Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

celtics shopping Perkins/19th pick to move up in draft

Go down 
+4
BNB
Tar Heel
YS
cbi
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

celtics shopping Perkins/19th pick to move up in draft Empty
PostSubject: celtics shopping Perkins/19th pick to move up in draft   celtics shopping Perkins/19th pick to move up in draft EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 4:16 pm

yeah.

what a stupid ass move by the celts if they trade perkins for a rookie
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

PostSubject: Re: celtics shopping Perkins/19th pick to move up in draft   celtics shopping Perkins/19th pick to move up in draft EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 4:16 pm

Do it Celtics!!
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

Male Posts : 5845

PostSubject: Re: celtics shopping Perkins/19th pick to move up in draft   celtics shopping Perkins/19th pick to move up in draft EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 4:18 pm

cbi wrote:
yeah.

what a stupid ass move by the celts if they trade perkins for a rookie

At least the rookie will be able to play the first two-thirds of next season, and not come back a shell. But yeah, I think the C's would regret that.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

PostSubject: Re: celtics shopping Perkins/19th pick to move up in draft   celtics shopping Perkins/19th pick to move up in draft EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 4:19 pm

They can get a better C if they move up in the draft..

Perkins is shit on O, gets in foul trouble, just tore his MCL and PCL, and is an okay defender/rebounder. His teammates make him look a lot better than he really is..

Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

PostSubject: Re: celtics shopping Perkins/19th pick to move up in draft   celtics shopping Perkins/19th pick to move up in draft EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 4:22 pm

If they were somehow able to swindle a pick where they landed Cousins (maybe even Udoh) then I could see this happening. But short of that, I think it would be a bad move for the C's. I'm waiting to hear what Chris thinks, though.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: celtics shopping Perkins/19th pick to move up in draft   celtics shopping Perkins/19th pick to move up in draft EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 4:24 pm

I don't see this as a bad move at all.... if they could upgrade at C, why not do it? There are a lot of bigs coming out of this draft that can do a lot more than perkins..
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: celtics shopping Perkins/19th pick to move up in draft   celtics shopping Perkins/19th pick to move up in draft EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 4:25 pm

Rise Against wrote:

Perkins is shit on O, gets in foul trouble, just tore his MCL and PCL, and is an okay defender/rebounder. His teammates make him look a lot better than he really is..

gtfo
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

PostSubject: Re: celtics shopping Perkins/19th pick to move up in draft   celtics shopping Perkins/19th pick to move up in draft EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 4:28 pm

Rise Against wrote:
I don't see this as a bad move at all.... if they could upgrade at C, why not do it? There are a lot of bigs coming out of this draft that can do a lot more than perkins..

Outside of Cousins, I don't see it. Whatever potential he may have, Favors is a project, which is not what you want right now. Udoh is known for his defense and rebounding...which is what Perkins is known for, and I bet Udoh isn't about to handle Dwight Howard one-on-one. Whiteside seems like this year's Thabeet. Ed Davis wouldn't have the needed size at C to deal with Howard, Bynum, etc. Perkins brings way more to the table than people think.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: celtics shopping Perkins/19th pick to move up in draft   celtics shopping Perkins/19th pick to move up in draft EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 4:30 pm

Now isn't the time to develop rookies, Pierce and Kg will be dead and shriveled by time This rookie dude is ready too go. They need to decide what there gonna do. Either " tweak and go" Or do a complete overhaul.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: celtics shopping Perkins/19th pick to move up in draft   celtics shopping Perkins/19th pick to move up in draft EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 4:31 pm

Superskunk wrote:
Rise Against wrote:

gtfo

Offense- He's got to be one of the worst offensive centers in the league.. he doesn't create anything for himself.. all of his shot oppurtunities come from his teammates drawing attention and dishing it off to him. he's also a horrible free throw shooter.

Defense- fouls way too much. pretty good defender though. They can get that in the draft though if they move up.

Who knows how well he'll play after he comes back from injury?

Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: celtics shopping Perkins/19th pick to move up in draft   celtics shopping Perkins/19th pick to move up in draft EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 4:31 pm

What a loyal team..They were doing this shit to rondo last year celtics shopping Perkins/19th pick to move up in draft 5529
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

PostSubject: Re: celtics shopping Perkins/19th pick to move up in draft   celtics shopping Perkins/19th pick to move up in draft EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 4:32 pm

Danny Ainge is one of the least loyal guys in NBA.
Back to top Go down
Chosen One
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Chosen One

Male Posts : 3316

PostSubject: Re: celtics shopping Perkins/19th pick to move up in draft   celtics shopping Perkins/19th pick to move up in draft EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 4:32 pm

Why would the Celtics do that when Perkins pretty much shut down both Shaq and Dwight in the playoffs (and keep in mind with Wallace retiring they need a good defensive center)
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

PostSubject: Re: celtics shopping Perkins/19th pick to move up in draft   celtics shopping Perkins/19th pick to move up in draft EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 4:33 pm

Let me put it this way: I would LOVE to see the C's swap the 19th pick and Perkins for a lottery pick. That right there should tell you it's not a good move by the Celtics. Or that I'm an idiot and it is a good move. One of the two. Razz
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: celtics shopping Perkins/19th pick to move up in draft   celtics shopping Perkins/19th pick to move up in draft EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 4:36 pm

CAguyofftoUNC wrote:
Rise Against wrote:

Outside of Cousins, I don't see it. Whatever potential he may have, Favors is a project, which is not what you want right now. Udoh is known for his defense and rebounding...which is what Perkins is known for, and I bet Udoh isn't about to handle Dwight Howard one-on-one. Whiteside seems like this year's Thabeet. Ed Davis wouldn't have the needed size at C to deal with Howard, Bynum, etc. Perkins brings way more to the table than people think.

So if perkins were in this draft you would take him over Orton, brackins, sanders, aldrich, etc...

All those guys could be better than perkins..

The only reason why it looked like the Celtics REALLY needed perkins against the lakers is cuz they don't have anybody else that be physical with other big men.. Rasheed is more of an outside shooter and isn't a great defender, big baby wasnt big enough, KG wasnt big enough.. and fuck sheldon williams. The Celtics would have been fine with any other big physical C that could play D..

Perkins isn't anything special
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: celtics shopping Perkins/19th pick to move up in draft   celtics shopping Perkins/19th pick to move up in draft EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 4:38 pm

Rise Against wrote:
Superskunk wrote:
Rise Against wrote:

gtfo

Offense- He's got to be one of the worst offensive centers in the league.. he doesn't create anything for himself.. all of his shot oppurtunities come from his teammates drawing attention and dishing it off to him. he's also a horrible free throw shooter.

Defense- fouls way too much. pretty good defender though. They can get that in the draft though if they move up.

Offense- averaged 10 ppg on 60% shooting, He aint pat but his baby hook is effective.

defense- This guy has got to be the best man-to-man defender in the nba. Look down tha list,good pf's and c's play shitty agaist him (aside from dwight).

He only fouled out twice all season and averages about 3fpg. and his injury was MCL? bigdeal Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

PostSubject: Re: celtics shopping Perkins/19th pick to move up in draft   celtics shopping Perkins/19th pick to move up in draft EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 4:39 pm

Fair point, there. I can see why they'd do it, I just think they should keep Perkins and get another C with their 19th pick. All those guys you listed there could easily be available by the time the Celtics number is called.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: celtics shopping Perkins/19th pick to move up in draft   celtics shopping Perkins/19th pick to move up in draft EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 4:40 pm

ther enot getting into the lottery with perkins+19th. theyll get maybe 11. Dont shit on a gem.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: celtics shopping Perkins/19th pick to move up in draft   celtics shopping Perkins/19th pick to move up in draft EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 4:44 pm

Superskunk wrote:
Rise Against wrote:
Superskunk wrote:
Rise Against wrote:

gtfo

Offense- averaged 10 ppg on 60% shooting, He aint pat but his baby hook is effective.

defense- This guy has got to be the best man-to-man defender in the nba. Look down tha list,good pf's and c's play shitty agaist him (aside from dwight).

He only fouled out twice all season and averages about 3fpg. and his injury was MCL? bigdeal Rolling Eyes

Almost all of his shots were easy as fuck.. Years before KG/Allen got there and the year before Rondo was any good he shot under 50%.. year after, he's shooting over 60%... it's his teammates.. not him.

When they played LA in the regular season.. Perkins got raped. In the finals Bynum was injured and was still able to produce against Perkins every once in a while.

