Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Ted Leonsis in a public media war against sports station owned by Dan Snyder

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

Ted Leonsis in a public media war against sports station owned by Dan Snyder Empty
PostSubject: Ted Leonsis in a public media war against sports station owned by Dan Snyder   Ted Leonsis in a public media war against sports station owned by Dan Snyder EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 11:11 pm

http://www.tedstake.com/2011/04/12/980-radio/#comments
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/post/ted-leonsis-vs-espn-980/2011/04/12/AFbhwHSD_blog.html

This is the new talk of town.

The thing about this is that ESPN 980 is owned by Dan Snyder, the Redskins owner. Ted called out Thom Loverro, a radio host on ESPN. Loverro wrote a blog entry that John Calipari should be the next Wizards coach and wrote another article somewhere that Ernie Grunfeld, the GM needs to be fired. Loverro on his show today ripped Ted for being inaccurate, saying that he won't go to Wizards games because the team's bad, and mentioned that the station is owned by a group where Dan Snyder just happens to be a majority investor in.

Ted spoke the truth in the blog. I love the man. And ESPN radio is basically just Redskins, Redskins, and more Redskins, with some other sports sprinkled in.

Wizards games are on WJFK, 106.7 FM. Capitals coverage is on another station, 1500 AM.

I would love to see Ted get in a fight against Danny.
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

Ted Leonsis in a public media war against sports station owned by Dan Snyder Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ted Leonsis in a public media war against sports station owned by Dan Snyder   Ted Leonsis in a public media war against sports station owned by Dan Snyder EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 11:19 pm

Team Ted! This could get good...hope the Mark Cuban comes out of them both..give me something good to read haha
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

PostSubject: Re: Ted Leonsis in a public media war against sports station owned by Dan Snyder   Ted Leonsis in a public media war against sports station owned by Dan Snyder EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 11:27 pm

Ted is the leader of the new wave of NBA owners, and he has a plan to win and he's been good so far. The only thing Ted screwed up this past year was the Mystics GM situation, but that is more of a Sheila Johnson issue than a Ted issue. Still Ted could have told her no when she wanted to ax the GM and I don't think the Mystics will even make the playoffs this year because of it though the team is really good inside now.

That move still sends chills up my spine because that could happen to the Wizards on a whim after a successful season. The whole fan base would be outraged if Flip and Ernie got us to a #1 seed in the East and then we lose in the 1st round of the playoffs. That's something I'm monitoring... If it happens to one team, it could happen to any of them...
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ted Leonsis in a public media war against sports station owned by Dan Snyder   Ted Leonsis in a public media war against sports station owned by Dan Snyder Empty

Back to top Go down

Ted Leonsis in a public media war against sports station owned by Dan Snyder
Page 1 of 1