Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Nebraska joining the Big Ten on Friday

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

Nebraska joining the Big Ten on Friday Empty
PostSubject: Nebraska joining the Big Ten on Friday   Nebraska joining the Big Ten on Friday EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 8:22 pm

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5268408

Looks like the Big 12 is the first conference to get screwed over... Six Big 12 schools are looking to get into the Pac 10 now assuming the Big 12 can't be saved including Texas, Texas A&M, and Texas Tech. I never saw this particular scenario coming at all. The Big Ten now would have Nebraska plus their current 11 members, and perhaps Missouri will follow them.

With the Big 12, there is a big question as to what will happen to Baylor or Colorado who may have to end up in CUSA or MWC. Baylor right now is probably very jittery if the Big 12 goes away, AND they fail to get in a Automatic BCS bid.

There's a good chance that the Mountain West may get Colorado and that may get them an automatic BCS berth for football if Boise State isn't good enough already. If the Mountain West gets an automatic berth, we do have a possibility that Army and Navy will join conferences, and likely to the Big East, because Air Force in this scenario would get an automatic BCS berth if they win the MWC while Army and Navy won't if they remain independent. The third independent, Notre Dame, may also have to go to the Big East for all sports, if things play out this way...
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Nebraska joining the Big Ten on Friday   Nebraska joining the Big Ten on Friday EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 8:55 pm

woot woot nebraska Very Happy
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: Nebraska joining the Big Ten on Friday   Nebraska joining the Big Ten on Friday EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 1:50 am

unexpected, and kind of disappointed. i wanted missouri :/. better at almost every sport and i like them more. they also have a big rivalry with illinois. i didn't want more than 12 before, but now that it's nebraska, we need to get two others Nebraska joining the Big Ten on Friday 372102
Back to top Go down
Steve
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Steve

Male Posts : 1710

PostSubject: Re: Nebraska joining the Big Ten on Friday   Nebraska joining the Big Ten on Friday EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 1:54 am

This is bullshit...Colorado doesn't belong in the Mountain West....we've been playing since 1876....we were in the Big 8 before it expanded, what the hell!
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

Male Posts : 5845

PostSubject: Re: Nebraska joining the Big Ten on Friday   Nebraska joining the Big Ten on Friday EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 12:02 pm

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5271438

Colorado will accept a Pac-10 invite, and if Nebraska announces it's going to the Big Ten, say hello to the Pac-16; according to their typical anonymous sources, Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State will also accept invites.

So...the former Pac-8 (USC, UCLA, Cal, Stanford, Oregon, Oregon State, Washington, Washington State) in one division, with Arizona and Arizona State joining the newcomers in the other division. Damn.
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

PostSubject: Re: Nebraska joining the Big Ten on Friday   Nebraska joining the Big Ten on Friday EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 12:34 pm

Where does Baylor go?
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: Nebraska joining the Big Ten on Friday   Nebraska joining the Big Ten on Friday EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 1:35 pm

Probably the Mountain West Conference
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

PostSubject: Re: Nebraska joining the Big Ten on Friday   Nebraska joining the Big Ten on Friday EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 1:53 pm

thewiz06 wrote:
Where does Baylor go?

No idea. I thought swapping out a Colorado invite for a Baylor one was a prerequisite for Texas coming to the Pac-10. Apparently not so anymore. So yeah, it's probably the Mountain West for them.

My question is, where does Kansas go??? They seem to be the odd man out when it comes to all the expansion talk.
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: Nebraska joining the Big Ten on Friday   Nebraska joining the Big Ten on Friday EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 2:16 pm

I want missouri and kansas to join the big 10
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

PostSubject: Re: Nebraska joining the Big Ten on Friday   Nebraska joining the Big Ten on Friday EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 2:46 pm

I'd like to see the ACC kick out BC and put Kansas in, but they aren't exactly on the coast lol.

Hmmm...if conference expansion is inevitable (and it looks like it is), I might enjoy seeing something like this happen:

1. Nebraska, Missouri, Kansas, Pittsburgh, and Syracuse make the Big 10 the Big 16.
2. To keep pace, the SEC raids the ACC, adding Miami and Florida State. They're perfect fits anyway, and the SEC probably doesn't need 16 teams to be a superconference, though they could potentially take some of the remains of the Big 12/add more from the ACC.
3. The remaining decent Big East and ACC teams (and Notre Dame) form the...I dunno, Big Atlantic Conference.
4. The leftovers are absorbed by smaller conferences and help make them more legit (for example, Baylor joins the Mountain West, K-State joins Conference USA).
5. We get a playoff system based on the BCS rankings. Eight bids (two automatic apiece for the Pac 16, Big 16, SEC, one for the Big Atlantic, one at-large (Utah, Boise State, TCU, etc.), with the traditional bowl games functioning as the venues for the playoffs.

Is it gonna happen? No...but I can dream, can't I? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: Nebraska joining the Big Ten on Friday   Nebraska joining the Big Ten on Friday EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 5:22 pm

Steve wrote:
This is bullshit...Colorado doesn't belong in the Mountain West....we've been playing since 1876....we were in the Big 8 before it expanded, what the hell!

LOL! Now you're not Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nebraska joining the Big Ten on Friday   Nebraska joining the Big Ten on Friday Empty

Back to top Go down

Nebraska joining the Big Ten on Friday
Page 1 of 1