Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Lamar Odom vs kobe bryant.

Go down 
+3
FC
Tar Heel
John14
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
John14
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
John14

Male Posts : 3251

Lamar Odom vs kobe bryant. Empty
PostSubject: Lamar Odom vs kobe bryant.   Lamar Odom vs kobe bryant. EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 10:07 pm

ok this debat is between me and candyman and raza but feel free to join,but be serious.

statistics

Kobe bryant as a main man=(highest from everything)35 ppg5 assist 5 rebounds
lamar odom as a main man+(highest from everything)17 ppg 9 rebouns 5 assist

result=kobe bryant

kobe bryant as the unmain man+(highest from everything)30 ppg 6 and 5
lamar odom as the umain man=(highest for everything) 15 10 and 5

result=kobe

3.points
kobe=35
lamar odom=17
result:kobe

rebounds
kobe:6
lamar:10
result lamar

assist
kobe:nearly 7
nearly 6

fg.
kobe:468
odom:4.9
result:odom

steals
kobe:2.2
odom:1.2

ft
kobe:853
lamar:719

3 point
kobe:380
lamar:370

result
kobe wins 7-2

accomplisments
kobe.
5 time champion
2. time finals mvp
1.mvp

lamar
2 time champion
0 times finals mvp
0 times mvp

result:kobe by alot

other
odom:rookie first team

kobe:
2× All-Defensive Second Team (2001–2002)
8× All-Def12× NBA All-Star (1998, 2000–2010)
2× NBA scoring champion (2006–2007)
8× All-NBA First Team (2002–2004, 2006–2010)
2× All-NBA Second Team (2000–2001)
2× All-NBA Third Team (1999, 2005) ensive First Team (2000, 2003–2004, 2006–2010)

result kobe bryant

ok candyman and raza ,explain your side
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

Male Posts : 5845

PostSubject: Re: Lamar Odom vs kobe bryant.   Lamar Odom vs kobe bryant. EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 10:08 pm

Odom isn't a ballhog, and has much more talent; he's the closest we've come to another Magic (a point guard in a power forward's body), while Kobe is merely a passable Jordan imitator.

Odom.
Back to top Go down
FC
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
FC

Male Posts : 822

PostSubject: Re: Lamar Odom vs kobe bryant.   Lamar Odom vs kobe bryant. EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 10:09 pm

odom and its not even close
Back to top Go down
John14
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
John14

PostSubject: Re: Lamar Odom vs kobe bryant.   Lamar Odom vs kobe bryant. EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 10:10 pm

you cant put your opinion,you have to back it up by stats,btw no being sarcastic this is a real debate,
Back to top Go down
Abdu
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Abdu

Male Posts : 2595

PostSubject: Re: Lamar Odom vs kobe bryant.   Lamar Odom vs kobe bryant. EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 10:14 pm

Hold on lemme get my argument together.. Lamar Odom vs kobe bryant. 497816
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: Lamar Odom vs kobe bryant.   Lamar Odom vs kobe bryant. EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 10:15 pm

Lamar Odom is the most versatile player in NBA history. Had he been the first man in Los Angeles when his career was set and he was a ready player, he could put up a statline of 24/14/3 shooting well over 60%. The Lakers are corrupted by Kobe and Phil Jackson. Jackson and Kobe are clearly working together to make it seem like Odom is just a role player. Take Kobe off of the Lakers and Odom is getting MVP, easy. Odom has also dunked on Kobe before showing his superiority over Bryant. If Odom is so bad, then how come he packed it on Kobe's head? Phil Jackson and the Lakers organization traded for Pau Gasol because they knew Lamar Odom is too good for the bench. They worked with David Stern to get Pau Gasol for free pretty much so they had a solid PF that they can use over Odom without too much controversy about the starting role. The NBA is after Odom and it's clear to everybody except biased Kobe fans like you. Odom averaged 14/12 against the Suns in the WCF last year, with the referees working against him along with a great post defender in Amare Stoudemire and a great defensive team like the Phoenix Suns. Kobe got superstar treatment, so the Suns were not able to get near him without a foul called. Kobe exploited that and put up great numbers. The NBA is fixed to work against Lamar Odom, because he just isn't popular enough to be known as the best player in the NBA, which he is. Get away from stats for a minute, god damn. People who use stats to determine things are so lame. You're just blinded by Kobe's jizz in your eyes.
Back to top Go down
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

Male Posts : 6732

PostSubject: Re: Lamar Odom vs kobe bryant.   Lamar Odom vs kobe bryant. EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 10:15 pm

This is ridiculous. Everyone knows Odom is far better than Mr.Bryant.

