Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Why is John Wall overrated

Go down 
+15
No Longer DEAD
Chris
Mo
Nick C
Tar Heel
#1 Rockets Fan
cbi
Fox News
Darko
Rush
FC
brownie13
Raza
YS
Error
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Error
College Baller
College Baller
Error

Male Posts : 185

Why is John Wall overrated Empty
PostSubject: Why is John Wall overrated   Why is John Wall overrated EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 1:13 am

They're overrating him by saying he's faster than Chris Paul and has a higher Vertical Leap/Jump than Kobe Bryant. So what? John Wall won't be a bust, but he won't be and Derrick Rose phenotype. John Wall will be averaging these statistics: 10-15 pts, 5-7 apg, and 4 rpg.

This yrs draft was pathetic! Evan Turner will be ROY. Trust me!
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

PostSubject: Re: Why is John Wall overrated   Why is John Wall overrated EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 1:23 am

I think it would be easier if you made threads about who you don't think is overrated.....

Anyway...its pretty hard to believe what you're saying when Wall is being touted as a phenomenal talent...

And those statistics for a rookie ain't that bad...could do better...but certainly not a bust.

And he is faster than CP3....
CP3 isn't blazing fast....he is fast...but not amazingly fast..
And Kobe has lost almost all of his leaping abilities....so it is not a stretch to say that most of the players in this draft have a higher vertical than Kobe...
Back to top Go down
Error
College Baller
College Baller
Error

PostSubject: Re: Why is John Wall overrated   Why is John Wall overrated EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 1:27 am

YS wrote:
I think it would be easier if you made threads about who you don't think is overrated.....

Anyway...its pretty hard to believe what you're saying when Wall is being touted as a phenomenal talent...

And those statistics for a rookie ain't that bad...could do better...but certainly not a bust.

And Kobe has lost almost all of his leaping abilities....so it is not a stretch to say that most of the players in this draft have a higher vertical than Kobe...

Idiot, Wall isn't a Chris Paul type of player, he can't lead a team. He's more of a Tony Parker type, but slightly inferior to Parker.
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

PostSubject: Re: Why is John Wall overrated   Why is John Wall overrated EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 1:29 am

Error wrote:
YS wrote:

Idiot, Wall isn't a Chris Paul type of player, he can't lead a team. He's more of a Tony Parker type, but slightly inferior to Parker.

Did I ever say that he is a Chris Paul type of player?
Where in my response did you get that from?

Gary Coleman shouldn't make fun of short people
.....is all I'm saying.
Back to top Go down
Error
College Baller
College Baller
Error

PostSubject: Re: Why is John Wall overrated   Why is John Wall overrated EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 1:31 am

YS wrote:
Error wrote:
YS wrote:

.....is all I'm saying.

Did I ever say you said he was a Chris Paul type of player? I'm just stating John Wall can never lead a team like Chris Paul. John Wall will become a bust for the Wizs.
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

PostSubject: Re: Why is John Wall overrated   Why is John Wall overrated EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 1:33 am

Error wrote:
YS wrote:
Error wrote:
YS wrote:

.....is all I'm saying.

Did I ever say you said he was a Chris Paul type of player? I'm just stating John Wall can never lead a team like Chris Paul. John Wall will become a bust for the Wizs.

Then why the hell did you bring up Chris Paul?
No person has ever compared John Wall to Chris Paul....
Their playing styles are far too different...

And what makes you think Wall can't lead a team?
Back to top Go down
Error
College Baller
College Baller
Error

PostSubject: Re: Why is John Wall overrated   Why is John Wall overrated EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 1:37 am

YS wrote:
Error wrote:
YS wrote:
Error wrote:
YS wrote:

.....is all I'm saying.

I brought up Chris Paul because this idiot on YouTube was comparing Wall to him. Heck year their styles are too different. Chris Paul has a better jump-shot than John Wall.

John Wall can't lead a team driving to the lane with his skinny boned ass. If he drives he'll become another Manu Ginobli, mediocre.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: Why is John Wall overrated   Why is John Wall overrated EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 1:41 am

If I was a rookie and was given the chance to be the next Manu Ginobili, I would take it in a heartbeat...
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

PostSubject: Re: Why is John Wall overrated   Why is John Wall overrated EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 1:42 am

Error wrote:
YS wrote:
Error wrote:
YS wrote:
Error wrote:
YS wrote:

.....is all I'm saying.

I brought up Chris Paul because this idiot on YouTube was comparing Wall to him. Heck year their styles are too different. Chris Paul has a better jump-shot than John Wall.

John Wall can't lead a team driving to the lane with his skinny boned ass. If he drives he'll become another Manu Ginobli, mediocre.

Why the hell are you complaining here if your beef is with some youtube video?
Go spam up that video with hate comments.....idc

John Wall is far from being a skinny boned ass....
And if you think that is all there is to his game...you obviously didn't watch him more..

And besides....how the hell is Manu mediocre?
Manu is one of the best SGs when he is healthy....
If Manu is mediocre...then god damn....95% of the NBA sucks balls....
Back to top Go down
Error
College Baller
College Baller
Error

PostSubject: Re: Why is John Wall overrated   Why is John Wall overrated EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 1:44 am

Raza wrote:
If I was a rookie and was given the chance to be the next Manu Ginobili, I would take it in a heartbeat...

Being injured a good chunk of your career would be worth it?
Back to top Go down
Error
College Baller
College Baller
Error

PostSubject: Re: Why is John Wall overrated   Why is John Wall overrated EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 1:46 am

YS wrote:
Error wrote:
YS wrote:
Error wrote:
YS wrote:
Error wrote:
YS wrote:

.....is all I'm saying.

