Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

It's official: Haslem stays, Miller is in

Go down 
+3
brownie13
Nick C
Tar Heel
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

Male Posts : 5845

It's official: Haslem stays, Miller is in Empty
PostSubject: It's official: Haslem stays, Miller is in   It's official: Haslem stays, Miller is in EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 8:07 pm

Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Haslem stays, Miller is in   It's official: Haslem stays, Miller is in EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 8:17 pm

Good for Haslem. God pick up for the Heat with Mike Miller.

I'm starting to think that they should play LeBron at point guard.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Haslem stays, Miller is in   It's official: Haslem stays, Miller is in EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 8:24 pm

i dont like that theyre underpaying haslem. he shoulda fought for a little more. i know he's a class act and he loves miami and wade, but he took a lot less than he could have had. i like that he stayed, and he's a great guy to keep on, but he was treated a little unfairly if they're going to pay mike miller more than him.
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Haslem stays, Miller is in   It's official: Haslem stays, Miller is in EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 8:35 pm

Dub C wrote:
i dont like that theyre underpaying haslem. he shoulda fought for a little more. i know he's a class act and he loves miami and wade, but he took a lot less than he could have had. i like that he stayed, and he's a great guy to keep on, but he was treated a little unfairly if they're going to pay mike miller more than him.

Didn't he get a bigger offer in Dallas? He made his choice I guess. Haslem is a loyal dude.

Like you said I think he just didn't wanna' leave Florida and he's pretty close with Wade. Plus, Miami is the team that took him in as an undrafted rookie and he's probably one of those dudes that could've slipped through the cracks in the NBA if he didn't get signed by the Heat.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Haslem stays, Miller is in   It's official: Haslem stays, Miller is in EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 8:41 pm

Nick C wrote:
Dub C wrote:

Didn't he get a bigger offer in Dallas? He made his choice I guess. Haslem is a loyal dude.

Like you said I think he just didn't wanna' leave Florida and he's pretty close with Wade. Plus, Miami is the team that took him in as an undrafted rookie and he's probably one of those dudes that could've slipped through the cracks in the NBA if he didn't get signed by the Heat.

yea he did, and that's my point. he deserved to be paid like that, not at the same rate as anthony morrow/dorell wright/jordan farmar :/

i know he chose to stay, but they could have offered him at least a little more for his loyalty
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Haslem stays, Miller is in   It's official: Haslem stays, Miller is in EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 8:46 pm

Dub C wrote:
Nick C wrote:
Dub C wrote:

yea he did, and that's my point. he deserved to be paid like that, not at the same rate as anthony morrow/dorell wright/jordan farmar :/

i know he chose to stay, but they could have offered him at least a little more for his loyalty

Yeah. Dude worked his ass of (literally) to get on the roster. He dropped 70 lbs just to get in the summer league.

I kinda' look at it like I do Fisher. Both had choices to get paid more. Both took one for the team. I'm guessing they have lifetime employment after their careers with their respective team. Yer right though, he does deserve more pay for what he brings... especially if he's gonna' be doing center duty.
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Haslem stays, Miller is in   It's official: Haslem stays, Miller is in EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 10:52 pm

I really like how the Heat look right now, like better than I ever expected.

Need a C still.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Haslem stays, Miller is in   It's official: Haslem stays, Miller is in EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 6:59 pm

Nick C wrote:
Good for Haslem. God pick up for the Heat with Mike Miller.

I'm starting to think that they should play LeBron at point guard.

I'm starting to think that LeBron would play his strengths if he was a Point Guard
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Haslem stays, Miller is in   It's official: Haslem stays, Miller is in EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 7:03 pm

The heats roster is starting to come together.. but they still REALLY need a C.

They'll be able to find a vet PG and SG that will take the vet min.

PG-Chalmers - Vet.
SG-Wade - Vet
SF-LeBron-Miller
PF-Bosh-Haslem
C-Z

Once they get a C that is a good defender /rebounder.. they'll be really good. But since there's no C's out there that are good and willing to play for 1.8M, the Heat are still a year away.

...No, Z does not count a a good C that can defend and rebound. Rebound, maybe..
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Haslem stays, Miller is in   It's official: Haslem stays, Miller is in EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 7:09 pm

Z will be a good rebounder. 8 a game maybe. But not a defender lol
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Haslem stays, Miller is in   It's official: Haslem stays, Miller is in EmptyTue Jul 13, 2010 7:11 pm

Z is definitely a good rebounder but a good defender,i don't...
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

Male Posts : 5401

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Haslem stays, Miller is in   It's official: Haslem stays, Miller is in EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 6:18 am

Wb Hill Armstrong?He can rebound and defend, his offense is whack but they don't need it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Haslem stays, Miller is in   It's official: Haslem stays, Miller is in Empty

Back to top Go down

It's official: Haslem stays, Miller is in
Page 1 of 1