Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Who is the worst defender in the NBA?

Go down 
+6
cbi
Straight Edge Bluntness
BNB
Nick C
Fox News
Abdu
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Abdu
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Abdu

Male Posts : 2595

Who is the worst defender in the NBA? Empty
PostSubject: Who is the worst defender in the NBA?   Who is the worst defender in the NBA? EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 4:06 pm

J.J Redick is the first player that came to mind...

Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Who is the worst defender in the NBA?   Who is the worst defender in the NBA? EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 5:00 pm

JJ is a scrappy duck billed platypus. Not the worst. It's carmelo anthony,antawn jamison or jamal crawford.
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: Who is the worst defender in the NBA?   Who is the worst defender in the NBA? EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 5:18 pm

Mike Bibby hands down... just like his defense.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

PostSubject: Re: Who is the worst defender in the NBA?   Who is the worst defender in the NBA? EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 5:33 pm

I was thinking Bibby too. along with Boozer, Tall Italian Guy in TOR, and a lot more.
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

PostSubject: Re: Who is the worst defender in the NBA?   Who is the worst defender in the NBA? EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 5:42 pm

Bulls N' Bears wrote:
I was thinking Bibby too. along with Boozer, Tall Italian Guy in TOR, and a lot more.

Totally forgot about the tall dude in Toronto Barganini or whatever... doesn't he at least block shots or something?
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Who is the worst defender in the NBA?   Who is the worst defender in the NBA? EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 5:47 pm

Jose Calderon; I think even Andrea Bargnani is a better defender than Jose.
Like Nick said, at least he blocks shots from time to time. lol. Calderon tries to play defense...but just fails no matter how hard he tries. On a team level, he is a huge liability on defense...he is just plain atrocious when it comes to playing defense period.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Who is the worst defender in the NBA?   Who is the worst defender in the NBA? EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 5:52 pm

yeah.. but AB is 7'0 tall and averages .7 BPG. That is terrible.
He can't even rebound.. which is part of playing D.

Calderon averages 1.2 Steals a game a least.
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

PostSubject: Re: Who is the worst defender in the NBA?   Who is the worst defender in the NBA? EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 5:53 pm

So should we just name off Toronto players Jal?

I think Barbosa and Kleiza should get some no defense love.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: Who is the worst defender in the NBA?   Who is the worst defender in the NBA? EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 5:56 pm

Speaking of people named AB. Andray blatche is a terrible defender. logs heavy minutes averages .7 BPG and cant rebound on most nights..
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Who is the worst defender in the NBA?   Who is the worst defender in the NBA? EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 6:03 pm

I was just going through rosters... and most of the white guys in the NBA are pretty bad defenders.

Peja... Korver... dirk... Love.. Hawes... etc.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: Who is the worst defender in the NBA?   Who is the worst defender in the NBA? EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 6:08 pm

They tend to not have the quickest feet.
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Who is the worst defender in the NBA?   Who is the worst defender in the NBA? EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 6:10 pm

I always assumed Hawes could play defense. What the hell is he doing in the nba then? he sucks at everything.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Who is the worst defender in the NBA?   Who is the worst defender in the NBA? EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 6:17 pm

he's a big guy who can shoot. I guess the kings were hoping he would be a Brad miller 2.0 for them.. that never worked though.
Back to top Go down
SO6P [KING]
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
SO6P [KING]

Male Posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: Who is the worst defender in the NBA?   Who is the worst defender in the NBA? EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 6:26 pm

Steve Nash, and it's not even close.
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Who is the worst defender in the NBA?   Who is the worst defender in the NBA? EmptyThu Mar 24, 2011 6:33 pm

Nick C wrote:
So should we just name off Toronto players Jal?

I think Barbosa and Kleiza should get some no defense love.