And if you think that is all there is to his game...you obviously didn't watch him more..

"When". That's the key-word. Can John Wall keep healthy in the NBA? Can he drive like he use to against smaller defenders in College?
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: Why is John Wall overrated   Why is John Wall overrated EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 1:46 am

really? two threads about your hate of John Wall?

loving how bad YS is owning you though, lol
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

PostSubject: Re: Why is John Wall overrated   Why is John Wall overrated EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 1:48 am

Error wrote:
Raza wrote:

He was injured a good chunk of his career?
Last I checked...he only started having injuring problems this past year with his ankle...

He would miss 5 games every year...sure...but you're acting like the Spurs actually gave a shit about the regular season...
Back to top Go down
Error
College Baller
College Baller
Error

PostSubject: Re: Why is John Wall overrated   Why is John Wall overrated EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 1:48 am

Dub C wrote:
really? two threads about your hate of John Wall?

loving how bad YS is owning you though, lol

I don't hate anyone, I'm just stating that John Wall is overrated and that Evan Turner will be ROY. YS isn't owning anyone, he's making himself look retarded, like you are right now.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Why is John Wall overrated   Why is John Wall overrated EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 1:49 am

What the hell do you mean a good chunk of his career? Over Manu's 8 year career, he's played 70+ games 5 times, and once he played 69, which is close enough. Another close one is 65...The only time he missed a good part of the season due to injury is 08-09, where he only played 44. He's played 65+ games every year besides that. 17 or less games out of 82 is NOT at all a "good chunk"
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

PostSubject: Re: Why is John Wall overrated   Why is John Wall overrated EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 1:49 am

Error wrote:
YS wrote:
Error wrote:
YS wrote:
Error wrote:
YS wrote:
Error wrote:
YS wrote:

.....is all I'm saying.

"When". That's the key-word. Can John Wall keep healthy in the NBA? Can he drive like he use to against smaller defenders in College?

What smaller defenders?
Do you realize that college b-ball is not like little league?

College players don't grow 5 inches and don't put on 30-50 extra pounds...
They're the same exact players.....with better skillset in the NBA..

If you were talking about HS...then ok...but you can't pull the same argument about college...
Back to top Go down
Error
College Baller
College Baller
Error

YS wrote:
Error wrote:
Raza wrote:

Last I checked...he only started having injuring problems this past year with his ankle...

He would miss 5 games every year...sure...but you're acting like the Spurs actually gave a shit about the regular season...

Manu Ginobli's health has been a major issue the past three seasons. Manu Ginobli will decline shorthy.

:3
Back to top Go down
Error
College Baller
College Baller
Error

PostSubject: Re: Why is John Wall overrated   Why is John Wall overrated EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 1:50 am

YS wrote:
Error wrote:
YS wrote:
Error wrote:
YS wrote:
Error wrote:
YS wrote:
Error wrote:
YS wrote:

.....is all I'm saying.

What smaller defenders?

If you were talking about HS...then ok...but you can't pull the same argument about college...

Are you serious? Do you actually think John Faggot Wall and his silly nigger dance can go up against Shaq and Howard?
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Why is John Wall overrated   Why is John Wall overrated EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 1:50 am

And I completely forgot about how the Spurs randomly rest their good players for the playoffs, so some of the missed games for Manu was just a rest with Parker and Duncan.
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

PostSubject: Re: Why is John Wall overrated   Why is John Wall overrated EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 1:51 am

Error wrote:
YS wrote:
Error wrote:
Raza wrote:

Manu Ginobli's health has been a major issue the past three seasons. Manu Ginobli will decline shorthy.

No shit.
He's 32 years old who's been playing pro ball for 15 years....
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Why is John Wall overrated   Why is John Wall overrated EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 1:52 am

Error wrote:
Are you serious? Do you actually think John Faggot Wall and his silly nigger dance can go up against Shaq and Howard?

He'll go up, get hit, go to the line, make his free throws, get his points. We all know how easily you get fouled in the NBA these days
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

PostSubject: Re: Why is John Wall overrated   Why is John Wall overrated EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 1:52 am

Error wrote:
YS wrote:
Error wrote:
YS wrote:
Error wrote:
YS wrote:
Error wrote:
YS wrote:
Error wrote:
YS wrote:

.....is all I'm saying.

What smaller defenders?

Shaq was never a good defender...so yes...Wall can finish with Shaq in the paint..
And Howard is DPOY...even Lebron can't finish when Dwight contests the shot....so your argument is illogical...
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Why is John Wall overrated   Why is John Wall overrated EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 1:53 am

Error wrote:

Past three seasons:
09-10: Played 75 games
08-09: Played 44 games (the one year he's missed a "good chunk" of games
07-08: Played 74 games

70+
Back to top Go down
Error
College Baller
College Baller
Error

PostSubject: Re: Why is John Wall overrated   Why is John Wall overrated EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 1:53 am

Raza wrote:
What the hell do you mean a good chunk of his career? Over Manu's 8 year career, he's played 70+ games 5 times, and once he played 69, which is close enough. Another close one is 65...The only time he missed a good part of the season due to injury is 08-09, where he only played 44. He's played 65+ games every year besides that. 17 or less games out of 82 is NOT at all a "good chunk"

The last three seasons haven't looked too great for Ginobli eh?
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Why is John Wall overrated   Why is John Wall overrated EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 1:54 am

Error wrote:
The last three seasons haven't looked too great for Ginobli eh?

The last three seasons have looked great, besides 08-09.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why is John Wall overrated   Why is John Wall overrated Empty

Back to top Go down

Why is John Wall overrated
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Real Basketball Talk :: General NBA Talk :: General NBA-
Jump to: