Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Southeast Division Owners: Charlotte Bobcats

Go down 
2 posters

Are the Bobcats owners doing a good job?
Yes
Southeast Division Owners: Charlotte Bobcats Vote_lcap0%Southeast Division Owners: Charlotte Bobcats Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No
Southeast Division Owners: Charlotte Bobcats Vote_lcap100%Southeast Division Owners: Charlotte Bobcats Vote_rcap
 100% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 2

AuthorMessage
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

Southeast Division Owners: Charlotte Bobcats Empty
PostSubject: Southeast Division Owners: Charlotte Bobcats   Southeast Division Owners: Charlotte Bobcats EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 3:18 pm

Charlotte Bobcats

Who owns them?
Bobcats Sports and Entertainment is the ownership group. The majority owner and chairman is Michael Jordan, who is the best player and jumping advertisement of all time. He bought the majority stake from now-minority owner Robert Johnson, who was the head of BET this past March.

Does Ownership Own other teams and facilities?
Yes. The Bobcats own Time Warner Cable Arena since they were founded in 2004. They also owned the WNBA's Charlotte Sting until 2007 when they folded the team. Ownership didn't want to own the Sting because for whatever reason they didn't move with the Hornets who used to be in Charlotte.

Do I think that Ownership is doing a good job?
Like Atlanta, no I don't. There's a reason why this team changed ownership from a billionaire in Bob Johnson to Michael Jordan. It's not just because MJ wanted to own his own team. Even with their playoff season last year led by a coaching legend in Larry Brown, a Tar Heel nonetheless, they could only barely hit over 80% capacity in a state of the art arena. They are still at 80% capacity so far this year. In their first season only about 60% of the arena was filled on average..... VERY BAD for an expansion team, though they did come into a city that just lost an NBA team. The Cats on the court have gradually improved in the long term like the Hawks more or less. This season however the Cats will likely take a step back...
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

PostSubject: Re: Southeast Division Owners: Charlotte Bobcats   Southeast Division Owners: Charlotte Bobcats EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 3:23 pm

Well Jordan has made some good moves. The team he put together took the Bobcats to their first playoff appearence ever. So that part is kinda okay.

I feel like the Bobcats are competing with UNC and Duke when it comes to ticket sales and shit hahaha.

But overall.. idk. The effort SEEMS to be there but I guess the results aren't. So a little yes and a little no
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

PostSubject: Re: Southeast Division Owners: Charlotte Bobcats   Southeast Division Owners: Charlotte Bobcats EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 3:44 pm

Well, I know Duke, UNC, NCSU, and Wake Forest (it's the ACC school that's closest to Charlotte) are competitors to the NBA per se, but Charlotte isn't a close drive to any of those schools, so to me it's not much of an excuse. If the Charlotte Bobcats were the Raleigh Bobcats then I agree 100%.
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Southeast Division Owners: Charlotte Bobcats   Southeast Division Owners: Charlotte Bobcats Empty

Back to top Go down

Southeast Division Owners: Charlotte Bobcats
Page 1 of 1