Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Anybody find Fantasy Mock Draft order a bit weird this year?

Go down 
+5
Chris
brownie13
Snow.
Nick C
Mo
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Mo
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

Male Posts : 1066

Anybody find Fantasy Mock Draft order a bit weird this year? Empty
PostSubject: Anybody find Fantasy Mock Draft order a bit weird this year?   Anybody find Fantasy Mock Draft order a bit weird this year? EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 12:25 am

The order is a little bit weird of the best players:

1. Kevin Durant (Makes sense)
2. Chris Paul (Kinda?)
3. LeBron James (Makes senses)
4. Dirk Nowitizki (Where'd this come from? He was like 30th last year, he's great but I didn't know that great)
5. Dwyane Wade (Should be 4)
6. Stephen Curry (Woah, a little high or not?)
7. Kobe Bryant (Expected him to drop)
8. Danny Granger (Just about right)
9. Deron Williams (Good placement)
10. Pau Gasol (I like this move, his stats deserve to be this high)

Notables:

12. Carmelo (Makes sense)
17. Dwight Howard (He dropped a hell of a ton)
18. Rajon Rondo (I think he deserves to be higher)
128. Ron Artest (He should definitely be higher)
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: Anybody find Fantasy Mock Draft order a bit weird this year?   Anybody find Fantasy Mock Draft order a bit weird this year? EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 1:53 am

It just depends on what mock draft you look at.

Basically 1 to 3 is a lock.. I have like 6 fantasy magazines and those three are in the same order. Though for me, I don't like taking players after a major injury. I feel like CP in theory is a good second pick, but I don't think he gonna' last the whole season injury free (plus I don't buy that he happy as a Hornet)... in fact of the top three I think he has the most potential to kill your fantasy team.

After that it varies from writer to writer.

I've seen Dwight as high as 7th and Kobe as high as 5.
Back to top Go down
Snow.
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Snow.

Male Posts : 685

PostSubject: Re: Anybody find Fantasy Mock Draft order a bit weird this year?   Anybody find Fantasy Mock Draft order a bit weird this year? EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 2:47 am

where can i go (what websites) do i go to
to get into that stuff?
ive never done one of those things before
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: Anybody find Fantasy Mock Draft order a bit weird this year?   Anybody find Fantasy Mock Draft order a bit weird this year? EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 6:52 am

that's pretty much what it looks like. curry is high because of his shooting efficiency

fantasy isn't so much about being a good player but the type of stats you rack up. defense matter 0 in fantasy.

guards: assists, steals, points, shooting percentage (fg and ft), 3 points made

forwards: steals, points, shooting percentage, blocks, rebounds

centers: points, blocks, rebounds, fg%

kinda what you wanna look for
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

Male Posts : 5401

PostSubject: Re: Anybody find Fantasy Mock Draft order a bit weird this year?   Anybody find Fantasy Mock Draft order a bit weird this year? EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 10:19 am

Yeah..First time i try fantasy draft but wtf, Dirk so high and Curry? Iggy is too low too.
Back to top Go down
Abdu
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Abdu

Male Posts : 2595

PostSubject: Re: Anybody find Fantasy Mock Draft order a bit weird this year?   Anybody find Fantasy Mock Draft order a bit weird this year? EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 11:36 am

CP3, Dirk, Curry are all too high. Where is D - Rose?? And I really wanna know why Howard is so low lol
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: Anybody find Fantasy Mock Draft order a bit weird this year?   Anybody find Fantasy Mock Draft order a bit weird this year? EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 3:12 pm

1. Kevin Durant - Duh
2. Chris Paul - One of the best fantasy players in the NBA
3. LeBron James - Probably like 23/10/5 or around there. Good
4. Dirk Nowitizki - WTF
5. Dwyane Wade
6. Stephen Curry - It's a stretch, but might work. The Warriors have been rumored to be shopping Monta, and if that happens, Stephen Curry is controlling the biggest run n gun team in the NBA. I think if that happens, he can hit like 23/7/4
7. Kobe Bryant - 25+ PPG
8. Danny Granger
9. Deron Williams
10. Pau Gasol

