Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Tell me how exactly how Micheal Jordan is better than these players.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Abdu
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Abdu

Male Posts : 2595

Tell me how exactly how Micheal Jordan is better than these players. Empty
PostSubject: Tell me how exactly how Micheal Jordan is better than these players.   Tell me how exactly how Micheal Jordan is better than these players. EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 3:25 pm

Kareem Abdul Jabbar

Magic Johnson

Hakeem Olajuwon

Larry Bird

I've been thinking about this lately... and am really starting to think people overrate Jordan. I'm not asking you to compare him to them.... just tell me why you rank him above them.

Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: Tell me how exactly how Micheal Jordan is better than these players.   Tell me how exactly how Micheal Jordan is better than these players. EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 4:54 pm

I don't rank him above them.

I'm officially done with ranking elite players who are retired.

I have favorite players and that's it.

For every quality Jordan has over the players listed above, they have qualities that Jordan doesn't have... including simple stuff like height and weight or shooting range, to the more difficult issues like the era of competition and rule changes. You can compare any great player and they have weaknesses/strengths to other great players.

The thing is that everyone has roles. Even superstars. The star players role is to consistently get their team to the finish line, regardless of competition, adversity and fatigue. You still have to win big games. You still have to be the last man (or woman) standing. Jordan did that... a lot... versus great players, as did the players listed above.

To say Jordan is overrated is basically a very weak argument. It holds no water. It's a lame way to take away what a great player has accomplished during their career. I see that more nowadays then ever.

I don't get why?

If you think Jordan is overrated... I dunno'... you have to figure that out yourself.

I don't buy it.

Back to top Go down
Abdu
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Abdu

Male Posts : 2595

PostSubject: Re: Tell me how exactly how Micheal Jordan is better than these players.   Tell me how exactly how Micheal Jordan is better than these players. EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 5:27 pm

I didn't say he's overrated... I said I'm starting to think people overrate him.
Back to top Go down
moshemcrib (sackingsrule)
College Baller
College Baller
moshemcrib (sackingsrule)

Male Posts : 127

PostSubject: Re: Tell me how exactly how Micheal Jordan is better than these players.   Tell me how exactly how Micheal Jordan is better than these players. EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 7:03 pm

hes not... most nba fans now that say he is, just heard it and stuck with it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/moshemcrib
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

PostSubject: Re: Tell me how exactly how Micheal Jordan is better than these players.   Tell me how exactly how Micheal Jordan is better than these players. EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 7:34 pm

moshemcrib (sackingsrule) wrote:
hes not... most nba fans now that say he is, just heard it and stuck with it.

hahaha that's funny. A lot of people, former players and coaches included, that saw all of these guys play say that MJ is the best... yet you're 13 and you think u can give an accurate answer...
--------------------------------

Anyway... I agree with what Nick said. Each of those guys can something than the other one can't. I guess you can argue Kareem/Hakeem since they both played C... but Magic, Bird and MJ all played different positions and had a different style of play... but they were all amazing at playing basketball. It's impossible to say who was the best... not even if they played one-on-one cuz one-on-one isn't everyones game...

it basically comes down to your personal opinion...
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Tell me how exactly how Micheal Jordan is better than these players.   Tell me how exactly how Micheal Jordan is better than these players. EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 8:03 pm

It comes down to a personal opinion

It's impossible to rank them.IMO,there are too many players that can be ranked as the best player ever.They all play different positions,have different roles,skill sets,abilities and so on.

But they are at the end,judged based on their performances in the big games,winning,career resumes.It's also a key factor on what you base your argument on.At the end,it's a matter of personal opinion.

I decided once,that not one but dozens of players can be praised as the greatest ever overall or in some category but it's just what do you think on them.So when i say,Player A is the best in something,i always use arguably

So,it's the finest to rank them on their respective positions with players of those spots.And for the G.O.A.T debate,it's only matter of opinion
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tell me how exactly how Micheal Jordan is better than these players.   Tell me how exactly how Micheal Jordan is better than these players. Empty

Back to top Go down

Tell me how exactly how Micheal Jordan is better than these players.
Page 1 of 1