Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Who is the best at ball hogging in the NBA history?

Go down 
+6
King Of NJ
Raza
brownie13
KD35
cbi
Naif
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Naif
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

Male Posts : 2691

Who is the best at ball hogging in the NBA history? Empty
PostSubject: Who is the best at ball hogging in the NBA history?   Who is the best at ball hogging in the NBA history? EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 9:39 am

tell me! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best at ball hogging in the NBA history?   Who is the best at ball hogging in the NBA history? EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 4:05 pm

Kobe Cryant

Umm.. In all seriousness I would take ... uhh.. Nate Robinson? lol

Edit:
haha thatta boy J! I wrote "Kobm.e" and it didn't work! You put in those censors! Smile

Last edited by CBI on Thu Sep 03, 2009 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best at ball hogging in the NBA history?   Who is the best at ball hogging in the NBA history? EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 4:08 pm

Lebron Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

Male Posts : 6732

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best at ball hogging in the NBA history?   Who is the best at ball hogging in the NBA history? EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 4:10 pm

Kobe
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best at ball hogging in the NBA history?   Who is the best at ball hogging in the NBA history? EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 4:14 pm

Lebron is the best ballhoger, but Kobe is the best producer while ballhogging.
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best at ball hogging in the NBA history?   Who is the best at ball hogging in the NBA history? EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 4:20 pm

How are either a ball hog?

both pass when it's needed.. especially LeBron. Hell LeBron has said it many times he would rather have a 15 pt, 15 assist game over a 40 pt, 3 assist game any day of the week.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best at ball hogging in the NBA history?   Who is the best at ball hogging in the NBA history? EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 4:23 pm

Lebron is a ball hog, watch the playoffs, he screwed up the offense for holding the ball too long, they even show it on ESPN.

Kobe isn't a ball hog, but what i'm saying if he hogged the ball for the whole game, he'd produce better numbers than Lebron.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best at ball hogging in the NBA history?   Who is the best at ball hogging in the NBA history? EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 4:24 pm

Ron Burgundy wrote:
Lebron is the best ballhoger, but Kobe is the best producer while ballhogging.

lebron shoots a higher percentage. explain.
Back to top Go down
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best at ball hogging in the NBA history?   Who is the best at ball hogging in the NBA history? EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 4:28 pm

um i wasnt saying kobe is a ballhog i was just testing if i could write Kobe and rhat it was cemsored like cbi said lols
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best at ball hogging in the NBA history?   Who is the best at ball hogging in the NBA history? EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 4:32 pm

It is hard to take FG% into play because Lebrons shooting FG% is significantly lower than his driving to the rim FG%.

Whereas Kobe is more all around, his FG% is consistent through everything plus they play two different positions
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best at ball hogging in the NBA history?   Who is the best at ball hogging in the NBA history? EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 4:53 pm

Neither Kobe or Lebron are ballhogs. Kobe used to ballhog a lot, but not anymore. I don't really think Lebron ever did.

I dunno about in NBA history, but Nate Robinson and Larry Hughes pop out to me the most. Around two seasons ago, unfortuantly I will have to say Carmelo Anthony.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best at ball hogging in the NBA history?   Who is the best at ball hogging in the NBA history? EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 4:53 pm

Raza wrote:
Neither Kobe or Lebron are ballhogs. Kobe used to ballhog a lot, but not anymore. I don't really think Lebron ever did.

I dunno about in NBA history, but Nate Robinson and Larry Hughes pop out to me the most. Around two seasons ago, unfortuantly I will have to say Carmelo Anthony.

Or Allen Iverson in his 76er days..
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best at ball hogging in the NBA history?   Who is the best at ball hogging in the NBA history? EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 4:56 pm

AI has always averaged a lot of assists.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best at ball hogging in the NBA history?   Who is the best at ball hogging in the NBA history? EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 4:58 pm

Look at his ball usage back in his 76er days, he always had the ball in his hands..

