Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Rudy Gay Files to change his name on jersey

Go down 
+8
YS
Straight Edge Bluntness
cbi
Chosen One
wallshingtonwizard
Nick C
EM:)
Snow.
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Snow.
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Snow.

Male Posts : 685

Rudy Gay Files to change his name on jersey Empty
PostSubject: Rudy Gay Files to change his name on jersey   Rudy Gay Files to change his name on jersey EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 7:05 pm

http://www.sportspickle.com/article:700/rudy-gay-files-paperwork-to-change-jersey-name

i dont know wether this is true or not... ? if he does change his name to like GAYE or something and gets signed by a good team i might buy his jersey next year...
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Male Posts : 6319

PostSubject: Re: Rudy Gay Files to change his name on jersey   Rudy Gay Files to change his name on jersey EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 7:07 pm

Rudy Gay is going to the Knicks it will be: Chris Bosh/Rudy Gay or Yao Ming/Rudy Gay.
Back to top Go down
Snow.
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Snow.

PostSubject: Re: Rudy Gay Files to change his name on jersey   Rudy Gay Files to change his name on jersey EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 7:12 pm

Tony EM: Defeat The World wrote:
Rudy Gay is going to the Knicks it will be: Chris Bosh/Rudy Gay or Yao Ming/Rudy Gay.

the knicks dont need another good big man.. David Lee is just fine and puts up better numbers than both of them on a good night, less injury prone. all they need is a good pg i reackon the nets should trade away devon harris + courtney lee for gallinari and chris duhon since the nets will get the number 1 pick (john wall) and since the nets are lacking someone at the powerfoward position/ big man to help out brook lopez with running the paint...

hopefully its something like this for nets and knicks

Knicks
pg - Devon Harris/ toney douglas
sg - tracy mcgrady gets signed a small deal 2-4 mill/ courtney lee
sf - rudy gay/ wilson chandler
pf - al harrington
c - david lee

Nets
pg - John Wall
sg - Terrence Williams
sf - Chris Douglas Roberts
pf - Danilo Gallinari
c - brooke lopez

that would be sick in about 2 years
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: Rudy Gay Files to change his name on jersey   Rudy Gay Files to change his name on jersey EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 7:12 pm

That's what Marvin Gaye did.

But I think this is a joke. I don't think it's a real article.

Last edited by Nick C on Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

I don't think he can do that unless he changed his last name.

I think he probably already went through his phase in grade school when everyone called him gay not because he is gay because he probably isn't, but because they want to make fun of him for being gay. Rudy Gay.
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
Chosen One
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Chosen One

Male Posts : 3316

PostSubject: Re: Rudy Gay Files to change his name on jersey   Rudy Gay Files to change his name on jersey EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 7:15 pm

Pussyslayer?

He should just put Rudy on the back......case closed
Back to top Go down
Snow.
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Snow.

PostSubject: Re: Rudy Gay Files to change his name on jersey   Rudy Gay Files to change his name on jersey EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 7:17 pm

or GAYE that would be sick... "RUDY" on the back is jsut too.. douchie unless he had a nickname like pistol pete did
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Rudy Gay Files to change his name on jersey   Rudy Gay Files to change his name on jersey EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 7:18 pm

Yeah.. if you read the last 3 paragraphs this is obviously a joke article lol
Back to top Go down
Snow.
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Snow.

PostSubject: Re: Rudy Gay Files to change his name on jersey   Rudy Gay Files to change his name on jersey EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 7:20 pm

CBI wrote:
Yeah.. if you read the last 3 paragraphs this is obviously a joke article lol

yeah... they say 3 people bought it lol... how much people do you actually think have boughten it? all i know is that noone wears it at the games. its either MAYO, RANDOLPH and sometimes i even see the occasional Conley lmao.

or thabeet... nah jst playin lol
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Rudy Gay Files to change his name on jersey   Rudy Gay Files to change his name on jersey EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 7:24 pm

I hate Devin Harris first off. And 2nd off David Lee is great, but I would like him to progress defensively that's all that's missing from his game and playing the C position undersized and all may not pay off in becoming a better defender in the long run. On the defensive end he's been under mismatches and it would be great if we get a player that can play C, so that he moves on over to his naturalized position PF.

Mike D already stated that Tracy McGrady if kept is our PG. He will be played as a PG. And Chandler has played SG this season. Yet, when he really picked his play up in the stretch he's been averaging 18-20+ PPG has been as a SF. He is a natural SF. Rudy Gay can play 2G/SF. And we need a defender.

Al Harrington plays better as a 6th Man than starter.

PG. TRACY MCGRADY
SG. RUDY GAY
SF. WILSON CHANDLER
PF. DAVID LEE
C. CHRIS BOSH (or Yao Ming)

6. Danilo Gallinari - Danilo signed a contract extension this season. I'm sure the Nets don't want to get over the cap.

7. Al Harrington
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

PostSubject: Re: Rudy Gay Files to change his name on jersey   Rudy Gay Files to change his name on jersey EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 7:27 pm

I hate Devin Harris first off. And 2nd off David Lee is great, but I would like him to progress defensively that's all that's missing from his game and playing the C position undersized and all may not pay off in becoming a better defender in the long run. On the defensive end he's been under mismatches and it would be great if we get a player that can play C, so that he moves on over to his naturalized position PF.

