Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

GM Game - Determining A Winner

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

GM Game - Determining A Winner Empty
PostSubject: GM Game - Determining A Winner   GM Game - Determining A Winner EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 9:41 pm

Just a heads up: TRADING WILL BE CLOSED 12:00 A.M. EASTERN STANDARD TIME ON JULY 15

Alright. So as you all know, we're gonna do a 3-year simulation on 2k11 for our GM Game. Winners will be decided by a point system. Said point system will be this:

1 point for 0-20 wins, 3 for 21-40 wins, 5 for 41-60 wins, 10 for 60+ wins

5 for first round elimination, 10 for second round, 15 for conference finals, 20 for NBA Finals, and 45 for winning the Finals.

20 for Coach of the Year (because the player is pretty much the coach)
15 for having the MVP
10 for Defensive Player of the Year
5 for Rookie of the Year
2 for Most Improved
3 for each All-Star you have
5 for All-NBA First Team, 3 for Second Team, 1 for Third Team
5 for All-NBA Defensive First Team, 3 for Second Team, 1 for Third Team
2 for All-NBA Rookie First Team, 1 for Second Team

Points will add up over the three years and the person with the highest point total wins. If two people are tied, I'll simulate a 7 game series between the two teams.

In terms of the draft after every season, no rookies will be signed. So no John, the 1st overall pick you probably will get does not mean anything.

I'm gonna edit the ages and contracts of all the players so that nobody retires or leaves for free agency.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the matchups, here's how it'll work:

We have 13 players (my dumb ass counted wrong, sorry Neutral ). When matchups start, I'm gonna go to random.org and put all of our names in the randomizer. Whoever comes up as #1 is going to get a first round bye. Then we have 12 people, which is good for 6 matchups. That'll give us 6 winners. Now, the person with the largest margin of victory will have a bye in the next round (tiebreaker will be who got it first), while we throw the first round bye person against the person who had the lowest margin or victory. Then the other four people face each other. After that round, whoever got to 5 votes last plays the person with the bye while the other two play each other. That leaves 2 winners, which leads to 1 matchup, and 1 winner.

Then we start the 2k sim

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, so now we have a 2k winner and a matchup winner. But how do we find one winner for the GM Game? GOOD QUESTION!

After many different options were looked, this is what me, CBI, and Nenad came up with. A 2k simulation!

It'll be a 7 game series, just like the NBA Playoffs. This is different than the Association simulation because it does not take into account all the different awards and accolades, and there is no point system. Just one on one, the best team will come out on top. The winner of this will be the GM Game Champion.

Feel free to propose any changes to anything above

Last edited by Raza on Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:49 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: GM Game - Determining A Winner   GM Game - Determining A Winner EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 12:03 am

I added stuff.

Read it.
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

PostSubject: Re: GM Game - Determining A Winner   GM Game - Determining A Winner EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 1:54 am

Sounds like a solid idea!
Back to top Go down
Dwayne
College Baller
College Baller
Dwayne

Male Posts : 113

PostSubject: Re: GM Game - Determining A Winner   GM Game - Determining A Winner EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 1:58 am

YS!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

PostSubject: Re: GM Game - Determining A Winner   GM Game - Determining A Winner EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 2:01 am

Hey!
Like my guava?
Back to top Go down
Dwayne
College Baller
College Baller
Dwayne

Male Posts : 113

PostSubject: Re: GM Game - Determining A Winner   GM Game - Determining A Winner EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 2:03 am

Indeed

Whatup man/ long time no talk
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: GM Game - Determining A Winner   GM Game - Determining A Winner EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 4:48 pm

I added more stuff.

READ THE THIRD SEGMENT.

Oh and the top too. Rosters lock at 12 AM EST on July 15

Throw any additions or changes at me if you have a good idea.
Back to top Go down
Abdu
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Abdu

Male Posts : 2595

PostSubject: Re: GM Game - Determining A Winner   GM Game - Determining A Winner EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 12:26 am

Too much text! And i'm still confused!
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

Male Posts : 5845

PostSubject: Re: GM Game - Determining A Winner   GM Game - Determining A Winner EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 12:28 am

Blakeshow wrote:
Too much text! And i'm still confused!

Whoever gets the most points in the 2K sim as Raza outlined up there wins the 2K sim.

One guy wins the matchups that we vote on.

And the two go head to head in a 7 game 2K series. The winner is the winner of the GM Game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GM Game - Determining A Winner   GM Game - Determining A Winner Empty

Back to top Go down

GM Game - Determining A Winner
Page 1 of 1