Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Melo expected to leave Nuggets

Go down 
+10
brownie13
BNB
EM:)
Raza
Snow.
Saeed
Straight Edge Bluntness
Chosen One
Nick C
Tar Heel
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

Male Posts : 5845

Melo expected to leave Nuggets Empty
PostSubject: Melo expected to leave Nuggets   Melo expected to leave Nuggets EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 7:25 pm

Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: Melo expected to leave Nuggets   Melo expected to leave Nuggets EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 7:30 pm

So now the question is...

Does he get traded this year?

Geez... poor Denver. NY doesn't have anything I'd want in return if thats where he's suppose to go. I'm sure some cap space relief, but Denver is not a city that really draws big time free agents.
Back to top Go down
Chosen One
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Chosen One

Male Posts : 3316

PostSubject: Re: Melo expected to leave Nuggets   Melo expected to leave Nuggets EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 7:33 pm

Denver should trade him unless they MIGHT end up like Cleveland.....
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Melo expected to leave Nuggets   Melo expected to leave Nuggets EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 7:34 pm

Eff, I am also hearing that Parker's wife Eva said that Parker wants to play in NY.

But damn, Denver would lose a lot of with Melo gone than the Spurs with Parker gone.
Back to top Go down
Chosen One
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Chosen One

Male Posts : 3316

PostSubject: Re: Melo expected to leave Nuggets   Melo expected to leave Nuggets EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 7:37 pm

Parker wants to go to NYK?

Damn it.....I like Parker and I want to see him stay in SA or at least go to Cleveland Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

PostSubject: Re: Melo expected to leave Nuggets   Melo expected to leave Nuggets EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 7:51 pm

I don't see Parker joining. I think NYK want's Paul even though Tony EM doesn't.
Back to top Go down
Saeed
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Saeed

Male Posts : 8780

PostSubject: Re: Melo expected to leave Nuggets   Melo expected to leave Nuggets EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 7:54 pm

I thought Paul doesn't want to move anymore?

Parker would be almost like Nash 2.0 to Amare. Plus Melo. And Gallo. All they'd need is a few veterans and some young role players and you have yourself a championship caliber team.
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

PostSubject: Re: Melo expected to leave Nuggets   Melo expected to leave Nuggets EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 8:09 pm

Paul has stated that he not going to request a trade after a meeting with the NO brass... That meeting was put together to convince him to stay and that they were working on building him a team...

PR shit...

I don't think he'll stay in NO if the ship starts to sinkin' or they miss the playoffs this year.
Back to top Go down
Snow.
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Snow.

Male Posts : 685

PostSubject: Re: Melo expected to leave Nuggets   Melo expected to leave Nuggets EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 8:11 pm

Chosen One wrote:
+1 Smile
whos the one that has been saying this all along!!!!!

Im buying a melo jersey if he comes!

Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

PostSubject: Re: Melo expected to leave Nuggets   Melo expected to leave Nuggets EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 8:13 pm

Snow. wrote:
Chosen One wrote:
+1 Smile
whos the one that has been saying this all along!!!!!

Im buying a melo jersey if he comes!

You think he's headed to ORL?

Whoa... that would be kinda sick.
Back to top Go down
Snow.
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Snow.

PostSubject: Re: Melo expected to leave Nuggets   Melo expected to leave Nuggets EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 8:15 pm

no new york lol
im a magic fan from new york lol
Back to top Go down
Saeed
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Saeed

Male Posts : 8780

PostSubject: Re: Melo expected to leave Nuggets   Melo expected to leave Nuggets EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 8:17 pm

Nick: Ooooooh. So kind of like Wade? If they suck again he's leaving, but if they bring help he'll stay.

Snow: I'm a Magic fan from West Virginia. WV>>>>NY
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: Melo expected to leave Nuggets   Melo expected to leave Nuggets EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 8:29 pm

I'm all for trading Carmelo sometime during the season. Might as well get something for him

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2665qdx

That seems reasonable
Back to top Go down
Snow.
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Snow.

PostSubject: Re: Melo expected to leave Nuggets   Melo expected to leave Nuggets EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 8:32 pm

rebuilding stage for nuggets??
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Male Posts : 6319

PostSubject: Re: Melo expected to leave Nuggets   Melo expected to leave Nuggets EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 8:34 pm

Smile @ the news!!!!!

