Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Rajon Rondo is out of Team USA

Go down 
+6
Chris
Chosen One
Nick C
Fox News
Tar Heel
Raza
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

Rajon Rondo is out of Team USA Empty
PostSubject: Rajon Rondo is out of Team USA   Rajon Rondo is out of Team USA EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 2:28 pm

ESPN text:
"Celtics G Rajon Rondo withdraws from Team USA (FIBA World Championship) to tend to family matters"
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

Male Posts : 5845

PostSubject: Re: Rajon Rondo is out of Team USA   Rajon Rondo is out of Team USA EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 2:35 pm

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck...well, at least that means we don't have to worry about who to cut... Neutral
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Rajon Rondo is out of Team USA   Rajon Rondo is out of Team USA EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 2:56 pm

yay!
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: Rajon Rondo is out of Team USA   Rajon Rondo is out of Team USA EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 3:08 pm

Family matters = Didn't dig his role on the team and rather stay at home and get ready for the NBA season which people actually care about.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Rajon Rondo is out of Team USA   Rajon Rondo is out of Team USA EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 3:54 pm

Nick C wrote:
Family matters = Didn't dig his role on the team and rather stay at home and get ready for the NBA season which people actually care about.

^^^
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

Male Posts : 5845

PostSubject: Re: Rajon Rondo is out of Team USA   Rajon Rondo is out of Team USA EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 4:02 pm

Nick C wrote:

Hmmm...maybe that "fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck" should actually be a "yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay"...especially because it's a dick like Rondo. Rajon Rondo is out of Team USA 67163

But then, I'm going to feel bad when I find out that a bunch of his family were killed in a freak car accident...
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: Rajon Rondo is out of Team USA   Rajon Rondo is out of Team USA EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 4:15 pm

Yeah. I would feel bad too if that was the case.

But I think it's more like the him not liking how Coach K was using him.

I actually want Rondo on the team because he can pass and defend and really doesn't care about shooting with that team... He's also a really good hustler and can get into the paint for easy buckets (finishes at the rim too) and passes...

I've been watching FIBA... gotta admit... I don't understand why some big name players aren't participating in terms of physical health... But I understand the lack of interest in playing FIBA.

A lot of the players on this roster won't be there for the Olympics.

Back to top Go down
Chosen One
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Chosen One

Male Posts : 3316

PostSubject: Re: Rajon Rondo is out of Team USA   Rajon Rondo is out of Team USA EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 5:02 pm

I wouldve liked it better if he was cut but I guess this works out Smile
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

Male Posts : 5401

PostSubject: Re: Rajon Rondo is out of Team USA   Rajon Rondo is out of Team USA EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 5:54 pm

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I'm so happy!

Now i'm not gonna be so pissed because i'm not in Greece to watch the USA vs Greece game. If Rondo isn't playing i don't really care Very Happy

But i would've still liked to see Rondo get a medal Sad
I'm cheering for Greece now that Rondo is gone!

Go home and improve your jump-shot babyyyy!

Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Rajon Rondo is out of Team USA   Rajon Rondo is out of Team USA EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 5:54 pm

Crap...
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

PostSubject: Re: Rajon Rondo is out of Team USA   Rajon Rondo is out of Team USA EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 9:32 pm

hahaha @ family matters. 4 hours before he withdrew from the team, he said he thought he was going to be the one that was gonna get cut.. so he just got out before they kicked him out... like a guy quitting his job before getting fired. I guess u keep some of ur pride that way..

anyway... I knew he was gonna be out sooner or later.. cuz of his shot
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: Rajon Rondo is out of Team USA   Rajon Rondo is out of Team USA EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 10:48 pm

If that was the plan he wouldsa never mentioned thinking he would be cut..
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Rajon Rondo is out of Team USA   Rajon Rondo is out of Team USA EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 8:11 am

hammertime! wrote:
If that was the plan he wouldsa never mentioned thinking he would be cut..
lol..actually ur right.

And Rondo missed a practice in New York earlier this month to attend the funeral of his uncle but came back.

Even though he was gonna get cut anyway imo
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Rajon Rondo is out of Team USA   Rajon Rondo is out of Team USA EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 2:47 pm

I read 3 different reports and not one of them mentioned anything about family matters... all of them did say that Rondo thought he was going to be cut.. and shortly after, he withdrew from the team.

