Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Gilbert Arenas says goodbye to DC

Go down 
+3
Straight Edge Bluntness
Fox News
wallshingtonwizard
7 posters
AuthorMessage
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

Gilbert Arenas says goodbye to DC Empty
PostSubject: Gilbert Arenas says goodbye to DC   Gilbert Arenas says goodbye to DC EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 1:17 am

http://www.csnwashington.com/12/19/10/CSN-Exclusive-Gilbert-Arenas-farewell-to/landing.html?blockID=376491&feedID=6303

He sent a text to Comcast Sportsnet Midatlantic and here it is:

"I know it didn't end like I would have liked. I had a great time playing
in Washington - They made me feel like a rock star while I was there. I
wish I could have took them further than the second round.

I wanna thank Mr. and Mrs. Pollin, Ernie, Eddie, every teammate I went to
war with on the basketball court. Thanks for believing in me.

I wanna thank Mr. Leonsis for giving me a chance to regain some basketball
respect back in me career, and I hope nothing but the best for him and
the Wizards. Last but not least I want to thank the great fans of
Washington. It was an honor playing for you guys for 8 years.

I hope when it's all said and done, I entertained you when you entered
those doors at the MCI/Verizon Center and can forgive me as a man for
the mistakes I've made."

I'll take it as an apology for gungate. Good luck in Orlando because I don't want Miami to win a championship this year. Hell no!
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Gilbert Arenas says goodbye to DC   Gilbert Arenas says goodbye to DC EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 1:20 am

Godddd whyyyyyyy?
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: Gilbert Arenas says goodbye to DC   Gilbert Arenas says goodbye to DC EmptyMon Dec 20, 2010 2:31 am

We had to do it for our own good, which is to build around John Wall.

We had to do it for Gilbert's own good which is to get a fresh start with another team who could use his skill set.
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Gilbert Arenas says goodbye to DC   Gilbert Arenas says goodbye to DC EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 10:25 am

That's nice of him (or his agent) to write that letter.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: Gilbert Arenas says goodbye to DC   Gilbert Arenas says goodbye to DC EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 10:51 am

Well he doesn't have an agent. and if he did he wouldn't have sent it in a text lol
Back to top Go down
EM:)
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
EM:)

Male Posts : 6319

PostSubject: Re: Gilbert Arenas says goodbye to DC   Gilbert Arenas says goodbye to DC EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 10:55 am

Like that saying said by some rapper back in the day that likely wasnt hugged enough as a child. Gilbert Arenas, "Loves to pump crack. (maybe) Loves to stay strapped (most def),
Loves to squeeze gats (obviously), .... but you dont hear me though. loves to hit the block (if by block you mean lockerroom sure), loves to two glocks, loves to bust shots (he sure does)" ...and that's why ladies and gentleman Gilbert Grape Arenas is no longer a Wiz. Wish him all the best in his new digs though he's a talented player that needs to put all his focus back on basketball and actually do something in his career for a change that translates into helping Orlando win a ring.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: Gilbert Arenas says goodbye to DC   Gilbert Arenas says goodbye to DC EmptySat Dec 25, 2010 6:18 pm

Its pretty cool to see gilbert having so much fun and enjoying basketball again in orlando.
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: Gilbert Arenas says goodbye to DC   Gilbert Arenas says goodbye to DC EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 12:26 am

Gilbert sent that as a text.

He's not playing well in Orlando so far, but that's probably because he's just getting used to a new system. He's shooting 29% overall, which is DeShawn Stevenson-like before this season of course.

But on the other hand, he does feel like a weight's off his shoulders, so it shouldn't be long until he's regularly stroking that three ball again.
Back to top Go down
Mo
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

Male Posts : 1066

PostSubject: Re: Gilbert Arenas says goodbye to DC   Gilbert Arenas says goodbye to DC EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 1:06 am

Gilbert Arenas was one of my favorite players before the gun incident, and I think he has regained a spot as one of my favorite players. I always liked watching Washington and part of the reason being was Arenas. Now that he's playing along side my favorite player Dwight Howard, I think it'll be great to see him in Orlando. I also think that this was really smart for Washington, because how the hell were they suppose to work with Wall, Henrich, and also Arenas.

I can tell that Arenas is actually truly sorry for what he did, and I thank him for not leaving Washington in a douchebaggy way (LeBron James). Hopefully he's successful in Orlando and hopefully Washington can prove themselves something after all the rebuilding.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Gilbert Arenas says goodbye to DC   Gilbert Arenas says goodbye to DC EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 6:02 pm

The Future wrote:
Its pretty cool to see gilbert having so much fun and enjoying basketball again in orlando.

He has always been a great player,however other non important things have ruined his career.In his career year,few guys could have stood in the debate of best shooter (put Dirk in there,but i give the edge to Arenas),phenomenal overall scorer and very explosive...
Back to top Go down
SO6P [KING]
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
SO6P [KING]

Male Posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: Gilbert Arenas says goodbye to DC   Gilbert Arenas says goodbye to DC EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 3:02 am

Gilbert Arenas made the Wizards exciting from 2005-2008 Gilbert Arenas says goodbye to DC 372102
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gilbert Arenas says goodbye to DC   Gilbert Arenas says goodbye to DC Empty

Back to top Go down

Gilbert Arenas says goodbye to DC
Page 1 of 1