Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Knicks shouldn't trade for Melo.

Go down 
+6
Fox News
cbi
brownie13
Chris
Abdu
BNB
10 posters
AuthorMessage
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

Knicks shouldn't trade for Melo.  Empty
PostSubject: Knicks shouldn't trade for Melo.    Knicks shouldn't trade for Melo.  EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 1:02 pm

I don't think they should.. and i don't think they will.

They've got a good thing going. Plus, their biggest need isn't even a SF. Their biggest need is another big guy.

The knicks are set at G and F. If they trade for Melo, they would give up too much to get him then they would just have a lot more holes. They should be looking at ways to trade for a physical C so they could move Amar'e to PF, they'll have Chandler and Danilo at SF [one of them off the bench], Felton douglas, fields and Azubuike when he comes back at G.

The knicks would just screw everything up if they traded for melo. I don't think they expected Felton to be this good and Amar'e to make such a big difference.. plus Fields. Chandler and Danilo are also improved. 2 Months ago, melo made sense... now.. he doesn't.

I think the Nets trade for Melo. The trade they just made tells me that. They recieved 2 first round picks. Now they have everything the Nuggets want. First round picks, young talent [Favors] and the nets would throw in a couple of more players like Travis Outlaw or get another team involved so the Nuggets could get another player or pick.
Back to top Go down
Abdu
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Abdu

Male Posts : 2595

PostSubject: Re: Knicks shouldn't trade for Melo.    Knicks shouldn't trade for Melo.  EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 1:34 pm

Yea I guess so
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

Male Posts : 5401

PostSubject: Re: Knicks shouldn't trade for Melo.    Knicks shouldn't trade for Melo.  EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 3:50 pm

I have to agree with you.

I really like Knicks backcourt and Amare is great at PF now only if they can find a Hibbert, Okafor, Haywood etc they will be deadly.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: Knicks shouldn't trade for Melo.    Knicks shouldn't trade for Melo.  EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 5:02 pm

Depends on what they'd have to give up for Carmelo in a trade. If they lost two of their rotation players (Galo/Fields, Galo/Chandler, or Chandler/Fields), it wouldn't be worth it. However, if it was Gallinari and Randolph, then it might be worth it. They don't give Randolph any minutes to begin with.

So a trade that had Galinarri, Curry, and Randolph, plus a pick might entice the Nuggets to trade Carmelo.

That would leave the Knicks with a rotation of:

Felton/Douglas
Fields/Williams/Walker
Anthony/Willaims/Walker
Chandler/Anthony/Amare
Amare/Turiaf/Mozgov

That starting lineup is pretty scary, especially if they can find themselves a better center than Turiaf. It's definitely better than the one featuring Gallinari. Both Amare and Carmelo are capable of playing well off the ball. Carmelo did it a little alongside Iverson, and Amare had done it his whole career alongside Nash. However, if they truly believe they can get him in the off-season for even less, then they should definitely wait. I really don't think this is a situation where they just let the Net go after him and lock him up. They're going to acquire him, and he's going to make them better.
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Knicks shouldn't trade for Melo.    Knicks shouldn't trade for Melo.  EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 5:09 pm

holy shit the knicks are deep. why was mark jackson saying they werent?

Felton, Douglas, Fields, Gallo, Chandler, Buike, Walker, Amare, Turiaf, Mozgov.

Id give up every PG-SF on the Cavs for just Gallo, Fields, Dougals, Buike and Chandler.
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: Knicks shouldn't trade for Melo.    Knicks shouldn't trade for Melo.  EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 5:14 pm

Except Gibson and Harris. The Cavs need to keep them forever.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Knicks shouldn't trade for Melo.    Knicks shouldn't trade for Melo.  EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 5:16 pm

cbi wrote:
holy shit the knicks are deep. why was mark jackson saying they werent?

Felton, Douglas, Fields, Gallo, Chandler, Buike, Walker, Amare, Turiaf, Mozgov.

