Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Dirk & Adversity:

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
EM:)
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Male Posts : 6319

Dirk & Adversity: Empty
PostSubject: Dirk & Adversity:   Dirk & Adversity: EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 3:00 am

Warriors series:

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/4094/a-close-look-at-dirk-nowitzki

Dirk Nowitzki - 19.7 PPG, 11.3 RPG

Nuggets series:

34.4 PPG, 11.6 RPG, 50 something plus from the field, 91+ from the line, 4 APG (more than Melo)

*Everything more and better than Melo outscored him in every game.

- That was the year his gf of many years was arrested and they were going through a rough patch in their relationship and Dirk still produced on this superhuman level.

I'm sick and tired of people labeling him soft and not a vocal leader he berated Dampier in the press before and just cause he isn't up and down in people's faces like that of KG doesn't make him any less of a leader than the other greats in the league. I want SA to win this series cause SA is great and pimp and they've beat Dirk before, but I would not blame Dirk cause SA is a great team that Dirk has lost to before. But, what about the years Dirk came up huge and beat SA?

Did you know that Dirk Nowitzki has never lost a series when the series went 7 in his career?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OmE3B-s8ow

Not only that statistically this is Wade's best playoff year and it yielded bad results. Well last season Dirk on a better team than Wade this season still put up a better stat line than Wade. You will never get me to say Wade is better than Dirk until one of them declines the most, but until then Dirk > Wade at least for me.

I would GIVE UP DAVID LEE AND PRICK SOME BLOOD OUT OF ME FOR A CHANCE TO HAVE DIRK NOWITKI. There's only 2 players in the 2010 FA pool I would say that about that can take Lee out w. me not being pissed about it that's LeBron and Dirk. I would be pissed if NY takes Wade or Bosh or whomever if we have to get rid of Lee. That's how much I respect Dirk. I like him more than Lee and I love Lee. So that goes to show you
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: Dirk & Adversity:   Dirk & Adversity: EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 4:29 am

TonyEM: wrote:
I would GIVE UP DAVID LEE AND PRICK SOME BLOOD OUT OF ME FOR A CHANCE TO HAVE DIRK NOWITKI. There's only 2 players in the 2010 FA pool I would say that about that can take Lee out w. me not being pissed about it that's LeBron and Dirk. I would be pissed if NY takes Wade or Bosh or whomever if we have to get rid of Lee. That's how much I respect Dirk. I like him more than Lee and I love Lee. So that goes to show you
...goes to show me that you're incredibly biased when it comes to both of them
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Male Posts : 6319

PostSubject: Re: Dirk & Adversity:   Dirk & Adversity: EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 5:01 am

Not biased I see their faults but I prefer them to players like Wade who have their own faults and no one brings them into light cause they swoon all over them. Dirk, Melo (at times), King James, and TD, and D-Will are the only superstars in the NBA I can honestly say I genuinely like and respect. The other ones it's either indifference or extreme hatred.
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Dirk & Adversity:   Dirk & Adversity: EmptyThu Apr 29, 2010 10:55 am

My problem with Dirk lies with his inability to rally his team mates and encourage them to play hard on a consistent basis in order to win a championship. Dirk has had great team mates as illustrated in previous posts.

Some of the NBA's best leaders (e.g. KG, Duncan, Fisher) are able to effectively motivate their team mates. I even feel that Andrew Bogut is a better leader than Dirk because he influenced the "Fear the Deer" movement in Milwaukee. He brought in a group of his friends to attend Bucks games as a means to hype up the crowd; and if the crowd is hyped up, it encourages the team mates to play better ball.

Yeah, he has called out some of his team mates during press conferences (Dirk, that is); but to me, that is a passive way of encouraging your team mates IMO. Dirk needs to step it up in that department.
Back to top Go down
Rush
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Rush

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: Dirk & Adversity:   Dirk & Adversity: EmptyTue May 11, 2010 3:23 pm

TonyEM: I Influence wrote:
Warriors series:

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/4094/a-close-look-at-dirk-nowitzki

Dirk Nowitzki - 19.7 PPG, 11.3 RPG

Nuggets series:

34.4 PPG, 11.6 RPG, 50 something plus from the field, 91+ from the line, 4 APG (more than Melo)

*Everything more and better than Melo outscored him in every game.

- That was the year his gf of many years was arrested and they were going through a rough patch in their relationship and Dirk still produced on this superhuman level.

I'm sick and tired of people labeling him soft and not a vocal leader he berated Dampier in the press before and just cause he isn't up and down in people's faces like that of KG doesn't make him any less of a leader than the other greats in the league. I want SA to win this series cause SA is great and pimp and they've beat Dirk before, but I would not blame Dirk cause SA is a great team that Dirk has lost to before. But, what about the years Dirk came up huge and beat SA?

Did you know that Dirk Nowitzki has never lost a series when the series went 7 in his career?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OmE3B-s8ow

Not only that statistically this is Wade's best playoff year and it yielded bad results. Well last season Dirk on a better team than Wade this season still put up a better stat line than Wade. You will never get me to say Wade is better than Dirk until one of them declines the most, but until then Dirk > Wade at least for me.

They need to leave Dirk. He has such a good supporting cast with Kidd, Marion, Terry, Butler. And yet he cant lead his team past 1st round.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dirk & Adversity:   Dirk & Adversity: Empty

Back to top Go down

Dirk & Adversity:
Page 1 of 1