You get Buike, Bender, Curry, and Turiaf and just Buike, Bender, Curry, and Turiaf to place alongside K-Mart's expiring contract and like it Raza hahaha. You already obtained Al Harrington. Buike, Bender, Curry, Turiaf and hey what not let's live on the wild side and include Mason J.R. as well. And then you like it haha. That's the nay no to Gallo and Wilson from me especially them leaving together hahaha.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Melo expected to leave Nuggets   Melo expected to leave Nuggets EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 8:34 pm

J.R. Smith would be the first option on offense Melo expected to leave Nuggets 744298

Step 1: Control JR Smith
Step 2: Have Nene play a bigger role
Step 3: Trade Chauncey for some young players
Step 4: Start Ty Lawson cheers

You're looking at a solid 40 win team!
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

PostSubject: Re: Melo expected to leave Nuggets   Melo expected to leave Nuggets EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 8:39 pm

if Melo really wanted to stay, he would have signed it by now. I think he's gonna wait to see how good the Nuggets do this year. He has until July 1st of next year to sign it I think... If they go deep in the playoff, I think he'll stay.

but if they kinda suck mid-season, Nuggets should trade him
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: Melo expected to leave Nuggets   Melo expected to leave Nuggets EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 8:43 pm

sign the freakin extension Sad

not cool man Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Melo expected to leave Nuggets   Melo expected to leave Nuggets EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 8:47 pm

JC back on the Knicks along with Melo would be like a dream come true for me. I think its realistic because ATL overpayed to keep Bibby in ATL, then gave JJ that atrocious contract extension, and brought in Jordan Crawford creating a logjam of G's. Not to mention realistically ATL has no shot of offering upcoming FA's Smith & Horford extensions if they plan on showing JC the money. JC already asked ATL to show him the $. When they don't deliver and he enters FA he has a positive history performance wise with NY and wouldn't be around the headcases he had in his last stint in NY. He can be our 6th Man like he 1st started out in NY as 6th man to a backcourt of headcases in Marbury and Francis. If JC comes back he'll be our 6th Man for a Parker or Felton along with Melo.

PG. ???
SG. MELO
SF. GALLO
PF. AMAR'E
C. ???
6. Crawford
7. Chandler
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Melo expected to leave Nuggets   Melo expected to leave Nuggets EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 8:56 pm

Dub C wrote:

He's the only star in his draft class to make the playoffs each and every season of his career. He's played with quality stars in AI and Billups and a quality underrated Andre Miller. Melo & Miller made the Nuggs exciting they threw alleys left and right but couldn't get past the 1st rd. In came AI. Melo and AI made for the NBA's highest scoring duo. They scored in the high 20+ PPG average the both of them and even had the DPOY in Camby and couldn't get past the 1st rd. The only time he ever got past the 1st rd was when Billups and his leadership came along. That was last season; only one season. This season like I called it Utah took them out and would have done so with or without Karl on the sidelines in Denver I think. Truth is yes Denver is a very good team but they are nothing more than that really. K-Mart's best years are behind him, Nene can't really get any better, J.R. Smith hurts a team more than he helps, and they really aren't as deep as they were in years past. Lawson shows upside but may not be enough.I say Melo should try elsewhere and start over a new leaf and so should the Nuggets. Rebuild again they tried to build deep in playoff run teams but it hasnt exactly panned out for them.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Melo expected to leave Nuggets   Melo expected to leave Nuggets EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 8:58 pm

Ridiculous trade that will never happen but I'm bored so I MADE it happen

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=25vxbqf

Nuggets give up Carmelo Anthony, but they get Antawn Jamison (vet), Gallinari, and Daniel Gibson in return. They also give up Renaldo Balkman but I think that's fine...might as well get something in return for Carmelo

Knicks get their man Carmelo knowing he won't leave next year because he's gonna suck nuts and sign with New York anyway. They also get two solid role players in Moon and Varejao. They gave up Gallinari, who is replaced by Carmelo, Ronny Turiaf, who is replaced by Varejao, Kelenna Azubuike who is better than Jamario but they have Carmelo so scoring isn't needed, and Eddy Curry, who I just needed to make salaries match.