Odom is more versatile. A much better rebounder. Odom has averaged more block shots and is also more efficient from the floor. Odom is more of a team player as well, and can defend players from multiple positions.

I'm going with Odom.

Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Lamar Odom vs kobe bryant.   Lamar Odom vs kobe bryant. EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 10:16 pm

FC: Odom
Marshall: Odom
Candyman: Odom
Me: Odom
Dwayne: Odom

You: Kobe

5-1 Odom
Back to top Go down
John14
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
John14

PostSubject: Re: Lamar Odom vs kobe bryant.   Lamar Odom vs kobe bryant. EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 10:18 pm

Raza your the one who told me to stop using if`s,and use facts not opinions,

put a stat line of 24/14/3 over 60 % lmfao

he never averaged more than 17 never average more than 10 and never shot more the 500 %

put up a stat line

kobe has put up 40/10/10,continue

its not a picking contest its a debate
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

PostSubject: Re: Lamar Odom vs kobe bryant.   Lamar Odom vs kobe bryant. EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 10:22 pm

John, you should know by now that stats NEVER tell the whole tale. Put Lamar in charge of LA and they'd beat the Bulls' wins record for sure. With Kobe, it might still be possible, but I'd sleep much more soundly if LO was given the keys.
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

Male Posts : 5078

PostSubject: Re: Lamar Odom vs kobe bryant.   Lamar Odom vs kobe bryant. EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 10:22 pm

You're looking at statistics too much and overevaluating the points per game department as well as the accolades apartment. If you observe closely, it's clear that Lamar Odom is a better basketball player than Kobe Bryant because he doesn't argue calls, he's a better rebounder, a better passer, and a better teammate overall. Kobe Bryant didn't understand the basic fundamentals of basketball until the eclipse of his career, Odom got it from the get-go. While Odom may have a disadvantage in the points and scoring area, it's unfair to compare them because Odom has never been the "main man" Kobe had high expectations ever since he came into the league. Odom proved everyone wrong by becoming the most complete Power Forwrd this game has ever seen. Kobe would not be Kobe if it were not for Odom's influence. The big void in Kobe's career has been that he never molded well with his teammates, guess what, Odom has! He's been praised everywhere he goes as a great teammate, leader, and overall a great player. He can play post defense, perimeter defense, he can pass, he can shoot, he has athleticism, he has IQ, he can save your baby from malaria, you name it, Odom's your main man. As for Kobe, he can shoot, play defense, make clutch shots, and he could care less if your baby had malaria. Do you get it yet? I bet not, because you're too blatant to understand the basic fundamentals of being a good basketball player. There's more too the game then putting the ball in the hoop. You have to do everything else as well. And don't give me that 5 time champion shit, everyone knows 3 of those were Shaq's. So really, it's tied 2-2, in Odom's favor, because that's how awesome he is. He can beat you even if it's tied. Which brings me to another point. Do you know that every 5 seconds Kobe kills a kitten? I don't know how that's related to anything, but it's a true fact. I'll tell you the truth. I can't stand unintelligent mortals who are incompetent of comprehending the basic fact that Lamar Odom is a better basketball player than Kobe Bryant. Phil Jackson even said it himself, "When all is silent and someone farts, Lamar Odom is that fart that interrupts the silence." When describing Kobe, "We got a new player?". Hope I've made a point.
Back to top Go down
John14
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
John14

PostSubject: Re: Lamar Odom vs kobe bryant.   Lamar Odom vs kobe bryant. EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 10:24 pm

NO ONE HAS BEEN ABLE TO ARGUE WITHOUT SAYIN SHIT LIKE OH THERE MAKING HIM BAD OR IF HE WAS THE STARTER

BRING ON THE FACTS NOT OPINIONS
Back to top Go down
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

Male Posts : 6732

PostSubject: Re: Lamar Odom vs kobe bryant.   Lamar Odom vs kobe bryant. EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 10:25 pm

Odom is a more efficient scorer.
He is a better rebounder.
He is a better team player.
He is more versatile.
He loves candy.
He's married to a Kardashian.
Kobe is a bad teammate.
Kobe rap...uh Shaq rapped and disses Kobe out.
Kobe would be nowhere without Derek Fisher.
Lamar Odom has more natural talent than anybody in the history of basketball.
Back to top Go down
John14
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
John14