Id give up every PG-SF on the Cavs for just Gallo, Fields, Dougals, Buike and Chandler.
there not deep........
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: Knicks shouldn't trade for Melo.    Knicks shouldn't trade for Melo.  EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 5:17 pm

Every single one of those guys excpet buike and walker would get PT on any team. And they all are young and have great futures. Deep.
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: Knicks shouldn't trade for Melo.    Knicks shouldn't trade for Melo.  EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 6:59 pm

The biggest thing I worry about is chemistry.

The Knicks are gelling right now and Melo's motives are pretty selfish. What happens when he dominates the ball? He's not an effective passer and could turn many offensive opportunities into a one on one show as he does in Denver. Taking shots away from players who have been getting good looks and Anthony's penchant for over-dribbling the basketball ball.

I think Amar'e is enjoying being the main man. Carmelo would change that immensely.
Back to top Go down
Snow.
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Snow.

Male Posts : 685

PostSubject: Re: Knicks shouldn't trade for Melo.    Knicks shouldn't trade for Melo.  EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 12:45 am

As if you wouln't want the hardest person to mark in the nba... a guy who can make his own shots and take away pressure off Amare, one of the best perimeter players in the NBA, like YO Adrien! said (wait whos that?) it mostly depends on who we trade for him, i like Gallinari/ Randolph or Chandler/Randolph with Curry just not the promising Fields, it is correct that we do need another big man to ease off but then its going to get cramped up in the middle the Magic suck when both Gortat and Howard are in the paint at the same time...

Rumours also seeing us getting Mayo? i like Mayo he can score and he has a promising future and if works out can lead us to years of success not just the next 5 or so (Stoudamire is now 27 in five years will be 33) thats not contender numbers when your a big man, it can be but i dont think so... I'd Rather Mayo than Wil though i do love Wil but as if you wouldnt rather Mayo? plus he needs to get out of Memphis.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

PostSubject: Re: Knicks shouldn't trade for Melo.    Knicks shouldn't trade for Melo.  EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 12:53 am

I never said teams wouldn't WANT melo.. and I never said the Knicks wouldn't WANT melo.. I said I don't think they'll TRADE for him.

The Nuggets want a lot for Melo. When there was rumors about Melo to the bulls, a source said they were asking for Noah, Deng, Gibson and a first round pick. That's fuckin a lot. Obviously, the Bulls didn't go through with it. So I expect them to ask for a lot if they trade him to the knicks. If they weren't asking for a lot, the trade might have happened already.

Also, there may be chemistry issues... like Nick said. The knicks are playing some good basketball now.. they have a feel for each other. If they get rid of some of those guys and add another one who will dominate the ball, that COULD ruin the team. If they can get him as a free agent, that would be better cuz they would only lose curry and a couple other players who don't play anyway.
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

PostSubject: Re: Knicks shouldn't trade for Melo.    Knicks shouldn't trade for Melo.  EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 12:56 am

Snow. wrote:
As if you wouln't want the hardest person to mark in the nba... a guy who can make his own shots and take away pressure off Amare, one of the best perimeter players in the NBA, like YO Adrien! said (wait whos that?) it mostly depends on who we trade for him, i like Gallinari/ Randolph or Chandler/Randolph with Curry just not the promising Fields, it is correct that we do need another big man to ease off but then its going to get cramped up in the middle the Magic suck when both Gortat and Howard are in the paint at the same time...

Rumours also seeing us getting Mayo? i like Mayo he can score and he has a promising future and if works out can lead us to years of success not just the next 5 or so (Stoudamire is now 27 in five years will be 33) thats not contender numbers when your a big man, it can be but i dont think so... I'd Rather Mayo than Wil though i do love Wil but as if you wouldnt rather Mayo? plus he needs to get out of Memphis.

Wait... yer a Knicks fan and an Orlando fan and Reggie Miller is your favorite player?

Whoa... You must've been very conflicted at times.
Back to top Go down
Snow.
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Snow.