Mike D already stated that Tracy McGrady if kept is our PG. He will be played as a PG. And Chandler has played SG this season. Yet, when he really picked his play up in the stretch he's been averaging 18-20+ PPG has been as a SF. He is a natural SF. Rudy Gay can play 2G/SF. And we need a defender.

Al Harrington plays better as a 6th Man than starter.

PG. TRACY MCGRADY
SG. RUDY GAY
SF. WILSON CHANDLER
PF. DAVID LEE
C. CHRIS BOSH (or Yao Ming)

6. Danilo Gallinari - Danilo signed a contract extension this season. I'm sure the Nets don't want to get over the cap.

7. Al Harrington

WTH?

Isn't this thread about Rudy's last name? If the Knicks got Gay (lol... sorry...) and only Bosh, I would consisder that a failure.

Last edited by Nick C on Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Rudy Gay Files to change his name on jersey   Rudy Gay Files to change his name on jersey EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 7:29 pm

Him and Snow are discussing Knicks, Nick lol
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

PostSubject: Re: Rudy Gay Files to change his name on jersey   Rudy Gay Files to change his name on jersey EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 7:31 pm

CBI wrote:
Him and Snow are discussing Knicks, Nick lol

Ah... got it.

Still. T-Mac at PG. Rudy Gay at SG? Bosh at C?

Yuck.
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Rudy Gay Files to change his name on jersey   Rudy Gay Files to change his name on jersey EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 7:33 pm

Yeah Bosh at Centre; eeeek.
I don't think it'd work considering he has played as PF for his NBA career.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Rudy Gay Files to change his name on jersey   Rudy Gay Files to change his name on jersey EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 7:37 pm

Mike D has made T-MAC our PG for the rest of the season and he's doing a pretty nice job of it as of now. He almost put up a triple-double doing so. Bosh is not a C, but he'll fare guarding C's better than Lee. Lee can do damage on the elite PF/C's in the game when he is on offense, but defensively he can't really stop them. Gay can be SF, but Chandler doesn't play well @ SG from what I've seen, but maybe if Gay comes along that would change. I just don't want Joe Johnson. He's getting up there in age.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Rudy Gay Files to change his name on jersey   Rudy Gay Files to change his name on jersey EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 7:38 pm

I wouldn't consider it a failure cause I'm not expecting to get LeBron or Wade. I really don't want Wade. If Roy would ever want to leave Portland early though I would jump if I was NY management to get him. He's amazing!!!
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

PostSubject: Re: Rudy Gay Files to change his name on jersey   Rudy Gay Files to change his name on jersey EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 7:59 pm

Sportspickle is a satire site...lol
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Rudy Gay Files to change his name on jersey   Rudy Gay Files to change his name on jersey EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 9:58 am

What?

No way...
Back to top Go down
Stefan
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Stefan

Male Posts : 940

PostSubject: Re: Rudy Gay Files to change his name on jersey   Rudy Gay Files to change his name on jersey EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 1:51 pm

I wouldn't consider it a failure cause I'm not expecting to get LeBron or Wade. I really don't want Wade. If Roy would ever want to leave Portland early though I would jump if I was NY management to get him. He's amazing!!!

Yes,you don't need Wade.He belongs to Heat.If he left the Heat it will rather be Chicago Bulls
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Rudy Gay Files to change his name on jersey   Rudy Gay Files to change his name on jersey EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 9:40 pm

No one can say anything bad about Rudolph Gay. Rudy is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G - He will continue to own and rule all when he leaves Memphis.
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

PostSubject: Re: Rudy Gay Files to change his name on jersey   Rudy Gay Files to change his name on jersey EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 9:46 pm

Rudy is nothing but a 3rd option..
You're in bad shape if he's ur 2nd option....let alone a 1st option...
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

PostSubject: Re: Rudy Gay Files to change his name on jersey   Rudy Gay Files to change his name on jersey EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 9:52 pm

rudy gay only a 3rd option?!?! are u serious?!

on a team that has a bunch of players that love to shoot.. Gay is averging 20 PPG shooting 47%

if he was the number 1-2 guy getting more shots, he would easily be up at 22-24 PPG
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Rudy Gay Files to change his name on jersey   Rudy Gay Files to change his name on jersey EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 9:55 pm

Thank you Nenad! The guy is amazing. Plus, he is a very skilled defender and like Nenad said he averages 20 PPG on a team that's trigger happy shooting @ 47%. Gay is the real deal, so much better than the likes of Iggy. If anyone is a 3rd option it's Iggy. If he's your 1st option your in trouble.
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

PostSubject: Re: Rudy Gay Files to change his name on jersey   Rudy Gay Files to change his name on jersey EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 10:15 pm

Do any of you guys honestly see a team winning with Rudy Gay as its #2 option?

I don't.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

PostSubject: Re: Rudy Gay Files to change his name on jersey   Rudy Gay Files to change his name on jersey EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 10:16 pm

he's the number 2 option right now...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rudy Gay Files to change his name on jersey   Rudy Gay Files to change his name on jersey Empty

Back to top Go down

Rudy Gay Files to change his name on jersey
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next