PostSubject: Re: Lamar Odom vs kobe bryant.   Lamar Odom vs kobe bryant. EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 10:26 pm

odom was supose to be the main man on the clipper and he was the main main
result 17/10 and no playoffs

and once again we got another post made of total bs crap and no facts
Back to top Go down
Abdu
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Abdu

Male Posts : 2595

PostSubject: Re: Lamar Odom vs kobe bryant.   Lamar Odom vs kobe bryant. EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 10:27 pm

I think we have a winner.. cheers
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

PostSubject: Re: Lamar Odom vs kobe bryant.   Lamar Odom vs kobe bryant. EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 10:29 pm

Until you provide me with a thorough, well-thoughtout thesis on why you think Kobe Bryant is a better basketball player than Lamar Odom, I will not give you stats on why Odom is better.
Back to top Go down
John14
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
John14

PostSubject: Re: Lamar Odom vs kobe bryant.   Lamar Odom vs kobe bryant. EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 10:30 pm

umm no we dont,

i have proved everybody wrong with facts!!!im proud lol,

and as of the debate im arguing people with opinion so i can go all nite and get a responce like lamar is better and never got to be the main man

candyman thats why in the draft game for your first pick your chices were kobe shaq and not odom rite...

and ight ill provide you with a thesis
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Lamar Odom vs kobe bryant.   Lamar Odom vs kobe bryant. EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 10:32 pm

John just give up. I don't think it's necessary for everybody to take time out of their busy lives to post a novel on why odom is better, since it's 6-1, with the 1 being a biased Kobe fan. Marshall, go ahead and lock the thread. This " debate" is clearly over with a 6-1 easy blowout for odom
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

PostSubject: Re: Lamar Odom vs kobe bryant.   Lamar Odom vs kobe bryant. EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 10:33 pm

I think it's pretty decisive in favor of LO.
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

PostSubject: Re: Lamar Odom vs kobe bryant.   Lamar Odom vs kobe bryant. EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 10:34 pm

Here are your damn stats by the way:

Odom's career high in ORtg: 116.

Kobe's career high in ORtg: 115.

Even though that's a one point difference, that stat proves that Odom in his prime was just as valuable as an offensive player as Kobe was.

Now to defense. Odom's high in DWS (defensive win shares): 4.9

Kobe: 4.5

That proves that Odom contributed more to his team's wins because of his defense than Kobe did.
Back to top Go down
John14
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
John14

PostSubject: Re: Lamar Odom vs kobe bryant.   Lamar Odom vs kobe bryant. EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 10:35 pm

Kobe bryant has lead a team to the championships and became a main man and is very comple and his stats prove it,he started off as a bench player and proved he was the best player in the leage,improving at area he wasnt as good as.doing stuff that people said he wont like scoring 81,winning an mvp,leading a team to the shipand finals mvp so

kobe went from bench to best player

lamar on the other hand was the number one pick and was exepted to stuff as the best player and didnt do what people wated hime to tod unlike kobe,like be the best player on the clippers,make the clipper be in the playoffs

odom went from being the main man to a bench player.

Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

PostSubject: Re: Lamar Odom vs kobe bryant.   Lamar Odom vs kobe bryant. EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 10:35 pm

john wrote:
umm no we dont,

i have proved everybody wrong with facts!!!im proud lol,

and as of the debate im arguing people with opinion so i can go all nite and get a responce like lamar is better and never got to be the main man

candyman thats why in the draft game for your first pick your chices were kobe shaq and not odom rite...

and ight ill provide you with a thesis

Facts are irrelevant to this debate.
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

PostSubject: Re: Lamar Odom vs kobe bryant.   Lamar Odom vs kobe bryant. EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 10:37 pm

Let's keep going. Time for eFG%!

Kobe: .503%
Odom: .554%

Ah, now for another measurement of shooting, TS%!

Kobe: .580%
Odom: .583%

There are your stats.
Back to top Go down
John14
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
John14

PostSubject: Re: Lamar Odom vs kobe bryant.   Lamar Odom vs kobe bryant. EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 10:38 pm

aight i give up

there so no point,

i put reasons why kobe is better and i get something like odom is better cause he is.
odom is better give up with no reasons.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Lamar Odom vs kobe bryant.   Lamar Odom vs kobe bryant. EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 10:38 pm

CAguyofftoUNC wrote:
I think it's pretty decisive in favor of LO.

just lock this. I'm starting to think John is TRYING to waste our time with a nonsense comparison. End it before odom gets even more votes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lamar Odom vs kobe bryant.   Lamar Odom vs kobe bryant. Empty

Back to top Go down

Lamar Odom vs kobe bryant.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next