PostSubject: Re: Knicks shouldn't trade for Melo.    Knicks shouldn't trade for Melo.  EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 1:00 am

Lol i meant as if the Knicks wouldnt want him...
though i do agree with you but they do run pretty much a 7 man rotation, i think they should focus more on the depth of the bench before the playoffs as someone said before get a big man to compliment Amare, gosh Randolph was such a fail
and i'd like to see them play Mozgov, Buike and Walker more if not trade them. they dont deserve to be bench warmers, give Buike a go more...

if they want a go at the playoffs i truely reackon they need to focus on the bench...
Back to top Go down
Snow.
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Snow.

PostSubject: Re: Knicks shouldn't trade for Melo.    Knicks shouldn't trade for Melo.  EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 1:03 am

Nick C wrote:
Snow. wrote:

Wait... yer a Knicks fan and an Orlando fan and Reggie Miller is your favorite player?

Whoa... You must've been very conflicted at times.

LMAO.. yer this is complicated. i was born and grew up in NY since i was about 12 (explains me as a knicks fan) then moved to Orland for 6 years were i became a fan of the game much more when Magic had McGrady... As for Reggie Miller i just watched videos of him and some of his more recent games when i had gotten older
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

PostSubject: Re: Knicks shouldn't trade for Melo.    Knicks shouldn't trade for Melo.  EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 1:25 am

Snow. wrote:
LMAO.. yer this is complicated. i was born and grew up in NY since i was about 12 (explains me as a knicks fan) then moved to Orland for 6 years were i became a fan of the game much more when Magic had McGrady... As for Reggie Miller i just watched videos of him and some of his more recent games when i had gotten older

Okay. Got it. Haha... I have soft spots for CHI (born there, but that was pre-Jordan), NY (lived there for a couple of years) and the Nuggets (lived there), but they kinda' stopped being a team I liked.

Funny though, I lived in Boston and hated living there and hated the Celtics, but I have mad respect for the real big three McHale, Bird and Parish....
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

Male Posts : 5401

PostSubject: Re: Knicks shouldn't trade for Melo.    Knicks shouldn't trade for Melo.  EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 9:19 am

Nick, we all know that your a Celtic fan too..
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Knicks shouldn't trade for Melo.    Knicks shouldn't trade for Melo.  EmptySat Dec 18, 2010 9:26 am

That's very good solution.They need a big man,that's it
Back to top Go down
SO6P [KING]
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
SO6P [KING]

Male Posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: Knicks shouldn't trade for Melo.    Knicks shouldn't trade for Melo.  EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 2:54 am

New York needs perimeter scoring and a Center

They should sign Carmelo Anthony and Tyson Chandler on the off-season, or trade for Carmelo before Feb. and then sign Chandler through
FA
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

PostSubject: Re: Knicks shouldn't trade for Melo.    Knicks shouldn't trade for Melo.  EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 9:46 pm

The Fantastic Five wrote:
Nick, we all know that your a Celtic fan too..

Knicks shouldn't trade for Melo.  117549
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Knicks shouldn't trade for Melo.    Knicks shouldn't trade for Melo.  EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 10:59 pm

King wrote:

They should sign Carmelo Anthony and Tyson Chandler on the off-season, or trade for Carmelo before Feb. and then sign Chandler through
FA

They have elite perimeter scoring....

They need a good center
Back to top Go down
SO6P [KING]
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
SO6P [KING]

Male Posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: Knicks shouldn't trade for Melo.    Knicks shouldn't trade for Melo.  EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 1:48 am

Magic wrote:
King wrote:

FA

They have elite perimeter scoring....

They need a good center

They don't have consistent perimeter scoring or enough to contend with the beasts of the east, retard.

They do need a Cent
er!
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Knicks shouldn't trade for Melo.    Knicks shouldn't trade for Melo.  EmptyFri Jan 07, 2011 1:57 am

there fine on the perimeter,"retard". they just need a center.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Knicks shouldn't trade for Melo.    Knicks shouldn't trade for Melo.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Knicks shouldn't trade for Melo.
Page 1 of 1