You might as well LOL.
Wow, who on the Raptors can play defense? That's quite sad haha.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: Who is the worst defender in the NBA?   Who is the worst defender in the NBA? EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 12:20 am

Of any NBA starter? Steve Nash. Might be someone else on a really bad team, though.

Hard tell other than that. There are probably a lot of bad defenders on the ends of NBA benches that don't see playing time.
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

PostSubject: Re: Who is the worst defender in the NBA?   Who is the worst defender in the NBA? EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 2:25 am

JaVale McGee because he can't defend the pick and roll, pick and pop, and jumps at 80% of all pump fakes and jump shots by players who are much shorter than him.

He also averages about a goaltend a game due to the fact that he can block shots and is also prone to biting after every pump fake out there.

I hear he's gonna try out for the DC United as a goalkeeper because that's where every goaltend is a GREAT play.
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: Who is the worst defender in the NBA?   Who is the worst defender in the NBA? EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 2:36 am

the worst??!! Thas up there with one of the dumbest things said on this forum lol..he can be bad against some thicker players but no..not the worst..not close.to it..He's the future in that paint..God I loooove that kid! Very Happy he's gonna get good as fuck
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: Who is the worst defender in the NBA?   Who is the worst defender in the NBA? EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 2:42 am

JaVale can't be the future in the paint. Best case scenario for him is Tyson Chandler with more hops. JaVale and Dray together are a horrible frontcourt defensively and they make each other look worse. JaVale could play with a shorter but thick bodied forward, and Blatche could also do the same. JaVale and Booker is not half as bad as JaVale and Dray. Same thing with Dray and Booker.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: Who is the worst defender in the NBA?   Who is the worst defender in the NBA? EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 2:58 am

No way. Tyson can't handle the ball like mcgee and doesnt have the scorers mentality like javale. Tyson is KNOWN for his defense, horrible comparison. But yeah dray is not in the future, javale is, no discussion. 7'2 with hops and desire don't just come around. He's hungry out there! just needs to be polished..that coaching staff can get him right I think. Javale is a decent defender minus the goaltends and biting on pumpfakes, but that can be fixed. The foundation is whats important. He has the potential to become the most dominant center in the NBA, no doubt!..then again the world is full of untapped potential...but until he show he doesn't want to or in unable to tap his potential (exp. blatche), work with him..
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Who is the worst defender in the NBA?   Who is the worst defender in the NBA? EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 7:15 am

All of the white guys in the league...

Dirk,Peja,Nash,Hawes etc

Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: Who is the worst defender in the NBA?   Who is the worst defender in the NBA? EmptyFri Mar 25, 2011 3:26 pm

301 #based wrote:
But yeah dray is not in the future, javale is, no discussion. 7'2 with hops and desire don't just come around. He's hungry out there! just needs to be polished..that coaching staff can get him right I think....He has the potential to become the most dominant center in the NBA, no doubt!..

True, McGee's body doesn't come very often. But when his mom is one of the all time legends in women's basketball and when WNBA superstar Cynthia Cooper was his role model besides mom, how can his game be so clueless when mom and Coop's games were very sound?! It still baffles me. He is hungry, we all know that. Most NBA players have desire to succeed. But his game isn't being influenced correctly or the results aren't showing up. Maybe his mom isn't getting to him anymore... Maybe we need to hire another WNBA legend like Lisa Leslie (also from USC like mom) to mentor him. ANYTHING to get this guy some FUNDAMENTALS!

As for Blatche, he has done everything that you could hope for with a later 2nd round pick, and he's young enough to continue improving, but I don't think it will be here if we keep McGee. He could improve here if we move McGee as well, but I wouldn't be fearing too much that McGee becomes the next Hakeem if he goes to another team given how his game is.

Zaraki Kenpachi wrote:
J.J Redick is the first player that came to mind...

Redick is playing much better than Gilbert Arenas on both ends.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who is the worst defender in the NBA?   Who is the worst defender in the NBA? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who is the worst defender in the NBA?
Page 1 of 1