Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Heat vs Lakers game?

Go down 
+8
Fox News
John14
No Longer DEAD
Straight Edge Bluntness
King Of NJ
brownie13
Raza
Darko
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

Heat vs Lakers game? Empty
PostSubject: Heat vs Lakers game?   Heat vs Lakers game? EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 6:59 pm

Comments on the game
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: Heat vs Lakers game?   Heat vs Lakers game? EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 7:01 pm

Miami is..good.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Heat vs Lakers game?   Heat vs Lakers game? EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 7:06 pm

Some good defense from both teams.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: Heat vs Lakers game?   Heat vs Lakers game? EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 8:27 pm

van gundy is going on and on about the defense, but all I see is missed shots and fouls...

it's nice to let 'em play, but the referees, are missing calls that are obvious hacks left and right
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

Male Posts : 8873

PostSubject: Re: Heat vs Lakers game?   Heat vs Lakers game? EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 8:57 pm

I like the refs letting them play

I wanted the Lakers to win but I have to give the Heat credit. They played with alot of toughenss today and played great team ball. They outplayed the Lakers today and got a well deserved win. I want them to lose every game possible but got to give the credit where it's due
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Heat vs Lakers game?   Heat vs Lakers game? EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 12:03 am

The game was a complete dud.
It's abut time that the NBA schedule games that are actually entertaining matchups; not something fabricated by the NBA marketing team as "entertaining".
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: Heat vs Lakers game?   Heat vs Lakers game? EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 12:18 am

King Of NJ wrote:
I like the refs letting them play

I wanted the Lakers to win but I have to give the Heat credit. They played with alot of toughenss today and played great team ball. They outplayed the Lakers today and got a well deserved win. I want them to lose every game possible but got to give the credit where it's due

obviously they outplayed them, it's just annoying that Van Gundy was fawning over good defense that wasn't really there. they let a lot go both ways, and the Lakers just weren't making any open shots. it was much more ugly offense and a poorly called game.

the heat played alright, and better than the lakers, but it really wasn't as if they executed :/

the lakers just continued to play like they have been.
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

Male Posts : 5078

PostSubject: Re: Heat vs Lakers game?   Heat vs Lakers game? EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 11:38 am

Ginobili! wrote:
It's abut time that the NBA schedule games that are actually entertaining matchups; not something fabricated by the NBA marketing team as "entertaining".

As much as I wish they did that also, they'll never do that because nobody wants to watch Suns-Knicks or Warriors-Raptors on Christmas besides their own fans. It would greatly hurt their television ratings, and the NBA would never risk losing their television ratings to please a couple of fans. Plus, in terms of "entertaining matchups", that's pretty much what the Heat-Lakers was. Sure the game was terrible, but even I was curious to see who would win.

The NBA is a league that favors the rich and not the poor, and they're more concerned with their own business than the satisfaction of the general public. And, in this case, Heat-Lakers would bring in more $$ than whatever you or me or anyone else classifies as an "entertaining matchup."
Back to top Go down
John14
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
John14

Male Posts : 3251

PostSubject: Re: Heat vs Lakers game?   Heat vs Lakers game? EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 4:43 pm

They ran the lakers out of the building
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Heat vs Lakers game?   Heat vs Lakers game? EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 5:32 pm

] The world is about money. This game got them more money then they've gotten in a while. And ryan I don' know what game you were watching. We saw some great defense yesterday
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

Male Posts : 8873

PostSubject: Re: Heat vs Lakers game?   Heat vs Lakers game? EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 9:03 pm

I can't say I wasn't interested in watching the Heat-Lakers game before it started

I'd rather see more rivalry games on Christmas though than just great marketing matchups.

The 2009 Celtics and Lakers Christmas Day matchup is one that comes to mind and even though it didn't go as I wanted to Bulls and Knicks playing on Christmas like they did this year have a great history against one another and it was a great matchup to see and good for Christmas Day

I'd like to see a matchup like Spurs-Celtics or place the Lakers against the Celtics on Christmas again.

Celtics-Magic is a great building rivalry to put on Christmas like they did. To fill in another spot Heat and Lakers was good though since it built alot of interest and it was a game in which many including myself were interested in the outcome

I thought it would've been better to hold out the Heat and Cavs game till Christmas though and have the Lebron return to Cleveland on Christmas. That would've sent ratings through the roof too even though the 1st meeting already did just like on Christmas of 2004 when Shaq made his return to Staples Center in an opposing jersey for the 1st time after the friction with kobe
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: Heat vs Lakers game?   Heat vs Lakers game? EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 9:43 pm

Bulls vs knicks..i didnt even watch that one :/ Miami vs LA was good because those 2 are going to be in the finals (most likely) kinda of a sneak peak...
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Heat vs Lakers game?   Heat vs Lakers game? EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 11:04 pm

Ginobili! wrote:
What.... does this mean? How could you get any more entertaining than the defending champs vs the hot topic of the season(i swear.. i wasnt trying to be funny/punny). They've both been really good this season too, i dont see how they could have looked for any other teams that could play a more entertaining matchup on paper.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

PostSubject: Re: Heat vs Lakers game?   Heat vs Lakers game? EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 12:27 pm

yeah I thought Miami played great D. Miami contested everything downlow. There were no easy layups for the Lakers. This isn't anything new either... if Miami has done one thing well all year long [for the most part], it has been playing defense.

wasn't as exciting as I thought it would be though
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

PostSubject: Re: Heat vs Lakers game?   Heat vs Lakers game? EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 11:05 pm

cbi wrote:
Ginobili! wrote:
What.... does this mean? How could you get any more entertaining than the defending champs vs the hot topic of the season(i swear.. i wasnt trying to be funny/punny). They've both been really good this season too, i dont see how they could have looked for any other teams that could play a more entertaining matchup on paper.

Read what Khai said above.
He made a valid point.
There are other matchups that I would rather watch; but I guess what I prefer is not what the majority wants to watch.
My problem is that the NBA likes to hype up certain matchups as more worthy of watching than others...and the public buys into these ideas created by the NBA. The end result is that the public has a preference for certain games.
I find it kinda disappointing that this is the case but oh well, what can I do about that? I don't see what is so special about Heat/Lakers and the game re-affirmed my feelings since it was quite lackluster to me.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: Heat vs Lakers game?   Heat vs Lakers game? EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 11:09 pm

so are you saying that heat vs lakers game had NO potential to be great whatsoever?
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

PostSubject: Re: Heat vs Lakers game?   Heat vs Lakers game? EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 11:11 pm

Every game has potential to be great but the NBA hyped the match up as if it would be nothing BUT great. As if it was guaranteed to be one of the best match ups of the year when it was far from that to me.
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: Heat vs Lakers game?   Heat vs Lakers game? EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 4:40 pm

It was a shitty performance.

I knew they would lose.

Back to top Go down
Abdu
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Abdu

Male Posts : 2595

PostSubject: Re: Heat vs Lakers game?   Heat vs Lakers game? EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 5:53 pm

The Lakers kind of asked for that loss... Like why were the dumbasses telling everyone, including theirselves that this isn't a big game? I thought they would've learned from last year vs. Cleveland... LA talked thereselves into an ass whooping.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heat vs Lakers game?   Heat vs Lakers game? Empty

Back to top Go down

Heat vs Lakers game?
Page 1 of 1