Plus even if you cut his pts in half, he'd still have more pts than assists.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best at ball hogging in the NBA history?   Who is the best at ball hogging in the NBA history? EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 5:03 pm

Ron Burgundy wrote:

Same with Kobe, Lebron, and Wade.
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

Male Posts : 8873

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best at ball hogging in the NBA history?   Who is the best at ball hogging in the NBA history? EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 5:04 pm

Ben Gordon
Back to top Go down
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best at ball hogging in the NBA history?   Who is the best at ball hogging in the NBA history? EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 5:04 pm

Ron Burgundy wrote:
Look at his ball usage back in his 76er days, he always had the ball in his hands..

true but thats coz the 76ers pretty much sucked. thats like saying

Wade averaged 30 PPG last season Cut tat in half. Its 15. Wade averaged less assists.

So does that mean Wade is a ballhog? No
Back to top Go down
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best at ball hogging in the NBA history?   Who is the best at ball hogging in the NBA history? EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 5:05 pm

thats same for every single player in the nba almost. Look at CP3, he averages wat 20 something points a game. he averages 11+ apg so even CP3 just barely has higher assist numbers than half his points

ur point is not vaild........
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best at ball hogging in the NBA history?   Who is the best at ball hogging in the NBA history? EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 5:07 pm

Ron Burgundy wrote:
It is hard to take FG% into play because Lebrons shooting FG% is significantly lower than his driving to the rim FG%.

Whereas Kobe is more all around, his FG% is consistent through everything plus they play two different positions

yes but he still shoots a better pecentage overall. id rather have him hitting 50% of all shots than 40 some. and lebrons 3 point percentage is only about 1% lower than kobe's
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best at ball hogging in the NBA history?   Who is the best at ball hogging in the NBA history? EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 5:07 pm

Durantula wrote:
thats same for every single player in the nba almost. Look at CP3, he averages wat 20 something points a game. he averages 11+ apg so even CP3 just barely has higher assist numbers than half his points

I was just trying to make a reasonable example, Everyone knows that AI in his 76er days was a ballhog.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best at ball hogging in the NBA history?   Who is the best at ball hogging in the NBA history? EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 5:08 pm

Ron Burgundy wrote:
Durantula wrote:

I was just trying to make a reasonable example, Everyone knows that AI in his 76er days was a ballhog.

not true.

pure ball hogs cant lead their team to the finals.

him holding the ball was necessity, not ball hogging
Back to top Go down
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best at ball hogging in the NBA history?   Who is the best at ball hogging in the NBA history? EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 5:09 pm

Ron Burgundy wrote:
Durantula wrote:

thats coz his team used to suck pretty much. if he didnt take on the scoring load, who would?
Back to top Go down
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best at ball hogging in the NBA history?   Who is the best at ball hogging in the NBA history? EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 5:09 pm

Þ®☻w∩¡ξ wrote:
Ron Burgundy wrote:
Durantula wrote:

not true.

Exactly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best at ball hogging in the NBA history?   Who is the best at ball hogging in the NBA history? EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 5:11 pm

Þ®☻w∩¡ξ wrote:
Ron Burgundy wrote:
Durantula wrote:

not true.

No it wasn't he could have not held the ball and the team still could have played, they gave him the ball so he could score, he ball hogged with the permission of his team.
Back to top Go down
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best at ball hogging in the NBA history?   Who is the best at ball hogging in the NBA history? EmptyThu Sep 03, 2009 5:12 pm

Ron Burgundy wrote:
Þ®☻w∩¡ξ wrote:
Ron Burgundy wrote:
Durantula wrote:

not true.

No it wasn't he could have not held the ball and the team still could have played, they gave him the ball so he could score, he ball hogged with the permission of his team.

If AI didn't "ballhog" the 76ers would never have made the Finals. They were a one man team. He barely even ha a legitimate second option.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best at ball hogging in the NBA history?   Who is the best at ball hogging in the NBA history? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who is the best at ball hogging in the NBA history?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next