Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Yao Ming has been forgotten about and will be a Free Agent this offseason

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

Male Posts : 8873

Yao Ming has been forgotten about and will be a Free Agent this offseason Empty
PostSubject: Yao Ming has been forgotten about and will be a Free Agent this offseason   Yao Ming has been forgotten about and will be a Free Agent this offseason EmptyTue May 04, 2010 10:43 am

Since he's sat out the whole year it's been easy to forgot about him. I wonder how many of you people have?

So where do you think he'll end up next year and how well do you think he'll do after a year off?
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Yao Ming has been forgotten about and will be a Free Agent this offseason   Yao Ming has been forgotten about and will be a Free Agent this offseason EmptyTue May 04, 2010 11:46 am

Personally, he hasn't been forgotten by me - but I have been more focused on where Bosh will end up next season. In the same way, I think some of us are more interested in where Wade, Lebron, Bosh will end up since they appear to be much bigger names than Yao.

Anyway, my guess is that he would stay in Houston.
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: Yao Ming has been forgotten about and will be a Free Agent this offseason   Yao Ming has been forgotten about and will be a Free Agent this offseason EmptyTue May 04, 2010 11:49 am

SRF: Spurs Fever! wrote:
Personally, he hasn't been forgotten by me - but I have been more focused on where Bosh will end up next season. In the same way, I think some of us are more interested in where Wade, Lebron, Bosh will end up since they appear to be much bigger names than Yao.

Anyway, my guess is that he would stay in Houston.

I'd guess the same since I don't see many teams taking a risk on him with the injury problems. I think he gets a smaller deal to return to Houston

How do you think he will do in his comeback to the NBA after a year off?
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Yao Ming has been forgotten about and will be a Free Agent this offseason   Yao Ming has been forgotten about and will be a Free Agent this offseason EmptyTue May 04, 2010 12:06 pm

Provided that he avoids injury next season - I think he is very much capable of making a comeback in the future.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

PostSubject: Re: Yao Ming has been forgotten about and will be a Free Agent this offseason   Yao Ming has been forgotten about and will be a Free Agent this offseason EmptyTue May 04, 2010 12:08 pm

I think yao ming has an option to stay with the rockets. And since that option is worth 18 million.. i doubt he'll become a free agent.
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: Yao Ming has been forgotten about and will be a Free Agent this offseason   Yao Ming has been forgotten about and will be a Free Agent this offseason EmptyTue May 04, 2010 12:51 pm

Nenadidas wrote:
I think yao ming has an option to stay with the rockets. And since that option is worth 18 million.. i doubt he'll become a free agent.

Oh yea I just looked it up he does have a 17mil player option for 2011

after a huge injury that sat him out a year no way he will decline it

I should ask how everybody thinks he'll do next season
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: Yao Ming has been forgotten about and will be a Free Agent this offseason   Yao Ming has been forgotten about and will be a Free Agent this offseason EmptyTue May 04, 2010 12:59 pm

Nenadidas wrote:

+1

Yeah I agree. Plus, Yao hasn't been forgotten. I just heard an interview with Daryl Morey. They have full intention of letting Yao heal and want him to be with the team (health willing) for the rest of his career. To some that's GM talk, but Morey is one of the few bullshit free GM's on the NBA.

Plus like Nenad said 17 mill guaranteed would be stupid to opt out off with a CBA looming and the fact that his injury history is starting to pile up.

I wish Yao didn't have to play year round for Houston and China. At some point China has to understand that if they want him to have any type of legacy in the NBA, the 7'6" 330+ pound man cannot keep playing year round with no rest. A body that big cannot go a full year w/o rest. With the way it's set up Yao Ming has no other choice but to play and shorten his chances for a long NBA career.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yao Ming has been forgotten about and will be a Free Agent this offseason   Yao Ming has been forgotten about and will be a Free Agent this offseason Empty

Back to top Go down

Yao Ming has been forgotten about and will be a Free Agent this offseason
Page 1 of 1