But he is a good defender... What I'm saying is that they can get a C in the draft that can play D and produce on O.. There are a few bigs in this draft that can do that... which would be an upgrade over Perkins
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: celtics shopping Perkins/19th pick to move up in draft   celtics shopping Perkins/19th pick to move up in draft EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 4:45 pm

CAguyofftoUNC wrote:
Fair point, there. I can see why they'd do it, I just think they should keep Perkins and get another C with their 19th pick. All those guys you listed there could easily be available by the time the Celtics number is called.

I thought the C's would draft a big guy with the 19th pick cuz yeah, the guys I listed should be there.. but the latest mock drafts have a lot of bigs going before the 19th pick... So maybe thats why the C's wanna move up
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: celtics shopping Perkins/19th pick to move up in draft   celtics shopping Perkins/19th pick to move up in draft EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 4:47 pm

Rise Against wrote:
Superskunk wrote:
Rise Against wrote:
Superskunk wrote:
Rise Against wrote:

gtfo

Almost all of his shots were easy as fuck.. Years before KG/Allen got there and the year before Rondo was any good he shot under 50%.. year after, he's shooting over 60%... it's his teammates.. not him.

When they played LA in the regular season.. Perkins got raped. In the finals Bynum was injured and was still able to produce against Perkins every once in a while.

But he is a good defender... What I'm saying is that they can get a C in the draft that can play D and produce on O.. There are a few bigs in this draft that can do that... which would be an upgrade over Perkins

So you figure its his teammates and not the fact that he PUT IN THE WORK IN THE OFFSEASON?? I hate the way centers always get shitted on and are so under appreciated. Take Perkins off the celtics and there a 35 win team. And unless your absolutely amazing prodigy (which none of the center in this draft are) They'll take time to develop which will be too late because we saw this year,Paul,KG and ray are all slowing down. they need to make one more push b efore doing some shit like dis.
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: celtics shopping Perkins/19th pick to move up in draft   celtics shopping Perkins/19th pick to move up in draft EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 4:48 pm

I wouldn't trade him unless the Celtics are totally going back to the drawing board.

What he gives them is just as important to their success. He lets KG and Big Baby and Wallace not have to guard the biggest player on the opposing team. I don't think he's one of those guys you can rate based on stats.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: celtics shopping Perkins/19th pick to move up in draft   celtics shopping Perkins/19th pick to move up in draft EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 4:52 pm

Superskunk wrote:
Rise Against wrote:
Superskunk wrote:
Rise Against wrote:
Superskunk wrote:
Rise Against wrote:

gtfo

So you figure its his teammates and not the fact that he PUT IN THE WORK IN THE OFFSEASON?? I hate the way centers always get shitted on and are so under appreciated. Take Perkins off the celtics and there a 35 win team. And unless your absolutely amazing prodigy (which none of the center in this draft are) They'll take time to develop which will be too late because we saw this year,Paul,KG and ray are all slowing down. they need to make one more push b efore doing some shit like dis.

What plays are set up for perkins? like 0... Perkins has been doing the same shit since he got drafted. If he was anything special, people would have talked about him before the "Big 3" came to be. His first 4 years in the league was a waste.. why? He wasn't good enough to get playing time and he was on a shitty team.. once the team becomes good and there is no one else the Celtics could play at C, Perkins gets noticed..

35 win team without Perkins?!?! they won less games than that when they had perkins WITHOUT KG and allen..

Perkins is easy to replace... KG/allen/Pierce/Rondo are not easy to replace..
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: celtics shopping Perkins/19th pick to move up in draft   celtics shopping Perkins/19th pick to move up in draft EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 4:54 pm

Ima leave this one alone...
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: celtics shopping Perkins/19th pick to move up in draft   celtics shopping Perkins/19th pick to move up in draft EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 4:55 pm

Nick C wrote:
I wouldn't trade him unless the Celtics are totally going back to the drawing board.

What he gives them is just as important to their success. He lets KG and Big Baby and Wallace not have to guard the biggest player on the opposing team. I don't think he's one of those guys you can rate based on stats.

I said this earlier in this thread. The only reason why Perkins seems so valuable to the Celtics is because they have no one else on the team thats as big or as physical as Perkins.. But there are guys coming out of the draft that can give you just that.. even in free agency.. They can also bring some O.. which Perkins doesn't really have.

If the Celtics had someone other than Perkins who could be physical with other bigs, Perkins wouldn't be AS valuable
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: celtics shopping Perkins/19th pick to move up in draft   celtics shopping Perkins/19th pick to move up in draft Empty

Back to top Go down

celtics shopping Perkins/19th pick to move up in draft
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next