Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Which of these players will need to make the biggest comeback.

Go down 
+9
OhYouMadCuzImStylinOnYa?!
Raza
Straight Edge Bluntness
Tar Heel
Justin
Fox News
cbi
King Of NJ
Nick C
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

Which of these players will need to make the biggest comeback. Empty
PostSubject: Which of these players will need to make the biggest comeback.   Which of these players will need to make the biggest comeback. EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 8:41 pm

Elton Brand. 4 games under .500 with him, ended 4 games over .500 w/o him.

Al Jefferson. Had a great season. But is Big Al a leader? His injury came right when the Wolves went on a hot streak.

Eddy Curry. Did he even play last season? Dropped 30 pounds. Homie was *chokes* 340 pounds! Good lawd!

Allen Iverson. If you saw what I saw. You saw a guy that didn't care anymore.

Michael Redd. Is he a done deal? Is he Allan Houston 2.0?

Give me anyone else that's got a lot to prove.
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

Male Posts : 8873

PostSubject: Re: Which of these players will need to make the biggest comeback.   Which of these players will need to make the biggest comeback. EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 8:43 pm

Al Jefferson

he's young and has a chance to be something really special. He's the TWolves centerpeice right now.

The other players you listened are not the #1 guy for the future and now of their current teams. Jefferson is to Minnesota and he's too important to them
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Which of these players will need to make the biggest comeback.   Which of these players will need to make the biggest comeback. EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 8:43 pm

It's definatly AI... I saw what you saw.
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: Which of these players will need to make the biggest comeback.   Which of these players will need to make the biggest comeback. EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 8:47 pm

Yeah I don't know if Jefferson is just a really good player or if he's a franchise player. I really like Al's game. One of the few back to the basket guys still out there.

AI was sad man... he just looked like he could't wait till the season was over... in fact he didn't. He took off. I hope he lands in Miami... I know, bad fit. But I hope he lands on some team with real playoff expectation and can revitalize his career.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Which of these players will need to make the biggest comeback.   Which of these players will need to make the biggest comeback. EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 8:51 pm

None of those. Gilber arenas. He stays injured he DEFINETLY has something to prove
Back to top Go down
Justin
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Justin

Male Posts : 1415

PostSubject: Re: Which of these players will need to make the biggest comeback.   Which of these players will need to make the biggest comeback. EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 8:53 pm

I think that Michael Redd Needs to bouce back the most, He is the Best player on his team and they don't have a fat chance without him.
I also think that when he is playing 100% he is a top ten player
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

Male Posts : 8873

PostSubject: Re: Which of these players will need to make the biggest comeback.   Which of these players will need to make the biggest comeback. EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 8:55 pm

Nick C wrote:
Yeah I don't know if Jefferson is just a really good player or if he's a franchise player. I really like Al's game. One of the few back to the basket guys still out there.

AI was sad man... he just looked like he could't wait till the season was over... in fact he didn't. He took off. I hope he lands in Miami... I know, bad fit. But I hope he lands on some team with real playoff expectation and can revitalize his career.

Ive always admired Iverson's play though

A guy who's only 6 foot tall in the NBA who can score 30 PPG in one season and play like he does with such toughness

When he was in Philly it was a joy seeing him play. He played hard all the time and had to respect the way he played as such a little guy. The 2001 season was a season to remember,and Iverson was on a mission that year. He led Philly to the Finals
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

Male Posts : 5845

PostSubject: Re: Which of these players will need to make the biggest comeback.   Which of these players will need to make the biggest comeback. EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 9:10 pm

I think Jefferson is the Wolves' franchise player. He needs to make a huge comeback, because I actually think the T-Wolves can be contenders for a playoff spot if the team's healthy.
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Which of these players will need to make the biggest comeback.   Which of these players will need to make the biggest comeback. EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 9:19 pm

Micheal Redd - despite being a very good player, he has been under the radar for most of his career because of his injuries and because he i son the Bucks (no offense to Bucks fans at all). I think this season should be his comeback season; otherwise, he will be viewed as the player that had a crudload of potential but unable to fully capitalize on it.

Allen Iverson - this guy was hyped up by the NBA/media as one of the best players in the NBA for a while and received many endorsements, commercials, etc. He even won the scoring title but aside from that, what else has he accomplished in the NBA. He had a few good seasons with the Sixers but as soon as he was traded to the Nuggets, his inability to lead a team to success was clearly evident. Going to Detriot pretty much ruined his career because all of his weaknesses were essentially exposed. Whatever teamhe ends up on, he needs to show that he can effectively lead a team to success. Otherwise, his career is pretty much over.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: Which of these players will need to make the biggest comeback.   Which of these players will need to make the biggest comeback. EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 9:21 pm

Al Jefferson.

Brand, Iverson, and Redd are all certified all-stars. They are great players and have already proved that they have what it takes. They don't need to prove anymore that much.

Eddy Curry doesn't have as much to prove as Jefferson, because Jefferson has to prove that he is a leader and can lead the T-Wolves. Before his injury, he was doing great. Now he needs to do great after it.
Back to top Go down
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar

Female Posts : 11937

PostSubject: Re: Which of these players will need to make the biggest comeback.   Which of these players will need to make the biggest comeback. EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 10:22 pm

Al Jefferson, it was unfortunate that he got injured when he did. I wanna see how far he can take this team after his injury.

I kind of agree with steph on Gilbert Arenas. People say that the Wizards will improve next year and make the playoffs, if Arenas can stay healthy for most of the season then I can see them making it in 2010.
Back to top Go down
Neil
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Neil

Male Posts : 996

PostSubject: Re: Which of these players will need to make the biggest comeback.   Which of these players will need to make the biggest comeback. EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 10:26 pm

Al Jefferson. but he is really good as is. but he still has a lot to improve on
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: Which of these players will need to make the biggest comeback.   Which of these players will need to make the biggest comeback. EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 10:27 pm

Neil, that's not making a comeback, that's called getting better.
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

Male Posts : 14345

PostSubject: Re: Which of these players will need to make the biggest comeback.   Which of these players will need to make the biggest comeback. EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 3:13 am

Al Jefferson needs to make the biggest comeback. The man was putting up good numbers before his unfortunate injury, With the Franchise player in Al i think if the Minnesota Timberwolves if healthy can really compete and fight for a playoff spot against the playoff caliber teams in the west. The man is already underrated as is and with the team going on a hot streak when they went down looks bad. But look for him to come out strong next year and help his team battle in the wild wild west.

I also agree with the users who mentioned Gilbert Arenas, i think the man has extreme bad luck with the all injuries that headed his way in his career. I think hes played like 20 games in like 2 years. You already saw what the wizards play like without their Franchise player Arenas , they lose like 87% of their games and embarrass themselves on national television. I think if he comes back healthy along with their Center Brenden Haywood they can make some serious damage and fight for a play spot along already improved teams from last year.
Back to top Go down
http://www.justin.tv/kobefanz/profile
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: Which of these players will need to make the biggest comeback.   Which of these players will need to make the biggest comeback. EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 3:29 am

damn KB you really argued those out. I dont think I could actually suggest somebody else after reading those paragraphs. your longest post by far. maybe best too.

one player that a comeback would be cool for is Stephon Marbury. He is very interesting
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

PostSubject: Re: Which of these players will need to make the biggest comeback.   Which of these players will need to make the biggest comeback. EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 3:31 am

LOL WCB theres like 10 more i did look around
thx btw
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Which of these players will need to make the biggest comeback.   Which of these players will need to make the biggest comeback. EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 3:37 am

I just realized the only other long post in this thread is from another canadian (SRF). you just like to write up there huh.
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

PostSubject: Re: Which of these players will need to make the biggest comeback.   Which of these players will need to make the biggest comeback. EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 3:49 am

LOL nah it just look better
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Which of these players will need to make the biggest comeback.   Which of these players will need to make the biggest comeback. EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 3:54 am

yes it does. on YA I posted long ass answers all de time
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Which of these players will need to make the biggest comeback.   Which of these players will need to make the biggest comeback. EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 8:04 am

Jeferson for sure
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which of these players will need to make the biggest comeback.   Which of these players will need to make the biggest comeback. Empty

Back to top Go down

Which of these players will need to make the biggest comeback.
Page 1 of 1