Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Today would've been my grandpa's birthday...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
EM:)
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Male Posts : 6319

Today would've been my grandpa's birthday... Empty
PostSubject: Today would've been my grandpa's birthday...   Today would've been my grandpa's birthday... EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 11:25 am

He and I had a very close relationship, it's pretty safe to say I considered him the closest person in my family. He died two years ago. Would it be in bad conduct if I lighted a blunt today for 4/20 (a day he shares) knowing that if he were alive he surely wouldn't of condoned what I was doing? It's not like I'm a stoner or anything but I dabble...And I know he would be oh so proud of me today for what I am becoming...I went to some cemetery near campus today knowing I wouldn't be back home in NJ where he is interred so I could go to an unmarked grave and pretend it was him and I just started talking it was good closure and I felt his presence in a way even though I don't believe in an afterlife or a certain religion for that matter.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Today would've been my grandpa's birthday...   Today would've been my grandpa's birthday... EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 11:39 am

R.I.P to him. I would advise against the weed though, man; since he wouldn't like that. No offense but I chuckled at the unmarked grave thingy.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Today would've been my grandpa's birthday...   Today would've been my grandpa's birthday... EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 11:57 am

Thanx man Somebody buried in Cincinnati got themselves a visitor for a day Smile...

And yeah it's really just a day 4/20 you're right...I can take a hit any other day but today. Best to preserve his memory by honoring him in the right way of what wouldv'e been his 82nd.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Today would've been my grandpa's birthday...   Today would've been my grandpa's birthday... EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 12:04 pm

My grandma just turned 80 but recently she got diagnosed with cancer. It has already spread to her lungs, bones and just at her b-day party she could walk and cook..now she's stuck in her death bed. It's not curable and she's pretty much a goner. But making it to 80 is an accomplishment for your grandpa! Quite frankly, I don't want to live that long.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Today would've been my grandpa's birthday...   Today would've been my grandpa's birthday... EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 12:19 pm

Truth searcher wrote:
My grandma just turned 80 but recently she got diagnosed with cancer. It has already spread to her lungs, bones and just at her b-day party she could walk and cook..now she's stuck in her death bed. It's not curable and she's pretty much a goner. But making it to 80 is an accomplishment for your grandpa! Quite frankly, I don't want to live that long.

Nah man he would've been 82 today if he was still alive. He died @ 79 in August 2008. Right before he died though he saw me, his 1st grandchild graduate from HS, so he was very happy. He too died of cancer. He was diagnosed with prostate cancer in the early 90's, but it was in remission until 4 years before his death. He lived more than a decade with the cancer fully in remission and healthy. They caught it in time when it came back and it was in remission again. That is until it came back again and then it was too late cause it spread into his stomach. And I don't know man if it was me I would love to be a supercenterian and live well into my hundreds haha...
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Today would've been my grandpa's birthday...   Today would've been my grandpa's birthday... EmptyThu Apr 21, 2011 1:09 pm

Happy birthday to your grandpa Tony. Smile

and do what you feel relaxes you most; I think it's appropriate if you decide to smoke a blunt in his memory.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Today would've been my grandpa's birthday...   Today would've been my grandpa's birthday... Empty

Back to top Go down

Today would've been my grandpa's birthday...
Page 1 of 1