salary cap. If the current CBA is in place in 2012 [which it won't be] how would they get one of those guys? Melo/Amar'e alone would be taking up over 40 million dollars in cap space. The Knicks would have to COMPLETELY empty out their roster by 2012 or else they wouldn't be able to get CP or D will.

We don't know the details of the new CBA yet, obviously... but it sounds like the Knicks won't be in position to get CP or D. Will.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Melo to knicks. done deal.   Melo to knicks. done deal. - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 7:09 pm

That's why we should trade Billups now for a PG more suited for this team before Billups leaves us or Dolan undercuts Walsh again if Walsh is even there and they just buy him out. We need a Nash, Curry, or even Udrih and/or Flynn. I would've loved D.Will in NY (not so much CP3), but I'm fine if it doesn't happen.

We got to address the problems we have now.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Melo to knicks. done deal.   Melo to knicks. done deal. - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 7:10 pm

Or the Knicks could end up getting Felton back somehow hahaha
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: Melo to knicks. done deal.   Melo to knicks. done deal. - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 7:17 pm

Also alot of owners are upset about this and feeling players have too much power in controlling where they go. In the CBA they will try to do alot to insure players don't have as much power and things such as the Miami Heat's Big 3 have a lesser chance of occuring which would hurt the Knicks chances at getting CP3 and creating their own Big 3
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Melo to knicks. done deal.   Melo to knicks. done deal. - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 7:19 pm

That too but its highly unlikely. Haha imagine if he somehow finds his way back on the Charlotte Bobcats. This time he'd have a 2 yr contract for $15.8 million that would be funny. That Charlotte gets him back and didnt want to pay him I'd laugh
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Melo to knicks. done deal.   Melo to knicks. done deal. - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 7:43 pm

world renowned Carnegie Deli has a "Melo sandwich" already. I want to try it.
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Melo to knicks. done deal.   Melo to knicks. done deal. - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 10:40 pm

King Of NJ wrote:

Felton was a near all-star at PG this year, Gallinari and Chandler both great pieces to the future and average 16PPG and are only getting better. Mozgov has alot of promise. They didn't do much in New York but after trading Curry and Randolph they now lose their tradeable assets to further improve the team

it's great the Knicks got Melo but ESPN trade machine predicts a slight 2 win increase which isnt much considering the magnitude for the deal

It undermines alot of the work Donnie Walsh has done and traded the pieces he used to build the Knicks.

They traded too much and a 51 PPG average for Melo who helps the Knicks but doesnt deserve a real need

Knicks downgraded their PG position since Billups is old and not a Dantoni style PG, lost depth, and got smaller rather than bigger with interior depth

their bench is Toney Douglas, Shawne Williams, Bill Walker, and Corey Brewer. They have no big depth their at all and no backup PG still
See this is what I thought at first too, but then you just gotta figure that its not their goal to win this year. Its to get CP3 or Dwill and start a dynasty.
I know cap space is gonna play a part, but couldnt a sign and trade just solve all those problems. kinda like how the heat got lbj and bosh max contracts w/ their sign and trades.
Back to top Go down
SO6P [KING]
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
SO6P [KING]

Male Posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: Melo to knicks. done deal.   Melo to knicks. done deal. - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 10:55 pm

cbi wrote:
King Of NJ wrote:

See this is what I thought at first too, but then you just gotta figure that its not their goal to win this year. Its to get CP3 or Dwill and start a dynasty.
I know cap space is gonna play a part, but couldnt a sign and trade just solve all those problems. kinda like how the heat got lbj and bosh max contracts w/ their sign and trades.

There's something called a CBA coming..
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: Melo to knicks. done deal.   Melo to knicks. done deal. - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 10:58 pm

So a CBA is gonna prevent sign and trades? mhm...
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Melo to knicks. done deal.   Melo to knicks. done deal. - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 11:00 pm

Bulls N' Bears wrote:
cbi wrote:
They're gonna get CP3 or Dwill no doubt it looks like.

That's what I thought too.

But I completely ignored the salary cap. If the current CBA is in place in 2012 [which it won't be] how would they get one of those guys? Melo/Amar'e alone would be taking up over 40 million dollars in cap space. The Knicks would have to COMPLETELY empty out their roster by 2012 or else they wouldn't be able to get CP or D will.

We don't know the details of the new CBA yet, obviously... but it sounds like the Knicks won't be in position to get CP or D. Will.
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: Melo to knicks. done deal.   Melo to knicks. done deal. - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 11:02 pm

Quoting yourself doesnt inform me. I really dont know the details of the cba cause im not interested in it at all :/
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Melo to knicks. done deal.   Melo to knicks. done deal. - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 11:05 pm

I don't think anyone is interested in the details of the CBA except people in the NBA. but it's good to know.

and it's VERY doubtful that the Knicks would be able to get CP or D. Will.

Miami had to clear pretty much ALL of their cap space to bring in LBJ, Wade and Bosh... and they all took a minor pay cut.

That won't happen with NY
Back to top Go down
SO6P [KING]
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
SO6P [KING]

PostSubject: Re: Melo to knicks. done deal.   Melo to knicks. done deal. - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 11:46 pm

cbi wrote:
So a CBA is gonna prevent sign and trades? mhm...

Super teams won't exist with the CBA.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Melo to knicks. done deal.   Melo to knicks. done deal. - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 11:53 pm

super teams won't exist.

but super DUPER teams will!!

I feel 5 now.
Back to top Go down
SO6P [KING]
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
SO6P [KING]

PostSubject: Re: Melo to knicks. done deal.   Melo to knicks. done deal. - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 12:29 am

Bulls N' Bears wrote:
super teams won't exist.

I feel 5 now.

Retard, no they will not
Also, do you think the Bulls will trade for OJ Mayo tomorrow?
Back to top Go down
Snow.
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Snow.

Male Posts : 685

PostSubject: Re: Melo to knicks. done deal.   Melo to knicks. done deal. - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 4:47 am

im more pissed off at the fact that he is wearing #7!?

no swagger what so ever.

Rose and Mayo will make one of the sickest backcourts
but what does Bulls have that Grizzlies want?
do the yhave picks? or young bigmen like TAJ GIBSON
lol would that be a good trade, Trojan for Trojan
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Melo to knicks. done deal.   Melo to knicks. done deal. - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 9:36 am

King wrote:
Bulls N' Bears wrote:
super teams won't exist.

I feel 5 now.

Retard, no they will not
Also, do you think the Bulls will trade for OJ Mayo tomorrow?

You need to learn how to spot a joke.

and i think the bulls will want to and will try to trade for Mayo. I just don't think it'll happen. I read that the Grizzlies think his stock is too low to trade him now. They wanna wait until they can get a lot in return before they let him go.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: Melo to knicks. done deal.   Melo to knicks. done deal. - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 11:24 am

I still don't know what this whole CBA nonsense is

BUTTTT...
JR stepped up
Lawson stepped up
Afflalo stepped up
BIRDMAN SCORED 15 GOD DAMN POINTS
I actually like our chances...even for the future.

Two young PGs, Felton and Lawson
Two young SGs, JR and Afflalo
Two young SFs, Gallo and Chandler
Our dinosaur PFs, K-Mart and Harrington
Two young Cs, Nene and Mozgov

And I'm pretty sure we still have Forbes and Ely
And we traded for Koufos (who will probably spend some time with Ely at PF)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Melo to knicks. done deal.   Melo to knicks. done deal. - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Melo to knicks. done deal.
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3