Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Miami Heat Season Preview!!

Go down 
+2
BNB
KD35
6 posters
AuthorMessage
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

Male Posts : 6732

Miami Heat Season Preview!! Empty
PostSubject: Miami Heat Season Preview!!   Miami Heat Season Preview!! EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 6:45 pm

Previous Record: 47-35
Projected Record: 64-18
Gained: LeBron James,Chris Bosh,Eddie House,Big Z,Dexter Pittman,Mike Miller,Wade,Beverley,Butler.
Lost: Daequan Cook,Latavious Williams,Michael Beasley,James Jones.

Projected Line-Up:

PG: Mario Chalmers/Carlos Arroyo/Eddie House
SG: Dwyane Wade/Mike Miller
SF: LeBron James/De'Sean Butler
PF: Chris Bosh/Udonis Haslem
C: Zydranus Ilgauskus/Joel Anthony

C'mon. Admit it. These guys put together a far more impressive roster than anyone of us could have imagined. They actually have a solid bench with Arroyo who is a good scoring point guard and can pass well without turning the ball over. House is a good shooter. Miller is a good all-around player. Haslem is a double-double guy. Anthony is a shot blocking machine. Their most obvious weaknessess are the C and PG spots but I think the Big 3 can make up for that against most teams. Will breeze through the league first couple of weeks, but I think will go on a little 3-4 game losing streak. I'm intent on seeing what will happen with this team esecially on a losing streak or if someone gets unhappy with their shot attempts. Otherwise this is a great team. I think will easily make the playoffs but will get eliminated by either the Bulls,Celtics,or Magic in the 2nd round.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

PostSubject: Re: Miami Heat Season Preview!!   Miami Heat Season Preview!! EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 6:52 pm

it's very possible that they can win over 60... I mean, I just can't see how teams will be able to stop Wade, Boah and LBJ all at once.. that's jjust too much.

but imo they won't win 60.. I still have a feeling there might be chemistry issues and I don't like their D downlow... at all.
Back to top Go down
Saeed
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Saeed

Male Posts : 8780

PostSubject: Re: Miami Heat Season Preview!!   Miami Heat Season Preview!! EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 6:58 pm

When people stopped everyone on the Cavs but LeBron, he went 60+ wins.

Look at what happened to Miami and Toronto when everyone but Wade/Bosh were stopped....

Anyteam with good defense against driving offensive players would beat this team.

Besides, Miami's defense isn't nearly as good as teams like LA or Boston. No, not even close actually. Chalmers is an over-rated defender, (gtfo with great defender, cbi). Wade has good balanced D, and all James can do is get a few chase down blocks and everyone thinks he's a top defender (bs). Bosh? If he was at least good at defense he'd be considered the best PF, but hes not... Ilgauskas will get dominated by more than half of the NBA's starting C's. Prolly even more. (again gtfo cbi).
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Miami Heat Season Preview!!   Miami Heat Season Preview!! EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 8:47 pm

they didnt lose james jones.

how did you put bulter and pittman but not varnado? HOW CAN THAT HAPPEN.

Quote :
Chalmers is an over-rated defender, (gtfo with great defender, cbi).Ilgauskas will get dominated by more than half of the NBA's starting C's. Prolly even more. (again gtfo cbi).
Did I say Chalmers was great? I dont think so. He's definately a good defender and professional scouts agree...soooo.
more than half? dominated? he'd lose more than half of the matchups but realisitcally only get dominated by 4 or 5 centers. And when he does get dominated they have Anthony to plug in there and at least help stop the bleeding.

Back to top Go down
Saeed
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Saeed

PostSubject: Re: Miami Heat Season Preview!!   Miami Heat Season Preview!! EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 9:03 pm

Oh. I thought you said great. My bad...

Dominate? Some. Get beat on? More than half.

Joel Anthony=Only .7 more points than Personal Fouls (per game). lol...
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: Miami Heat Season Preview!!   Miami Heat Season Preview!! EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 9:05 pm

also 18th in the league in bpg and he's only 6'9
Back to top Go down
Saeed
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Saeed

PostSubject: Re: Miami Heat Season Preview!!   Miami Heat Season Preview!! EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 9:06 pm

Oh, okay. So it's fine if everyone gets rebounds, points score, etc. on him as long as he gets 2 blocks a game, right? RIGHT!?
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: Miami Heat Season Preview!!   Miami Heat Season Preview!! EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 9:09 pm

he was 18th in the league in blocks.

he played 16 minutes agma.e

you gotta imagine he's gonna be getting more mpg .

hes obviously not gonna stop dwight or anything. He's just gonna help stop the bleeding. which i already said. but you seem to think i thin he's god or someting :/
Back to top Go down
Saeed
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Saeed

PostSubject: Re: Miami Heat Season Preview!!   Miami Heat Season Preview!! EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 9:10 pm

lol all i said is he's only good for blocking. but you have to see that his points and rebounds arent very high...
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: Miami Heat Season Preview!!   Miami Heat Season Preview!! EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 9:12 pm

Who's Joel Anthony?
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: Miami Heat Season Preview!!   Miami Heat Season Preview!! EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 9:14 pm

when he started at c everything went up. not amazing stats but if you can stop opposing teams from scoring, and let bosh, lebron, wade all good rebounders get rebounds for you. then go for it.
Back to top Go down
Saeed
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Saeed

PostSubject: Re: Miami Heat Season Preview!!   Miami Heat Season Preview!! EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 9:22 pm

eh, good point. but z and anthony both cant be on at the same time unless you go really big and slow like this:

PG James
SG Wade
SF Bosh
PF Anthony
C Ilgauskas

Ownage on the boards yet will get beat downcourt every other possesion.

Yet I doubt that'll ever happen.
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: Miami Heat Season Preview!!   Miami Heat Season Preview!! EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 9:22 pm

if they put anthony and z in at once, then bosh isnt in the game lol
Back to top Go down
Saeed
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Saeed

PostSubject: Re: Miami Heat Season Preview!!   Miami Heat Season Preview!! EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 9:23 pm

Yeah thats what I figured hahaha.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Miami Heat Season Preview!!   Miami Heat Season Preview!! EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 7:32 am

They will do fine.If they don't win the championship this season,the next season will be theirs to lose

But it all depends on how well with the big 3 play in the playoffs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miami Heat Season Preview!!   Miami Heat Season Preview!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Miami Heat Season Preview!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Real Basketball Talk :: General NBA Talk :: General NBA-
Jump to: