Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

How will Stephen Curry do in the NBA?

Go down 
+5
Chosen One
Darko
Fox News
No Longer DEAD
cbi
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

How will Stephen Curry do in the NBA? Empty
PostSubject: How will Stephen Curry do in the NBA?   How will Stephen Curry do in the NBA? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 2:43 pm

:bball:

Will he win ROY? I don't think he will. Blake Griffin is a freaking beast!
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: How will Stephen Curry do in the NBA?   How will Stephen Curry do in the NBA? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 2:46 pm

BUST

He's gonna be like a JJ Redick.. scoring/shooting. Nothing else.
Don't say he's good passer.. he's gonna have to deal with NBA defnese now... much harder than the defense he was dealing with before
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How will Stephen Curry do in the NBA?   How will Stephen Curry do in the NBA? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 2:47 pm

I hope he doesn't become a JJ Reddick :l
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How will Stephen Curry do in the NBA?   How will Stephen Curry do in the NBA? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 2:51 pm

Win ROY and let's see where it goes for him from there. I see one All-star season for him if everything goes smoothly.

Warriors have a lot of promising offensive 2G's:

Stephen Curry: Anthony Morrow: Kelenna Azubuike (could play SG), and Corey Maggette -veteran- (could play SG)
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

Male Posts : 5078

PostSubject: Re: How will Stephen Curry do in the NBA?   How will Stephen Curry do in the NBA? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 2:53 pm

My prediction for Stephen Curry's 09-10 stats: 15 PPG, 2 RPG, 3 APG. Not a bust, but he won't live up to his hype.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How will Stephen Curry do in the NBA?   How will Stephen Curry do in the NBA? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 2:58 pm

Imagine if he does Smile
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: How will Stephen Curry do in the NBA?   How will Stephen Curry do in the NBA? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 3:02 pm

He will win ROY. He wil be a great PG in 3-4 years. Him and ricky rubio will be the #1 and #2 PGs in the future
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: How will Stephen Curry do in the NBA?   How will Stephen Curry do in the NBA? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 3:01 pm

THE BOSS OF DC-Visa187 wrote:
He will win ROY. He wil be a great PG in 3-4 years. Him and ricky rubio will be the #1 and #2 PGs in the future
deron? CP3? Rose?
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: How will Stephen Curry do in the NBA?   How will Stephen Curry do in the NBA? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 3:03 pm

Cavs Browns Indians wrote:
deron? CP3? Rose?

NO NO and NO. Rubo and curry will own d will CP3 and rose in the future. Rose will be the # 3 PG
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: How will Stephen Curry do in the NBA?   How will Stephen Curry do in the NBA? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 4:00 pm

Cavs Browns Indians wrote:
deron? CP3? Rose?

NO NO and NO. Rubo and curry will own d will CP3 and rose in the future. Rose will be the # 3 PG

In 2 years,Rose>Paul>Williams>Curry+Rubio>every other PG
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: How will Stephen Curry do in the NBA?   How will Stephen Curry do in the NBA? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 4:01 pm

To answer the question,it's ahrd to predict.He would either be great or would be a bust.But the best result comes after 3-4 years
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How will Stephen Curry do in the NBA?   How will Stephen Curry do in the NBA? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 4:11 pm

I think he'll be good, but he won't win ROY that's for sure. He probably won't see big minutes until the second half of the season. He surely won't get the minutes as most of the other big name draftees. Griffin is the obvious favorite, but I think Tyreke Evans might have an outside shot as well.

Curry is a nice player, but I'm not buying all the hype just yet. If he was such a sure thing, he wouldn't have dropped to #7. He doesn't have a lot of PG experience, but he has an extremely high basketball IQ. He has excellent court vision, and is a skilled passer. He still has some work to do in the gym, but he has a lot of the intangilbles. Growing up around the NBA will give him a leg up on his fellow rookies. He already has the knowledge and maturity of a veteran, he just needs to work on the physical aspects. At the very least, he'll be a serious 3 pt threat. His shot is so pure and his release it so quick, he'll have no problem getting his shot off in the NBA. Not to mention his range is ridiculous.

Last edited by Corey on Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Chosen One
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Chosen One

Male Posts : 3316

PostSubject: Re: How will Stephen Curry do in the NBA?   How will Stephen Curry do in the NBA? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 4:22 pm

I think he will do okay for the fact he is playing for an offensive team like the warriors

Im not sure about ROY though,plenty of other guards in GSW might cram up his minutes.

10-15ppg,3-5 assists
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

PostSubject: Re: How will Stephen Curry do in the NBA?   How will Stephen Curry do in the NBA? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 4:30 pm

Corey wrote:
I think he'll be good, but he won't win ROY that's for sure. He probably won't see big minutes until the second half of the season. He surely won't get the minutes as most of the other big name draftees. Griffin is the obvious favorite, but I think Tyreke Evans might have an outside shot as well.

Curry is a nice player, but I'm not buying all the hype just yet. If he was such a sure thing, he wouldn't have dropped to #7. He doesn't have a lot of PG experience, but he has an extremely high basketball IQ. He has excellent court vision, and is a skilled passer. He still has some work to do in the gym, but he has a lot of the intangilbles. Growing up around the NBA will give him a leg up on his fellow rookies. He already has the knowledge and maturity of a veteran, he just needs to work on the physical aspects. At the very least, he'll be a serious 3 pt threat. His shot is so pure and his release it so quick, he'll have no problem getting his shot off in the NBA. Not to mention his range is ridiculous.

Agreed 100% Corey but before we can call Curry a great shooter or say that "he'll be a serious 3 point threat" he has to prove himself in the NBA, because so far he has not lived up to his hype. Reference the Summer League.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How will Stephen Curry do in the NBA?   How will Stephen Curry do in the NBA? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 4:42 pm

Oh yeah, he's been heavily hyped no doubt. Dick Vitale, Bobby Knight, and Nellie have all declared him the next great NBA player. I don't have those same expectations. I watched him play against Patty Mills and St Marys in last year's NIT and Mills outplayed him.

His summer league play was pretty average, although he did show some nice flashes. One thing that surprised me about him was that sweet dunk he threw down during the predraft workouts. I didn't realize he could get up that high. I am sold on his 3 pt shooting for the most part. He has the same quick release as his dad and he has NBA range. That is the one aspect of his game I have semi-confidence in despite his Summer League woes.
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

PostSubject: Re: How will Stephen Curry do in the NBA?   How will Stephen Curry do in the NBA? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 4:45 pm

Well, he's still unproven. There's a ton of guys who come from small colleges who look promising but then their game never translates to the NBA (Brevin Knight, Michael Conley, Michael Olowokandi lol) but as they always say, it's where amazing happens so I guess anything is possible with Curry, especially with the chance of him becoming great.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How will Stephen Curry do in the NBA?   How will Stephen Curry do in the NBA? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 4:54 pm

I know, I'm not pinning the W's hopes on Curry. Randolph is probably the guy most important to their success. I just think Curry is the closest thing they have to a real PG.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: How will Stephen Curry do in the NBA?   How will Stephen Curry do in the NBA? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 4:55 pm

Curry would become either
-A great PG/SG with awsome game,shooting touch and passing ability
or
-A bust

But to see those results you need atleast 3-4 yeras to see that
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: How will Stephen Curry do in the NBA?   How will Stephen Curry do in the NBA? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 4:55 pm

Curry would become either
-A great PG/SG with awsome game,shooting touch and passing ability
or
-A bust

But to see those results you need atleast 3-4 yeras to see that
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

Male Posts : 14345

PostSubject: Re: How will Stephen Curry do in the NBA?   How will Stephen Curry do in the NBA? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 5:04 pm

Hell do average for a rookie, i see him averaging 12 pts 4 rebs 4 aspg Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.justin.tv/kobefanz/profile
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: How will Stephen Curry do in the NBA?   How will Stephen Curry do in the NBA? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 5:05 pm

He's 50/50. He could be a complete beast and bring his college game over to the NBA, or he could be the next JJ Redick
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: How will Stephen Curry do in the NBA?   How will Stephen Curry do in the NBA? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 5:06 pm

Good predection KB,but i won't say anything good or bad about him untill i see him perfoming in a season then we should talk about it.Peace!
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

PostSubject: Re: How will Stephen Curry do in the NBA?   How will Stephen Curry do in the NBA? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 5:08 pm

Raza wrote:
He's 50/50. He could be a complete beast and bring his college game over to the NBA, or he could be the next JJ Redick

thx Darko
HEY raza are you saying if hes doesn't perform like a beast hell become like reddick?
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: How will Stephen Curry do in the NBA?   How will Stephen Curry do in the NBA? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 5:09 pm

We shall see KB,just wait untill the 31st of October
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

PostSubject: Re: How will Stephen Curry do in the NBA?   How will Stephen Curry do in the NBA? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 5:11 pm

yea...also Curry is very undersized for a SG i think he might be doing alot of Point Guard duty work
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How will Stephen Curry do in the NBA?   How will Stephen Curry do in the NBA? Empty

Back to top Go down

How will Stephen Curry do in the NBA?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next