The Cavaliers get some help and depth in their miserable frontcourt with Ronny Turiaf and Eddy Curry, while getting a scorer in Kelenna Azubuike and a good defender in Renaldo Balkman. They're rebuilding anyway, they don't matter...

PG - Chauncey Billups/Ty Lawson/Daniel Gibson
SG - JR Smith/Aaron Afflalo/Coby Karl. JR will need to start with the absence of Carmelo's scoring
SF - Danilo Gallinari/Antawn Jamison/Brian Butch
PF - Al Harrington/Kenyon Martin/Shelden Williams
C - Nene/Chris Andersen

Eh?

Last edited by Raza on Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Melo expected to leave Nuggets   Melo expected to leave Nuggets EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 9:05 pm

Sad poor cleveland hahaha

and yeah I like the Nuggs but really think he should leave to the Knicks or Philly (if they clear space). But Knicks more of course Smile. He should turn to another chapter in his career. I mean the 1 year he did advance past the 1st rd and into the WCF. He was fortunate that Dirk's supporting cast gave in like they have come to do over the years in the semi. Cause truth is and this is coming from a fan of both players and a Cuse' fan as well. Dirk seriously showed Melo up as the teams best player over the other teams best player in that series.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: Melo expected to leave Nuggets   Melo expected to leave Nuggets EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 10:05 pm

TonyEM: Landry Fields wrote:
Dub C wrote:

He's the only star in his draft class to make the playoffs each and every season of his career. He's played with quality stars in AI and Billups and a quality underrated Andre Miller. Melo & Miller made the Nuggs exciting they threw alleys left and right but couldn't get past the 1st rd. In came AI. Melo and AI made for the NBA's highest scoring duo. They scored in the high 20+ PPG average the both of them and even had the DPOY in Camby and couldn't get past the 1st rd. The only time he ever got past the 1st rd was when Billups and his leadership came along. That was last season; only one season. This season like I called it Utah took them out and would have done so with or without Karl on the sidelines in Denver I think. Truth is yes Denver is a very good team but they are nothing more than that really. K-Mart's best years are behind him, Nene can't really get any better, J.R. Smith hurts a team more than he helps, and they really aren't as deep as they were in years past. Lawson shows upside but may not be enough.I say Melo should try elsewhere and start over a new leaf and so should the Nuggets. Rebuild again they tried to build deep in playoff run teams but it hasnt exactly panned out for them.

All those things in bold are reasons that no other team can offer him much more. They did a good job in Denver, but just haven't been good enough. Where can he go that actually has good management and a coach who can actually lead a team to a championship? He should stay in Denver and not let his wife or his hometown roots sway him.
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

Male Posts : 5078

PostSubject: Re: Melo expected to leave Nuggets   Melo expected to leave Nuggets EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 10:12 pm

Dub C wrote:
TonyEM: Landry Fields wrote:
Dub C wrote:

All those things in bold are reasons that no other team can offer him much more. They did a good job in Denver, but just haven't been good enough. Where can he go that actually has good management and a coach who can actually lead a team to a championship? He should stay in Denver and not let his wife or his hometown roots sway him.

Yeah, agreed with Ryan, he would be in a worse situation if he left for New York or New Jersey. Maybe it would be a nice end to his career, but it's unfair to the Nuggets organization AND their fanbase to just ditch them. Sure he may be more loved in NY or NJ but he won't win a championship there. Or get past the first round. Melo's the kind of player that needs the ball in his hands, say CP3 or Parker joins him next year, he won't be handling the ball. Melo isn't a good enough screener or off-the-ball shooter to play a role like Ray Allen does on the Celtics or what Rashard Lewis does on the Magic. Clearly put, Melo needs his OWN team.
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Melo expected to leave Nuggets   Melo expected to leave Nuggets EmptyMon Aug 16, 2010 10:17 pm

Chosen One wrote:
What do you mean? Cleveland traded LeBron and got a shitload of draft picks. I bet one of them turns out to be a role player. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Melo expected to leave Nuggets   Melo expected to leave Nuggets Empty

Back to top Go down

Melo expected to leave Nuggets
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next