Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

how do you see the orlando-boston ecf series playing out?

Go down 
+7
Chris
Darko
Tar Heel
Nick C
Straight Edge Bluntness
wallshingtonwizard
Saeed
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Saeed
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Saeed

Male Posts : 8780

how do you see the orlando-boston ecf series playing out? Empty
PostSubject: how do you see the orlando-boston ecf series playing out?   how do you see the orlando-boston ecf series playing out? EmptyThu May 13, 2010 11:29 pm

lets leave all the past news in this playoffs about the hawks playing this, cavs doing that, etc.

boston vs orlando.
orlando has homecourt advantage.
who wins the series?
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

PostSubject: Re: how do you see the orlando-boston ecf series playing out?   how do you see the orlando-boston ecf series playing out? EmptyThu May 13, 2010 11:37 pm

I think it'll be the Magic in seven. But if Boston can beat Cleveland, they can certainly beat Orlando. I'll have to update my grade in the report card to at least a C now because of their latest success.
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: how do you see the orlando-boston ecf series playing out?   how do you see the orlando-boston ecf series playing out? EmptyFri May 14, 2010 1:27 pm

Sue me but I am picking Boston to win this series.
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: how do you see the orlando-boston ecf series playing out?   how do you see the orlando-boston ecf series playing out? EmptyFri May 14, 2010 1:41 pm

Orlando in 6.

Cavs didn't have the bench or the bigs that Orlando does to throw at Boston. Jameer Nelson unlike Mo' Williams doesn't play on and off. He's been way more steady than Mo'. Matt Barnes/Pietrus can both take turns hitting threes and taking on Pierce. KG can't let Lewis shoot from outside like he did with Jamison and because Lewis rarely goes into the post and KG will need to double Howard with Perkins, Lewis will get a boatload of looks from long range. Vince is still athletic enough to cover Allen while being a legit scoring option (unlike Parker).

Last edited by Nick C on Fri May 14, 2010 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

Male Posts : 5845

PostSubject: Re: how do you see the orlando-boston ecf series playing out?   how do you see the orlando-boston ecf series playing out? EmptyFri May 14, 2010 1:42 pm

I've filed the papers, SRF. You'll be subpoenaed soon. 👅

Magic in seven. But I wouldn't be surprised at all by a Celtics win. They're hungry for vengeance now that KG is healthy.

Last edited by CAguyofftoUNC on Fri May 14, 2010 2:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: how do you see the orlando-boston ecf series playing out?   how do you see the orlando-boston ecf series playing out? EmptyFri May 14, 2010 2:23 pm

Idk but here are my predictions for both teams.If Magic win,they will win in 7.If Celtics win,they will win in 7.
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

Male Posts : 5401

PostSubject: Re: how do you see the orlando-boston ecf series playing out?   how do you see the orlando-boston ecf series playing out? EmptyFri May 14, 2010 3:54 pm

It will go down to some things.

Can Perkins and the whole team stop Howard?Atlant couldnt, and Shaq is way worse but he did have 21 and 19 in 2 games, thats what concerns me.

Orlandos winning efficiency, they are one of the best home teams and away teams, they played only 8 games to get to the finals.They havent lost since April and have to lose twice since January.Boston will need a back to back win to win the series and Orlando has to lose back to back 4 months.

Can the C's play like they did with Cavs?Have they enough left in the tank?

Can Rondo get the better of Nelson, if yes the C's will have chances.

1st game will be a factor, if C's can play the fast pased Orlando will play then we will have chances.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: how do you see the orlando-boston ecf series playing out?   how do you see the orlando-boston ecf series playing out? EmptyFri May 14, 2010 4:17 pm

7 games. no idea who's going to win. boston is playing a lot better than they were, but I don't know if it's better than orlando. i guess I'll stay with what I've said since the middle of the season and go Orlando, but Boston could win this series too.
Back to top Go down
EM:)
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
EM:)

Male Posts : 6319

PostSubject: Re: how do you see the orlando-boston ecf series playing out?   how do you see the orlando-boston ecf series playing out? EmptyFri May 14, 2010 4:28 pm

Dub C wrote:
7 games. no idea who's going to win. boston is playing a lot better than they were, but I don't know if it's better than orlando. i guess I'll stay with what I've said since the middle of the season and go Orlando, but Boston could win this series too.

I agree with Ryan wholeheartedly I think it will go a full 7 with no idea who takes it. Boston is playing a whole lot better and Orlando looks set to go back to the Finals the way they are playing. Both teams are revamped since the last time they saw each other in the semis. Boston has KG this time, but also got rid of House who was lights out in that series for Boston and scorched them for 30 and hit some key shots. Maybe Boston has another House on their bench this season. Orlando has a few new faces as well that can leave a mark on this series. Rondo-Nelson will be a very exciting duel I think and Pierce/VC matchup seems interesting. If Sheed has a good series Boston can do something here.
Back to top Go down
Chosen One
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Chosen One

Male Posts : 3316

PostSubject: Re: how do you see the orlando-boston ecf series playing out?   how do you see the orlando-boston ecf series playing out? EmptyFri May 14, 2010 5:17 pm

Magic in 6

I think this is a great matchup but lets be real here the Celtics can go out and get a 30 point lead if they want against the Magic but Orlando can get really......really hot from 3.....

And when that happens how do you see the orlando-boston ecf series playing out? 744298

Boston has a good chance to beat them though....beating Cleveland is a hell of a moral booster and they got grea interior defence. Boston will contain Dwight just fine but like I said Dwight doesnt need to play well for the Magic to win cause of all the streaky players they have....
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

PostSubject: Re: how do you see the orlando-boston ecf series playing out?   how do you see the orlando-boston ecf series playing out? EmptyFri May 14, 2010 8:42 pm

ORL in 6.

They're gonna run against the Celtics... something the cavs didn't do. The Cavs wanted to play at a slower pace, which was actually an advatage for the C's... Whenever the cavs did run against the C's, they went on a little run... The Magic like to wun and I think that's gonna kill the celtics.. esp. since ORL has a bunch of guys that can score.
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

PostSubject: Re: how do you see the orlando-boston ecf series playing out?   how do you see the orlando-boston ecf series playing out? EmptyFri May 14, 2010 10:47 pm

After the Bruins' total choker tonight, the Celtics will not win as the fans are just completely dejected. They can blame the Bruins for destroying Boston's pride until October, assuming the Red Sox are even playing by then.
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how do you see the orlando-boston ecf series playing out?   how do you see the orlando-boston ecf series playing out? Empty

Back to top Go down

how do you see the orlando-boston ecf series playing out?
Page 1 of 1