Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Triano deserves to be fired after this disgraceful game

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

Triano deserves to be fired after this disgraceful game Empty
PostSubject: Triano deserves to be fired after this disgraceful game   Triano deserves to be fired after this disgraceful game EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 2:33 pm

This article was pretty hilarious - but also exposes Triano's weakness as a coach.

Check it out and lemme know your thoughts!
here is an excerpt:

"On the other end, Scott Skiles had the 6’8″ Mbah a Moute on Bargnani who was neutralized neutered by him for the first half. Bargnani was a bit better in the second but nothing which would reflect that 4″ height advantage. He makes himself so easy to guard sometimes, so easy that it makes you want to break into his house, kidnap his hot girlfriend, send a video tape of her gagged and bound to a chair with a gun to her head with a note saying “Drive or I pull the trigger” (I just saw Disappearance of Alice Creed). That. That is the only thing that can get this guy to be aggressive and play like he cares."

Read more: http://raptorsrepublic.com/2011/01/29/ilyasova-exacts-weird-turkish-revenge-triano-nods-approvingly/#ixzz1CRzpUm9L
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Triano deserves to be fired after this disgraceful game   Triano deserves to be fired after this disgraceful game EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 2:54 pm

With this raptors roster there right where there supposed to be. I like trianos offense. if derozen could get it together and they could get rid of bargs for a high pick they could be good
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Triano deserves to be fired after this disgraceful game   Triano deserves to be fired after this disgraceful game EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 5:27 pm

I really dont like him.. but we'll take Bargs.. we can give you Moon and Parker back.
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

Male Posts : 5845

PostSubject: Re: Triano deserves to be fired after this disgraceful game   Triano deserves to be fired after this disgraceful game EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 9:05 pm

In fairness, Mbah a Moute is an excellent defender. But yeah...Triano needs to do better.
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

PostSubject: Re: Triano deserves to be fired after this disgraceful game   Triano deserves to be fired after this disgraceful game EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 7:43 pm

Jim Bob wrote:
With this raptors roster there right where there supposed to be. I like trianos offense. if derozen could get it together and they could get rid of bargs for a high pick they could be good

You liked how Bargnani was 5-24 and how DDR was 2-11 against the Wolves?

and I am starting to agree that Bargnani should be traded...plays with NO passion whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: Triano deserves to be fired after this disgraceful game   Triano deserves to be fired after this disgraceful game EmptySun Jan 30, 2011 7:57 pm

when his offense is run right,its a great scoring offense..weve seen this. and he has even critisized derozen for not playing his role and shooting jumpshots instead.
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

PostSubject: Re: Triano deserves to be fired after this disgraceful game   Triano deserves to be fired after this disgraceful game EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 6:45 pm

Uhh, but when it comes to close games; he doesn't come up with effective strategies to help Raptors win close games...he is a baaaad decision-maker and that has resulted in the Raps losing close ones.
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Triano deserves to be fired after this disgraceful game   Triano deserves to be fired after this disgraceful game EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 1:25 pm

I'm serious Juice. We'll give you parker and moon for bargs. unless he has a terrible contract.
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: Triano deserves to be fired after this disgraceful game   Triano deserves to be fired after this disgraceful game EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 3:00 pm

He's working with what he has... Rozen has been on a tear recently and he's also slumped, yet his game is coming along (minus a 3pt shot)... but having a 7 footer who can't rebound as a starter and Amir Johnson, who isn't quite worth his contract, but does what he can... plus, Ed Davis is still raw. Also, Evans (your best rebounder... possibly defender) has been out since forever. Linas is hurt. Barbosa is hurt. Peja was trade bait. Bayless is streaky and would rather score than pass.

It's a hot mess.

And it's a really young team... with no outside shooting as the Raptors are second to last in 3pt shots and makes.... Yet they're also ranked 7th most shot attempts in the league.

It a poorly built roster by Bryan Colangelo. I don't think Triano is a good coach, but he's also got a pretty terrible cast. His defensive coaching is atrocious, they give up 48% shooting to opps. teams... worst in the league, because they have no defenders/rebounders and no intimidating presence.

Triano is a lame duck coach. But I'm sure that whoever takes over, this season or the next, would possibly only improve the team defensively as it's not his strong suit.

But that won't improve the roster. If Barg's is traded... I don't know what you get back for him. The league know who he is as a player, and on contending team he's role would be far less effective, as he wouldn't be a number one option, and in some cases wouldn't be a starter. I think that hurt his value some.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: Triano deserves to be fired after this disgraceful game   Triano deserves to be fired after this disgraceful game EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 3:49 pm

I never understood how a coach is "bad" or "good" defensively. defense is very basic..theres not much you can do with it.
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

PostSubject: Re: Triano deserves to be fired after this disgraceful game   Triano deserves to be fired after this disgraceful game EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 10:48 pm

CBI; His contract is quite bad so I am not sure if you would want him.
and Parker is kinda...so, I am not sure if I'd be okay with that trade haha.

Nick C wrote:
He's working with what he has... Rozen has been on a tear recently and he's also slumped, yet his game is coming along (minus a 3pt shot)... but having a 7 footer who can't rebound as a starter and Amir Johnson, who isn't quite worth his contract, but does what he can... plus, Ed Davis is still raw. Also, Evans (your best rebounder... possibly defender) has been out since forever. Linas is hurt. Barbosa is hurt. Peja was trade bait. Bayless is streaky and would rather score than pass.

It's a hot mess.

And it's a really young team... with no outside shooting as the Raptors are second to last in 3pt shots and makes.... Yet they're also ranked 7th most shot attempts in the league.

It a poorly built roster by Bryan Colangelo. I don't think Triano is a good coach, but he's also got a pretty terrible cast. His defensive coaching is atrocious, they give up 48% shooting to opps. teams... worst in the league, because they have no defenders/rebounders and no intimidating presence.

Triano is a lame duck coach. But I'm sure that whoever takes over, this season or the next, would possibly only improve the team defensively as it's not his strong suit.

But that won't improve the roster. If Barg's is traded... I don't know what you get back for him. The league know who he is as a player, and on contending team he's role would be far less effective, as he wouldn't be a number one option, and in some cases wouldn't be a starter. I think that hurt his value some.

You made some very valid points here and sounds like you know quite a bit about what is taking place in Raptorland my friend.

I also think some of the players lack passion too.
Bargnani shows no emotion on the court.
Weems/Jose...moreso Jose - are always "injured" and the funny thing is, I never see how they get injured. One game, I see them playing on the court and they look completely healthy and then by next game...they are sitting out with "back spasms" or a "sore back/knee". I have a feeling that the injuries that they sustain sometimes are very minor in nature and could be played through. I don't know...that is just my suspicion.

and you are deffo right about Bayless hogging the ball very often.
I feel that the coaching staff isn't doing enough to encourage him to distribute the ball more...like there are no consequences laid out to him for his selfish play (e.g. doghousing). I find the coaching staff/management to be very soft and they created a culture where the players could do whatever they want with minimal to no consequences for their actions which is problematic.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Triano deserves to be fired after this disgraceful game   Triano deserves to be fired after this disgraceful game Empty

Back to top Go down

Triano deserves to be fired after this disgraceful game
Page 1 of 1