Last edited by Bear Down on Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

Male Posts : 5078

PostSubject: Re: Rajon Rondo is out of Team USA   Rajon Rondo is out of Team USA EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 3:00 pm

Rondo is probably the best PG on the team, but he just isn't the type of PG that would succeed at the international level since he can't shoot (Euro there's a lot of zone defenses) and most Euro PG's are pretty big. But I don't understand why he withdrew, he's still the best PG on the team.... scratch
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: Rajon Rondo is out of Team USA   Rajon Rondo is out of Team USA EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 3:02 pm

He got dnp last game...and noone cares about this team...him getting DNP on this team is just direspectful..i would left too.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Rajon Rondo is out of Team USA   Rajon Rondo is out of Team USA EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 3:12 pm

honestly.. Rondo hasn't been anything special in any of the games he has played in so far.. he had more TO's than assists and hasn't really scored at all. Yeah he has been defending well.. but that's it. He didn't belong on that team. Westbrook and Rose aren't as good at D as Rondo, but it's not like they're gonna be going against Williams, Paul, Arenas, etc. They both can score better than Rondo and both have been passing the ball very well...
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Rajon Rondo is out of Team USA   Rajon Rondo is out of Team USA EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 3:14 pm

When it was USA vs. Lithuania, I saw Rondo taking jumpshots... Rajon Rondo is out of Team USA 5529
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Rajon Rondo is out of Team USA   Rajon Rondo is out of Team USA EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 3:20 pm

Rondo is gonna be in trouble when he hits 31-32. He's gonna be slower, so his D isn't going to be as good and he won't be as explosive when he's going towards the basket.. and with no jumpshot, he won't be very good.

he really needs to start working on that shot.. but his form is so ugly and it hasn't improved at all in 4 years..
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Rajon Rondo is out of Team USA   Rajon Rondo is out of Team USA EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 3:31 pm

He will probably have one...
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Rajon Rondo is out of Team USA   Rajon Rondo is out of Team USA EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 3:32 pm

That's like 7 years away. I'm sure when the Big 3 gets way too old and Rondo is the first option on offense, Doc will make him work on the shot...if he's the first option without a jumpshot, oh gosh...
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: Rajon Rondo is out of Team USA   Rajon Rondo is out of Team USA EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 3:33 pm

Rajons jumpshot form is pretty good...IDK..maybe he just doesnt have the soft touch...like jkidd
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Rajon Rondo is out of Team USA   Rajon Rondo is out of Team USA EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 3:34 pm

Rondo can hit the most ridiculous jumpshots and three pointers late in the game, so I guess he's getting somewhere with it...
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Rajon Rondo is out of Team USA   Rajon Rondo is out of Team USA EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 3:40 pm

hammertime! wrote:
Rajons jumpshot form is pretty good...IDK..maybe he just doesnt have the soft touch...like jkidd

huh?!?!

Rondo's form is UGLY!! Just look at it... That isn't a good form at all.

Rajon Rondo is out of Team USA Rondojumper11
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Rajon Rondo is out of Team USA   Rajon Rondo is out of Team USA EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 3:40 pm

Bear Down wrote:
honestly.. Rondo hasn't been anything special in any of the games he has played in so far.. he had more TO's than assists and hasn't really scored at all. Yeah he has been defending well.. but that's it. He didn't belong on that team. Westbrook and Rose aren't as good at D as Rondo, but it's not like they're gonna be going against Williams, Paul, Arenas, etc. They both can score better than Rondo and both have been passing the ball very well...
Wait wait..
More to's than assist's?He had like 4apg in 13mpg while Rose had like 3apg in 20mpg and Westbrook even lower.
He was also the best defender in the team.

But i admit. Rose is exactly the PG that will hurt Europians. He is athletic, big and strong, other PG's will have hard time defending him. Also they need a more fast paced tempo where the PG doesn't dominates the ball and Rondo doesn't fit that much to that system of play.
I was kinda shocked though but after thinking a bit i think it was the obvious choice, even if he withdraw himself or no.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rajon Rondo is out of Team USA   Rajon Rondo is out of Team USA Empty

Back to top Go down

Rajon Rondo is out of Team USA
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next