Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Who is the best defensive Point Guard in the NBA of All Time

Go down 
+3
Straight Edge Bluntness
cbi
Darko
7 posters

Is Wilt Frazier the best defensive PG of all time
A:Yes
Who is the best defensive Point Guard in the NBA of All Time Vote_lcap56%Who is the best defensive Point Guard in the NBA of All Time Vote_rcap
 56% [ 5 ]
B:No
Who is the best defensive Point Guard in the NBA of All Time Vote_lcap44%Who is the best defensive Point Guard in the NBA of All Time Vote_rcap
 44% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

Who is the best defensive Point Guard in the NBA of All Time Empty
PostSubject: Who is the best defensive Point Guard in the NBA of All Time   Who is the best defensive Point Guard in the NBA of All Time EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 5:44 pm

Who is it and why?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best defensive Point Guard in the NBA of All Time   Who is the best defensive Point Guard in the NBA of All Time EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 6:04 pm

I think he is a slightly better defensive player than Gary Payton but it is really close.

I liked Gary as an overall player better though.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best defensive Point Guard in the NBA of All Time   Who is the best defensive Point Guard in the NBA of All Time EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 6:24 pm

I belive Frazier is the best defensive PG and best stealer.He had skills.Btw,Frazier led his team as the main player for the championship in 1970 which is a thing Payton never did
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best defensive Point Guard in the NBA of All Time   Who is the best defensive Point Guard in the NBA of All Time EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 6:27 pm

Darko wrote:
I belive Frazier is the best defensive PG and best stealer.He had skills.Btw,Frazier led his team as the main player for the championship in 1970 which is a thing Payton never did

true cheers
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best defensive Point Guard in the NBA of All Time   Who is the best defensive Point Guard in the NBA of All Time EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 6:27 pm

I'm glad to agree with you on this point Ron Very Happy
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best defensive Point Guard in the NBA of All Time   Who is the best defensive Point Guard in the NBA of All Time EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 6:32 pm

Frazier.

'tis all.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best defensive Point Guard in the NBA of All Time   Who is the best defensive Point Guard in the NBA of All Time EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 6:38 pm

Walt is leading the poll Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best defensive Point Guard in the NBA of All Time   Who is the best defensive Point Guard in the NBA of All Time EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 6:39 pm

Just to spark up a discussion, would you consider John Stockton as a potential candidate for best defensive point guard of all time? Why or why not?
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best defensive Point Guard in the NBA of All Time   Who is the best defensive Point Guard in the NBA of All Time EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 6:42 pm

Spurs Raptors Fan wrote:
Just to spark up a discussion, would you consider John Stockton as a potential candidate for best defensive point guard of all time? Why or why not?
No.

Walt is better.

Who is the best defensive Point Guard in the NBA of All Time 900593
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best defensive Point Guard in the NBA of All Time   Who is the best defensive Point Guard in the NBA of All Time EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 6:45 pm

Spurs Raptors Fan wrote:

He was good, but never on the Walt Frazier or Gary Paytons level.

Notice all the times he was on the Defensive 2nd and 3rd team???

Thats because Gary Payton was always on the first.
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best defensive Point Guard in the NBA of All Time   Who is the best defensive Point Guard in the NBA of All Time EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 6:50 pm

Ron Burgundy wrote:
Spurs Raptors Fan wrote:

He was good, but never on the Walt Frazier or Gary Paytons level.

Notice all the times he was on the Defensive 2nd and 3rd team???

Thats because Gary Payton was always on the first.

Good point Ron.
Haha, I gave CBI a good laugh with my question. Just thought I would further spark a conversation surrounding this topic.
Back to top Go down
Naif
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

Male Posts : 2691

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best defensive Point Guard in the NBA of All Time   Who is the best defensive Point Guard in the NBA of All Time EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 7:18 pm

On defense, Frazier stole the ball with impunity. It was said that he was so quick, he could pilfer the hubcaps off a moving car. One opponent described his hands as "quicker than a lizard's tongue." Perhaps the only thing that kept him from leading the league in steals is that the statistic wasn't kept during the first half of his career.

so, Frazier is the winner
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best defensive Point Guard in the NBA of All Time   Who is the best defensive Point Guard in the NBA of All Time EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 7:19 pm

Im not gonna fake like i know because i dont.... Who is the best defensive Point Guard in the NBA of All Time 853558
Back to top Go down
Saeed
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Saeed

Male Posts : 8780

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best defensive Point Guard in the NBA of All Time   Who is the best defensive Point Guard in the NBA of All Time EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 7:21 pm

I voted yes.

Ron:
To me, Payton is an amazing, under-sized SG, so I didn't put him into the equation.
Back to top Go down
Justin
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Justin

Male Posts : 1415

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best defensive Point Guard in the NBA of All Time   Who is the best defensive Point Guard in the NBA of All Time EmptyMon Aug 31, 2009 8:52 pm

Yeah its wilt
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best defensive Point Guard in the NBA of All Time   Who is the best defensive Point Guard in the NBA of All Time EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 5:17 am

Walt Frazier is by far the best defensive PG and best at stealing.He made an art of it,he was good perimter defender and ranks as one of the greatest the league has seen.

Walt is the winner Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who is the best defensive Point Guard in the NBA of All Time   Who is the best defensive Point Guard in the NBA of All Time Empty

Back to top Go down

Who is the best defensive Point Guard in the NBA of All Time
Page 1 of 1