Notables:

12. Carmelo
17. Dwight Howard WTF
18. Rajon Rondo - Higher!
128. Ron Artest - Fair placing I guess. He doesn't really do much for fantasy
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: Anybody find Fantasy Mock Draft order a bit weird this year?   Anybody find Fantasy Mock Draft order a bit weird this year? EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 3:31 pm

King Abdulâ„¢ wrote:
CP3, Dirk, Curry are all too high. Where is D - Rose?? And I really wanna know why Howard is so low lol

Rose: Doesn't generate enough stls and 3's (plus low 3ptr %). And even though he attacks the rim he doesn't go to the line much. Plus the 6 ast a game he gets is good, but not great for a PG.

Howard's issues are his FT% and HIGH turnovers to low assist which are so bad at times he can be the difference between winning and losing those two categories. Also his ability to go for stretches with mid to high teens in scoring.

It doesn't make either one any less of a great real life player. But, in terms of fantasy were small things can be the difference between winning and losing the match ups it can bite you in the butt.

I had Howard and Rose last year and won, but it was because I drafted players that could pick up whatever those two couldn't, to try and balance it out.

I do think that Rose will improve more than Howard and with the additions the Bulls made, Rose should see a raise in his assist to elite status.

Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Anybody find Fantasy Mock Draft order a bit weird this year?   Anybody find Fantasy Mock Draft order a bit weird this year? EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 4:31 pm

Artest is understandable - I don't see him raking in great stats on a consistent basis which could screw over your fantasy team. Sounds just about right to me with regards to every player you listed.
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

Male Posts : 5401

PostSubject: Re: Anybody find Fantasy Mock Draft order a bit weird this year?   Anybody find Fantasy Mock Draft order a bit weird this year? EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 5:19 pm

Nick C wrote:
King Abdulâ„¢ wrote:

Rose: Doesn't generate enough stls and 3's (plus low 3ptr %). And even though he attacks the rim he doesn't go to the line much. Plus the 6 ast a game he gets is good, but not great for a PG.

Howard's issues are his FT% and HIGH turnovers to low assist which are so bad at times he can be the difference between winning and losing those two categories. Also his ability to go for stretches with mid to high teens in scoring.

It doesn't make either one any less of a great real life player. But, in terms of fantasy were small things can be the difference between winning and losing the match ups it can bite you in the butt.

I had Howard and Rose last year and won, but it was because I drafted players that could pick up whatever those two couldn't, to try and balance it out.

I do think that Rose will improve more than Howard and with the additions the Bulls made, Rose should see a raise in his assist to elite status.

I need a fantasy teacher! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
John14
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
John14

Male Posts : 3251

PostSubject: Re: Anybody find Fantasy Mock Draft order a bit weird this year?   Anybody find Fantasy Mock Draft order a bit weird this year? EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 4:00 pm

First time im trying fantasy..

but it doesnt seem that bad..

but curry WAY to high
Back to top Go down
Snow.
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Snow.

Male Posts : 685

PostSubject: Re: Anybody find Fantasy Mock Draft order a bit weird this year?   Anybody find Fantasy Mock Draft order a bit weird this year? EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 1:50 am

for the second time...
:L
where do i join for fantasy ...
a good one
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: Anybody find Fantasy Mock Draft order a bit weird this year?   Anybody find Fantasy Mock Draft order a bit weird this year? EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 5:32 am

somebody here will probably make one Snow
Back to top Go down
Abdu
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Abdu

Male Posts : 2595

PostSubject: Re: Anybody find Fantasy Mock Draft order a bit weird this year?   Anybody find Fantasy Mock Draft order a bit weird this year? EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 2:14 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anybody find Fantasy Mock Draft order a bit weird this year?   Anybody find Fantasy Mock Draft order a bit weird this year? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anybody find Fantasy Mock Draft order a bit weird this year?
Page 1 of 1