Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Why didn't they talk about this before about Kemba Walker?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

Why didn't they talk about this before about Kemba Walker? Empty
PostSubject: Why didn't they talk about this before about Kemba Walker?   Why didn't they talk about this before about Kemba Walker? EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 8:41 pm

http://rollingout.com/sports-entertainment/sports-news/hip-hop-student-athlete-kemba-walker-graduates-in-3-years-will-nike-call/

As you can tell from the URL above, Kemba Walker may have finished his junior playing season but he really was a senior academically and will graduate this year and he was honored at senior night because he is after all, graduating this year.

Given that college sports has some bad things attached to it (allegations like Tennessee football hostesses and Ohio State football coaches not reporting violations), we need more good stories, and they shouldn't all come from women's sports. It isn't uncommon to see some college basketball players or even regular students graduate from school in three years, but if you're an athlete that's a full time job, and it's not easy. Ask Emeka Okafor.

Jim Calhoun may be happy that his point guard went hibachi this year to win National Championship #3, but he is 100 times more happy that he will take home a Bachelor's Degree this May.

Walker has not ruled out a return to UConn next year, though I expect him to go pro, because his stock is high and he has already fulfilled his academic requirements.
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

Male Posts : 5845

Why didn't they talk about this before about Kemba Walker? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why didn't they talk about this before about Kemba Walker?   Why didn't they talk about this before about Kemba Walker? EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 11:28 pm

wallshingtonwizard wrote:
http://rollingout.com/sports-entertainment/sports-news/hip-hop-student-athlete-kemba-walker-graduates-in-3-years-will-nike-call/

As you can tell from the URL above, Kemba Walker may have finished his junior playing season but he really was a senior academically and will graduate this year and he was honored at senior night because he is after all, graduating this year.

Given that college sports has some bad things attached to it (allegations like Tennessee football hostesses and Ohio State football coaches not reporting violations), we need more good stories, and they shouldn't all come from women's sports. It isn't uncommon to see some college basketball players or even regular students graduate from school in three years, but if you're an athlete that's a full time job, and it's not easy. Ask Emeka Okafor.

Jim Calhoun may be happy that his point guard went hibachi this year to win National Championship #3, but he is 100 times more happy that he will take home a Bachelor's Degree this May.

Walker has not ruled out a return to UConn next year, though I expect him to go pro, because his stock is high and he has already fulfilled his academic requirements.

Negative news gets more visceral and ratings-boosting reactions than positive news every time.
Back to top Go down

Why didn't they talk about this before about Kemba Walker?
Page 1 of 1